UM (United Modders)

EDIT: Your installer could become a bit more user friendly. Such as explaining what each mod component is. Also simple check boxes might be nice. Something similar to the set up of AND.

Okay, there was an option to do it, i just never know what each mod was and description of it.

I down loaded the wrong one - now I have reached my limit for the month! Subdue Animals has python code associated with it which means a change to the assets\config\init.xml. Does the download include this?

does militia mod also require a edit in the init.xml file? And with the other thing i think i did include it i must check up, i know on my installation it is there

does militia mod also require a edit in the init.xml file? And with the other thing i think i did include it i must check up, i know on my installation it is there

Yes, the Militia mod also has python. What did you change with the sniper? Can you point to something that describes how to make an installer? You are making one for AND but most of my mods will work with RoM so I would like to make a RoM installation rather than and AND installation.

btw - Religion Decay is a RoM mod not an AND mod and I have the civic probability changes ready for testing. Now II need to start looking at a BUG screen for the options. :)

what will i have to change in that init file for the militia mod;

hmmm, well the easiest and simplest to use is InstallShield. thats what im using it has a wizard that does most of it for you and then you can go to advanced in this sense install designer, and edit more complex stuff. Nevr really looked at a tutorial though but did look at its help file for couple days, and making 2-3 small packages figuring what each option does and yeah did it;

ok religion decay can it work for AnD though?

oh and by the way i can run you through what you have to do to create a setup file. i guess like step by step or try to explain what each step does. i think you can download a trial version of it.

i didnt include i had a reason why didnt , since if i do it, it can corrupt their other mods they have installed especially if it has pythons because i have things on mine others dont and visa versa so it may not work to well. so rather instead which i forgot to do is in the readme file and instructions to tell people

For e.g my init file is like this :)

<!-- Rise of Mankind -->
<events module="WarPrizes"> </events>
<events module="CvWaterAnimalsModEventManager"> </events>
<events module="NukeAfterEffects"> </events>
<events module="Militia"> </events>
<events module="SubdueAnimals"> </events>
<events module="CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager">
</events>
<!-- Rise of Mankind end -->

What is the 4 after the militia mot event? Also have you thought about using the edit button? It should be used when no one has posted a reply to your comment. allowing you to group you comments into one set.

i do use the edit, in it but i just forget. sometimes find it easier to just go post quick reply. but yeah i will in the future. and the 4; when put the post now made an error on the pasting so yeah went back back and deleted so i just re-edited it and yeah typo.

There are some mods that use to be in AND but were taken out. It would be nice to have them in the UM. But I am unsure who made them. One had like promotions given by the granary. Another had a bandit footpad and a bandit horseman. And other had like a storyteller and some other units. Another had some imperial guards and stuff. Anyone know what these were from?

story teller i think thats in the entertainment mod i think one of dancing holzkud mods is that one :) granary and horseman im not sure

it can be as i said just give me the links to it, and if possible just make sure its updated with current AND 1.73 settings then we good to go.

in the UM theres none of his units unfortunately. dancing holskuld has told me he hasnt updated it yet that why never include it , not to sure wether it needs updating since dont thinkt here is much change needed , just maybe the schemas. But need to be sure. And i have been using the sniper unit with no problem. so yeah

THe attachment did you find any difference ? i'l use it though:)

Top Bottom