Tyranid Hunters - DEBUG thread

i havent seen squats before, but i presume they are like dwarves, in which case aaglo made a dwarf with a rifle for hikaro IIRC...
I would like to fit the Squats in somewhere... It would also make more sense to have Squat barbarians than Tyranids - I mean, what sort of Tyranid would grant another faction technology? :crazyeye:

Navy Dawg made a hydralisk that looks like a ravener, and the Alien unit could be used as a general tyranid
These suggestions will most definitely be taken into consideration!

looking through the new rulebook, the fluff about the necrons suggests they are much more organised than one might think:

"...a tomb world restored to full operation will have many hundreds of necron lords, each dedicated to a particular role. some are builders and shapers, responsible for the endless swarms of tomb spyders and scarabs that maintain the tombcomplex. others are programmed to unearth and awaken buried starships, defend the tomb world from interlopers or scour nearby planets for mineral resources..."

there is also fluff about the lords retaining their personalities and memories, which suggests to me that they are "human" enough to be a playable faction

not to mention i have a few necron models that i plan to make units out of. after i figure out how to make certain things glow...
Well, if you can make Necron units, then there's nothing stopping them being added!

on to bugs:
- i've found some spelling mistakes, but thats not a huge problem, and easily fixed
Could you point them out? :)

- the conscript isnt using the lasgun attack i made for it. intentional?
Not intentional. I just used the units from the links in the first post of the units thread.

not really a bug, but i think that instead of the traitor, the LatD should get the chaos cultist as its starting unit. i think it fits in there better than the chaos marines to be honest. that way it'll be a conscript equivalent, making the traitor the guardsman equivalent at infantry, and move the mutant to tactics and the big mutant can replace the 'elite traitor'. elite traitor doesnt sound very good to me anyway. the only problem with this that i see is that most of the units at tactics are defensive units, like the heavy bolter squad and marine. can the mutant be a defensive unit, or at least have its defensive bolstered a little?
I'll think about it.

And I don't see why it should be a defensive unit, I mean, one of the best features about this game are the differences in units! :)

I would like to fit the Squats in somewhere... It would also make more sense to have Squat barbarians than Tyranids - I mean, what sort of Tyranid would grant another faction technology? :crazyeye:

Also, a Tyranid infestion gets stronger and stronger, rather than weaker and weaker as the playable factions grow. since the squats (i presume) have died out, this would represent this fairly well i would imagine.

Could you point them out? :)
Ok, here they are

- Devistator should Devastator for both Heavy Bolter and Missile
- Assult should be Assault for Marine and Barge
- Stormboyz, Stormierboyz, Kommandoz, Flash Gitz and Skarboyz should be in the singular rather than plural, so drop the 'z'
- Grott should be Grot
- Ork Dreadnought is now called Deff Dread, so i suggest a change
- Wyrdboy is now spelt Weirdboy
- Infil Traitors should be singular
- Traitor Armor should be Armour cos i'm an aussie ;)
- Rougue Psyker should be Rogue Psyker

Not intentional. I just used the units from the links in the first post of the units thread.
Didn't think so :)

And I don't see why it should be a defensive unit, I mean, one of the best features about this game are the differences in units! :)

True, i just thought it would just make them under powered defense wise if they didnt have a defense-orientated unit

The Big Mutie could have a good defensive bombard, and be armed with a heavy weapon of some sort.

At some time while playing, the game threw me out with an error:
FILE NOT FOUND Art\Units\Mongolian Horse Archer 2\Mongolian Horse Archer 2.INI
I tried copying the M horse archer file and placeing a 2 in the folder name and in the ini
but didnt work, I cheked the units lst in the editor, and it didnt have The Archer there at all, even though the folder is in the units section, any sugestions? I started off quite well and I dont wana restart.

Another bug of the forum is that you have to post 30 threads and stick around for thirty days in order to pick your own Avatar, At least they dont ask you to spend some 40 years in a Desert:mad:

Works now=)
there is one more thing, Ive corected it, there was a similar problem with a "ZombieGun.ini", I found it and changed it to "zombieRun", that was more likely, and the error disapeared. and one more question, ive downloaded a
"40kImprovements.XLS" file, where do I place it?

I'll have a look at the zombie file...

The 40kImprovements.XLS file is just a spreadsheet used to help design the improvements and wonders in the game. It can't affect the mod in any way, so it doesn't matter where you put it.

OK, this time the game throws out saing there is no art\units\Zombie\"Zombie.ini" file, its there, but the file name is just "Zombie", if you add ".ini" the game continious properly. Thanks on the Improvements tip=)

Right, I thought I fixed it but now it threw me out saing, Load error, file not found, art\units\Zombie\Zombie.INI I replaced it from the extraxted files, i think it wasnt there now, but even though its there now and the ini part is in the text it still comes up with the same error.

I'm not sure what the problem is here; looking in the zip for the Lost and the Damned update, I can see the Zombie.INI file... I'll have a test later.

It works now, remember I said that as soon as I added the .ini to the zombie ini file name, it started working, well, now i deleted the .ini part of the name leaving it "Zombie" and tested it and the game continioued, though earlier it would not run without the .ini part includer in the name of the zombie ini file odd huh?:confused:
Can it be that my PC is playing tricks???

Im Ckiking ass, At war with the ultras, they lost their first city:cool: there is one gap that leads from my territory to theirs on foot, and that is blocked by one of my cities, that means I got only one direct front line to worry about:D The game is awesome, everything is cool, say, why dont you give the Rinos and Landraiders the upload abilaty, like the battle barge, so they can carry slower footsoldiers into battle.

All right, two more bugs, first, the Havoc Lascanon unit doesnt have the bombard abilaty, even though in its description it sais, bombardement 8, next is that even though the cities grow they dont support more military.

OK!!!

Another BUG!!!

When the game time runs out after 540turns this pops out and throws you out: Load Error, no entry or something: text\Pediaicons\#LHURT_RACE_Black_Legion, and if you add that and copy and paste some of the similar looking stuff in the appropriate place in the Pediaicons text file it goes
#SHAPP_RACE_ULTRAMARINES, looks like you forgot to put those for all the Wh40k races=(
I adder The SHAPP_RACE stuff into the Pediaicons text for all the races, and now the game continious beyond the game limit, that was an all together 12 and something hours of play, I enjoyed every minute, Il look out for oyher bugs......

Top Bottom