Underage Drinking

Do/did you drink while underage?

• Total voters
Yep we did it quite a bit in HS even though my hometown was dry.

We had keg parties in the woods or we'd buy some guy a quart across the border in Chicago and he'd buy us cases. My favorite technique for consuming was calling Charlies Pizza who'd deliver a small pizza and a 12 pack.

I don't consume quite as much these days since hangovers get exponentially worse every year after 30. :p

...How do you folks who claim not to drink at all underage celebrate anything without just a smidgen of alcohol?

It's quite simple, really.

Is there no drink at family gatherings?

There is, but I'm really not interested; being with family is fine as is without anything else. Generally I overindulge in desserts while there.

Is there no celebration after exams/graduation?

Sure, and I've been the only sober person in the room before, but that's not something that isn't fun in its own way. Besides, I like to remember stuff. I assume I'm quite the lightweight.

No drink at friend's birthdays?

See above.

I never have and never will.

I drank a little under the age of 21...nowhere near enough to get drunk, however. And I sometimes drink now...but even when I drink higher quantities, I don't think I've ever gotten drunk (except for legal limits, which I'm sure I passed, but I don't drive, so whatever).

There is, but I'm really not interested; being with family is fine as is without anything else. Generally I overindulge in desserts while there.

Sure, and I've been the only sober person in the room before, but that's not something that isn't fun in its own way. Besides, I like to remember stuff. I assume I'm quite the lightweight.

See above.
Summed up my response.

Fair enough... each to their own :) *tips glass*

Coincidently, deserts ftw!

So what about boozy deserts? Crimbo pud? Choc moose with the dribble of brandy keeping the bottom from setting? Tiramisu?

So what about boozy deserts? Crimbo pud? Choc moose with the dribble of brandy keeping the bottom from setting? Tiramisu?

And amaretto cheescake as well, of course.

:yumyum:

I'd hardly consider any of that "underage drinking."

Same goes for beer-battered fried stuff or Jack Daniel's barbeque sauce.

You know, when someone drinks under the age limit, it's illegal. Illegal means it is against the law. Some people do it anyway. Some people don't. Some people think it's a dumb law. Others don't. These people generally don't agree with the people who think it is a dumb law. This causes controversy. Controversy is when people don't agree, like in this case.

Was that in response to me, or in general?

Because TGI Friday's would have lots of 'splainin' to do if they served me Jack Daniel's barbeque sauce and it was considered the same as drinking.

Sometimes you think someone is responding to you, but they aren't. This could be embarrassing, but you can't ignore them either. Because if you ignored them, they might have been talking to you, and that could be embarrassing to the other poster. Either way, it should be a good game.

Im 16 and have been drunk once about a year ago. I dont drink very much at all but will sometimes have a beer with my mates, or wine at dinner. I am really surprised by the answers here though; where i live there is a massive drinking culture and many of my freinds are routinely getting drunk every weekendat about 17 or so, and ave been doing so for nearly 2 years. Guess its because of lax laws here but still that really surprises me.

Im 16 and have been drunk once about a year ago. I dont drink very much at all but will sometimes have a beer with my mates, or wine at dinner. I am really surprised by the answers here though; where i live there is a massive drinking culture and many of my freinds are routinely getting drunk every weekendat about 17 or so, and ave been doing so for nearly 2 years. Guess its because of lax laws here but still that really surprises me.

In the U.S., despite the (stupid) laws against teen drinking, it's very easy to get liquor.

I'm underage and I've done a fair amount of drinking over the past year or so, thanks to college. Alcohol can be nice for a fun time, though I'll echo a couple of other people in this thread and say that I tend to prefer weed. It's a more interesting mental state and the environment is more relaxed than your typical party, plus there aren't any nasty aftereffects. I didn't drink (or smoke weed) before I got to college.

I can wait to 18 to have a drink. Sounds good.

I am really surprised by the answers here though; where i live there is a massive drinking culture and many of my freinds are routinely getting drunk every weekendat about 17 or so, and ave been doing so for nearly 2 years. Guess its because of lax laws here but still that really surprises me.

Well, there's sample bias here too. When I think about the kids I went to high school with, most of the real drinkers weren't the ones I'd expect to be posting on this kind of forum, and the ones I'd expect to see here, I'd be surprised to find at "that kind of party".

I here about people at my school getting wasted frequently, but I have basically no social life so I don't.

Top Bottom