UM (United Modders)

Is there anyplace in you'll's stuff that you changed or have <DefineName>GLOBAL_WARMING_TERRAIN</DefineName>
anyplace?

Also i found out there is a bottleneck in HAND. I took out everything except Military/Misc/Science and Tower and the game in Industrial era etc, has a WAAAAY less next turn ratio, from 5-6 minutes each to just around 1 minute???

\I have included Dancing H's stuff/all of mine/added all kinds of extra units/leaderheads etc also.

As the new RoM 2.92 and the AND 1.74 beta(s) have been released, is the download from page 1 still compatible?

Hello out there,

first of all thank you for all this new stuff, I really love playing with this, although my PC still has many problems with its stability. But that is a problem which I have to solve :(.

Unfortunately I encountered a problem with the inquisition mod. I cannot build the inquisitors although I met the conditions to build them. First I activated the mod in the adjustment screen at the beginning. Ingame I switched the church civic to intolerated and set a state religion. In my case it was Christianity. But unfortunately I was not able to build inquisitors. I am sure that I have not made a mistake. When I played this game without this modmod beforehand I was able to build them. There is one more which puzzled me: If one misses a certain condition, the building screen gives the information in a red line. There is no red line for this unit but still it is not possible to build them.

Maybe I should mention that I deleted the new religions mady by Aaranda since I personally thought that this modmod was quite unfinished. I only left the classic religions in the game.

Well, I hope you understand my report? Otherwise I will provide you with screenshots.

Thank you in advance

Edit:

I just recognized that the problem seems to have nothing to do with this UM mod but with another. I uninstalled the UM and replaced it with HAND. I still have the problem. So maybe one of the moderators could move this post into a new topic? Or should I open a new thread? I am not completely sure wich of the mods are not compatible to each other. I have the following ones installed:

RoM 2.91
AND 1.73 + Patch k
HAND 1.2

Somewhere between these mods seems to be a conflict? Maybe it is interesting to know that I experienced a bug with the dynamic Civ Names Mod, too. Sometimes there occured some errors in the field where all the events are listed (the field in the centre on top of the screen.) I cannot recall what exactly it was.

Regards.

Why have something so early in the game and ends just the same way to early?

Snail and Eternity speed games. Many of the buildings which are obsoleted early are cheap and powerful for their cost, and are simply in the game to make the very slow game speeds bearable.

In reference to your screenshot in particular, I added the Firepit, Idol Shrine, Potter's Hut, War Hut, and Pottery resource. The Pottery resource has been removed and the Potter's Hut is obsolete with Metallurgy in the latest Early Buildings. Also, the War Hut has been complete scrapped.

An interesting thought would be to add a "PrereqGameSpeed" tag to buildings. Would you use it, Generalstaff?

An interesting thought would be to add a "PrereqGameSpeed" tag to buildings. Would you use it, Generalstaff?

Definitely. Of course I would prefer more of a "MaxGameSpeed" tag so that if a building is designed for Snail game speed, it will be carried over into Eternity, but not be included in Marathon. It would also allow me to edit out many buildings for the the faster than Epic game speeds. Since I have to do some bugfixes with Modular Civics Buildings anyways, going through Early Buildings with new code is no big deal.

That options would allow me to return the Basketweaver's Hut and Storage Pit, and would be included on Beadmaker's and Wheelwright. I also think Hydro would use it a lot too since many of his buildings are Stone Age based and do not have upgrades.

I'm thinking for complete control, you could use a PrereqOrGamespeed list, so you can decide whatever you want. Further, if the game is the wrong speed, I'll have the tech tree hide the buildings icons, etc...

I'm thinking for complete control, you could use a PrereqOrGamespeed list, so you can decide whatever you want. Further, if the game is the wrong speed, I'll have the tech tree hide the buildings icons, etc...

That works. I also like the tech tree hiding icons, and of course I am assuming that the game speed prereq is mentioned in the Pedia entry for the building (that should prevent people from saying "Where is Building X? I thought it was in this mod.").

Yep, it is. I just finished adding it. I'll make sure to include an example of using it.

Yep, it is. I just finished adding it. I'll make sure to include an example of using it.

I did not see it in the change log for 1.74. Was it added, and if so, could you please give me an example? If it was added, I would like to get started on adding it to Early Buildings as soon as possible.

The SVN has an example folder, with up-to-date schemas and example XML files. You can download an archive of it here.

A changelog is on the OP of the Main Download Info thread.

Top Bottom