Ultimate Civ Tourny!!

Well, it was a sad day in the Souix Republic this week. The evil religious zealot, Narz of Babylon, sent a diplomat to Cedar Creek. But the green backs he bore were not olive branches. No indeed, they were currency, and plenty of it. Enough to bribe the fine city of Cedar Creek into joining the Green Cult. Unfortunately for us Souix, Cedar Creek was the seat of ALL our wonders. The once Great Chief Sitting Rick made two fatal mistakes......

1)....Having all wonders in a coastal city.
and
2)....Forgeting that city bribing was allowed in this game. This mistake is compounded by the fact that the (once) mighty Souix had the knowledge of Democracy for several turns prior to this event. (This is a good one for the Human Stupidities thread)

:wallbash: :suicide:

As a result of this mismanagement, the Souix are but a shadow of their former glory. And to make matters worse for us, the evil pawns of the Green Cult, the English Anarchists, have attacked the shores of our great nation as well. So now we Souix are trying to rally our forces to repel these evil-doers. And we shall prevail! OR DIE TRYING!! In the words of the Great Chief, Patrick Henry....GIVE ME LIBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH!!:aargh: :aargh: :aargh:

fragmented speech from mignonne to the spanish nation...

"... therefore my beloved and dearest citizens:... i am deeply concerned about the unneccessary as well as unprovoced aggression towards the sioux nation... it makes us wonder about the true motives of our closest neighbors... we will be wise to protect ourselves and respond to any such aggression towards our great nation with and from the fondest of all our hearts, courage and might... we will prevail, and in case, will be ready to respond... so that u, my dear child, can and will grow up in our safe heavens and become who we are: the Spanish!... i love you, my citizens... may god be on our side and protect this planet from all evil... may justice be on the side of its beholders"

palace of madrid, september 29, 2002

What another fine day for the Anglo-Babylonian Coalition ;)

Not only did we take TWO cities from the xenophobic Sioux but I built King Richards Crusade!! I also expanded again with a few more cities scattered throughout my now bulging island empire. :)

Due to the inability of Rick to find the revolution button and switch to Demcracy, Narz was able to bribe Cedar Creek which was home to Mikes Chapel! This sent the Sioux into disaray with civil disorder sweeping the nation :D

However back at home my capitals people decided to delay the production of their Cathedral by overthrowing my Democratic Government :mad: However this did mean the my Anarchy Government could declare war on the Sioux with no fear of senate interference! :evil: I captured a city with my FIRST ever attack!

The Spanish were quiet as usual and I think the AI has fallen asleep :lol:

Vive l'anarchie!!

There was fierce debate among the Narcitizens about the Cedar Creek issue. In the end it was decided that the best thing to do was to peacefully (without combat) bring the city into the enlightened Babylonian empire. The people were sick of the Fundamentalist regime and they understood that with a grand chapel such as Michaelangelo's to reassure the people, there would be no need for the repressive rule and the government could become a Democracy. The more militaristic types were eager to visit the workshop of the famed Leonardo so they could teach their men how to use the new weapons they would need to survive in the new modern world. The merchants spoke in awe or the stories they'd heard about the great Collosus and how tourists would come from miles around to view the great statue and then flood the marketplaces with trade. Some sympathic types worried about how the transfer of power would effect the Sioux economy and morale but in an inspiring speech Narz proclaimed that eventually the whole world would be united under one grand and benevolent ruler but before that happened there would be great chaos and confusion as people stuggled to come to terms with the concept of global unity.

:) Good session everyone. Rick, I admire your lack of bitterness and your fighting spirit. I admit my actions were a bit crafty and underhanded but hey, if I didn't play to win, I wouldn't be much of a competitor would I? Migonne, you have no reason to fear, we have a treaty, note I have not broken any agreements during the whole course of history (my Civ's history anywhere). As my empire expands the price of peace may go through some sharp inflation ;) but my allies will always be treated with loyalty.

See you all next Sunday! :ninja:

My usually weekly update for week 10 coming soon!

- Narz :king:

SO!!! The evil Green Cult makes an attempt at explaining it's actions!! The Souix Nation, and now the rest of our world, hears these words of straw spoken with a forked tongue!!
Migonne, you have no reason to fear, we have a treaty, note I have not broken any agreements during the whole course of history (my Civ's history anywhere).
Let it be known that the Souix Nation HAD A PEACE TREATY with the theocracy of the Green Cult. And that the evil religious zealot Narz was green with envy, (perhaps how the cult got it's name :lol: ), of the Wonders built in the Souix Nation. And that this envy drove him to BREAK this treaty. So BEWARE, nations of our world, lest you be stabbed by the forked tongue of the Evil Green Cult!! :satan:

Hmmm, I don't know what to tell you Genral, I don't remember ever signing a treaty (that wouldn't have been in my best interest ;) ) though we did trade some techs I think. I was Receptive though, I try to be open to all but suceptable to none :).

partial summary of the queen's vision, presented to the spanish assembly:...

".... while overseeing the facts and diplomatic relations as well as the past... traditional law has been and is based on previous years, i.e. for centuries peace (even when officially declared only as a simple contact) flurished between the two most powerful nations on earth, the sioux and babylonians... ergo, peace was tradition...

realism requires the nations to understand that the attacks from the religious babylonian government have been nothing else but pure aggression, no matter how words are being turned around... afterall, the spanish people havent noticed any such actions towards other nations or any conquered babylonian city by the sioux themselves...

the english have taken advantage of the weak situation of these proud sioux... another aggression...

both attacks, from either one of my closest neighbors, have been carried out by cool blood and by obviously careful and longterm strategical planning... no such action can be carried out without being ready for... and none have been justified...

the spanish feel sorrow for the glorious sioux nation...

representing the spanish queen, the spanish special council and the spanish assembly speaking for the spanish people, as agreed, i the queen of the spanish condemn herewith the actions carried out by the babylonians and english civilizations... a plan to the status as prior to their actions must be developped and achieved...

the world has awaken... so did ours, the fearless and mighty spanish... may god be with us, may he protect us, may he be on the side of the righteous ones...

palace of madrid, september 30, 2002

So is everyone gonna be there at 11AM (4 or 5 NRK time)?

I really hope so, its been quiet here for awhile. I'm be up to play, be ready!

Just as the heading says, I have good news and bad news.
The good.....I am able to play today :goodjob:
The bad.......I can't start until 1:00 EDT (6:00 NRK time). But, I can play until 5:30.
Sorry, but this is unavoidable. See you all at 1:00.

Top Bottom