Unanswered Questions in Movies.

It isn't Butch's apartment anymore. I think Butch was as surprised as us to see a mobster in his old room. Complete coincidence. .

You're kidding me right? Vincent is specifically there, we assume under instruction from Marseles, to nail Butch should he return.

Likewise, Butch is aware of this thus his trepidation in having to return, his girlfriends concern ("but won't the gangsters be there?), and his caution in entering the back way through the other unit blocks.

Vincent(toilet sans weapon) and Butch(pop tarts)both drop their guard and Butch gets lucky.

Hmm, I've just Googled 'Plotinus'. Interesting results. :p

You didn't? Well, I'm that sexy.

Nah, if you google stuff about Pulp Fiction, you'll get a lot of stuff about nihilism and Nietzsche.

I wouldn't read too much into any of the flicks mentioned in this thread so far.

You're kidding me right? Vincent is specifically there, we assume under instruction from Marseles, to nail Butch should he return.

Likewise, Butch is aware of this thus his trepidation in having to return, his girlfriends concern ("but won't the gangsters be there?), and his caution in entering the back way through the other unit blocks.

Vincent(toilet sans weapon) and Butch(pop tarts)both drop their guard and Butch gets lucky.

Sometimes crap (I can't use the other word) just happens. I wouldn't think too much about him leaving the gun out. He was just dumb, leave it at that. Or just accept that it's a plot device. I really don't have any problem with that scene. It worked pretty good. Could he have done it better? Probably. Quentin Tarantino isn't god folks. He can't make a perfect movie. But the guy was in Amsterdam for like 2 years wasn't it? So he's out of practice being a hard hitting gangster, so he does the dumb thing of leaving the gun on the counter. Having a drug habit also doesn't help his mental functions any.

You can make more an argument of the guy firing 6 shots (I think it was 6- the entire revolver cylinder) at short range and missing both Vincent and Jules. But of course a major part of the plot couldn't happen if it didn't happen that way.

Pulp Fiction was the best movie to come out that year (it was robbed at the Academy Awards) by a long shot, but it isn't perfect.

Go yea, I thought about that scene weird.

Isn't that true if you google just about anything?

I'm using this as my guide.

Smokey and the Bandit: It's established early on that Bandid drove a semi before the movie. If that's the case, how did people recognize him when he's driving the trans am? I know he's going through some small towns, but he's going way too fast for people to see him, unless they're really looking. And some most aren't expecting to see him in a car, that should be damn-near impossible.

again SatB: Also from the same movie, the whole reason Bandit got the car was so he could run blocker for Snowman, meaning he'd keep the cops away so Snowman could haul the beer at top speed. Why then does he barely spend any time anywhere near Snowman? He spends most of the movie everywhere else, only really helping him once, with the motorcycle cop.

Jaws: Hooper and Brody take the boat out at night and find Ben Gardner's boat. Hooper just said this area is where the shark likes to roam. Hooper is more than certain this is a big #%$%@$^# shark. Did I mention it's at night, where they won't see the shark until they're inside of it? So why does Mr. shark expert Hooper decide to go into the water. alone. with nothing to protect himself? He even tells Brody nothing will happen. Why? You have no clue where this shark is. It's pitch black out. You find a sinking boat in the EXACT PLACE where you know the shark likes to wander. But you still think it's a good idea to just hop into the water and poke around?

SAW VI: Why did Hoffman go through all the trouble to conceal his tracks (wearing gloves, staying a step away from everyone) in the previous movie to play things so recklessly in this one (no gloves, using Stram's hand instead of just staying invisible, constantly getting suspiciously into everyone's face, etc.)? It's like he forgot all his tactics or just didn't care anymore.

Sometimes crap (I can't use the other word) just happens. I wouldn't think too much about him leaving the gun out. He was just dumb, leave it at that. Or just accept that it's a plot device. I really don't have any problem with that scene. It worked pretty good. Could he have done it better? Probably. Quentin Tarantino isn't god folks. He can't make a perfect movie. But the guy was in Amsterdam for like 2 years wasn't it? So he's out of practice being a hard hitting gangster, so he does the dumb thing of leaving the gun on the counter. Having a drug habit also doesn't help his mental functions any.

You can make more an argument of the guy firing 6 shots (I think it was 6- the entire revolver cylinder) at short range and missing both Vincent and Jules. But of course a major part of the plot couldn't happen if it didn't happen that way.

Pulp Fiction was the best movie to come out that year (it was robbed at the Academy Awards) by a long shot, but it isn't perfect.

God I hate saying "You missed my point", it sounds so arrogant, but you missed my point. I have no problem with anything that happened in that scene. I accept the leaving the gun out etc. madviking I believe was saying that Vincent was only in Butch's place by co-incidence, not there in his capacity as an assassin. I was just pointing out all the evidence to the contrary.

Although it is possible Vincent pretty much gave up on expecting Butch to show up. He might have been there for a while, and got complacent.

Top Bottom