Two New Unit Variations: a Roman & Eastern Cataphract

Originally posted by SpincruS
Man, I know, I'm from Istanbul :) I wanted to keep the max civs at below 20 (I even combined the Spain and Portugal, calling them "Iberians". This is the same mentality here, although let me tell you what; my heart was bleeding when I was doing these.).

why below 20?

Originally posted by Xen

why below 20?
That's the max my computer can afford after each turn during the industrial ages (2ghz, 512 RAM & all, but it's a laptop, so it has overheating problems, slowing it down).

Originally posted by SpincruS
That's the max my computer can afford after each turn during the industrial ages (2ghz, 512 RAM & all, but it's a laptop, so it has overheating problems, slowing it down).

man, I think that instead of combining civs you should have just taken some out.

Originally posted by aaminion00

man, I think that instead of combining civs you should have just taken some out.
True. On one hand, it hurts to combine civs. On the other hand, it hurts to leave out such cool UU's.

But still, I want my Mongolians to be in the game, as much as my Africans & Mesoamericans...

Originally posted by Xen
actually, just look at the pictures posted By kryten- the cataphract is modeld after the ARMENIAN style of cataphract...

A boring bit of history....
.....the Armenians copied the Seleuicds. ;)
(I have tried to find a realistic representation of Seleucid Cataphracts, but failed. :( . I assume they would have been similar, but with fancy pulmes on their helmets....which I am too lazy to add. :D )

Please note that I think that the "Eastern Cataphract" would also be an ideal unit for the ancient Russians. :eek:
Why not, as the so called 'Scythians' of the Late Roman period lived in roughly the region that we today call southern Russia (i.e the Alans, Rhoxolani, and Sarmatians. :) )

I just tested them in the game (just regular debugging mode). I can only say how amazed I am by the outcome of a cut-n-paste method unit.

Amazing... Just amazing...

This is great Kryten:thanx:

I have a question: In the MEM I use Utahs Cataphract as the Byzantine Cataphract. Kinboats as the Persian. The mod starts in 610, so I should not use the late Roman cataphract(also I wouldn´t have a clue to which civ I should give it too). However the eastern cataphract could be used for Armenia, right?

I would say that you are spot on Yoda. :D
(You know, if you really, really, wanted to, you could use the Roman Cataphract as a sort of elite Byzantine guards unit, and not allow them to build any new ones. :) )

Originally posted by Kryten
I would say that you are spot on Yoda. :D
Just what I wanted to hear:D

Units arent preplaced, so it would´nt be possible to give Byzantium some extra starting units. Also they are quite powerfull already.

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Just what I wanted to hear:D

Units arent preplaced, so it would´nt be possible to give Byzantium some extra starting units. Also they are quite powerfull already.

yes you can! if Iwere at home, and could take some screen shots of the editor, I would show you how, but I am at school right now (7:55 AM, EST) :mischief: :mischief: so I cant, but I will later ;)

Originally posted by Xen

yes you can! if Iwere at home, and could take some screen shots of the editor, I would show you how, but I am at school right now (7:55 AM, EST) :mischief: :mischief: so I cant, but I will later ;)
If you are thinking about scenario properties, then im not going to do it that way, because Byzantium would have to be in all games then(and Xen for everyone exept you, thats not positive;)). On the other hand if you are refering to a new feature in c3c im very interestet:)

I'll have to do a bit of investigate, bu ti belive there is way to get it to where when the Byzantines are in they get the extra units, and they dont have to ne in every game

He's golden :D :goodjob:

TLC-lol dont think so, im pretty busy making the MEM already:p

Kryten-How did you paint the cataphract yellow and still kept the contures? I know you used PSP, but what feature?

Top Bottom