Unique unit elimination thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cossack (Russia) - 8
Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 40 =(39+1) I love this unit I’ve explained why earlier reasons are unchanged.
Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) - 29
Jong (Indonesia) - 25
Legion (Rome - 39
Mamluk (Arabia) - 39
Minas Geraes (Brazil) -13 =(16-3) Time for the naval units to go
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 41
Varu (India) - 28
War-Cart (Sumer) - 41

Cossack (Russia) - 8
Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 40
Jong (Indonesia) - 22 (25-3) Naval units are just not on the same level as land units.
Legion (Rome) - 39
Mamluk (Arabia) - 39
Minas Geraes (Brazil) -13
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 42 (41+1) Deserves to be out in front. Completely dominant unit militarily.
Varu (India) - 28
War-Cart (Sumer) - 41

Cossack (Russia) - 5 = 8 - 3. Is a defensive mid/late game unit when the AI doesn’t pose much of a threat.
Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 40 = 39 + 1. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s the best unit in the game.
Mamluk (Arabia) - 39
Minas Geraes (Brazil) -13
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 42
Varu (India) - 28
War-Cart (Sumer) - 41

Cossack (Russia) - 5
Hetairoi (Macedon/Aleaaaaxander) - 29
Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 40
Mamluk (Arabia) - 39
Minas Geraes (Brazil) -10 = (13-3) - Strong unit but it's gotta go and I hope before Cossacks.
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 43 = (42+1) - I would take 3 of these rather than 3 of anything else on this list. But they are so cheap why stop at 3? I smell the zerg down in Africa!
Varu (India) - 28
War-Cart (Sumer) - 41

Cossack (Russia) - 2 (5 - 3) Arrives late, and has little impact on the game. Does not deserve to be in the top 10 in my opinion.
Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 40
Mamluk (Arabia) - 39
Minas Geraes (Brazil) -10
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 44 (43 + 1) I wanted to give a nod to the War-Cart, but this is the endgame, and my vote must go to the best unit in the game. The Pitati Archer is the single most useful unique unit in the game. Apart from being fast, powerful and upgrading quickly (synergy with civ ability), this unit can also be built quickly, arrives at the right time in the early game, and remains relevant for a long time. This unit will make a great difference every time.
Varu (India) - 28
War-Cart (Sumer) - 41

Alight down to the top ten then

Cossack (Russia) - 2
Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 40
Mamluk (Arabia) - 40 (39+1) Another point to the unit that is very hard to kill.
Minas Geraes (Brazil) -7 (10-3) As explained previously it doesn't make an impact with already OP battleship.
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 44
Varu (India) - 28
War-Cart (Sumer) - 41

Cossack (Russia) - 3 (2 + 1) Great for timing pushes, due to Russia also having a unique Holy Site and additional Faith yields they can also pull off some interesting Faith purchasing strategies with these guys. Probably better in multiplayer than singleplayer.
Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 40
Mamluk (Arabia) - 40
Minas Geraes (Brazil) - 7
Varu (India) - 25 (28 - 3) Removes the entire point of using Horsemen, sure it's strong, but the lack of mobility really hurts it.
War-Cart (Sumer) - 41

Cossack (Russia) - Eliminated (3- 3) Too late and redundant when certain civs are on the map.
Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 40
Mamluk (Arabia) - 40
Minas Geraes (Brazil) - 7
Varu (India) - 25
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42 (41+1) I repeat myself, this unit can take out 2 civs before turn 50, due to their movement.

Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 40 + 1 = 41 Legion chopping another 2 legions with Magnus, double oligarchy and you are dead.
Mamluk (Arabia) - 40
Minas Geraes (Brazil) - 7 - 3 = 4 Mid-to-late game naval unit really doesn't cut it.
Varu (India) - 25
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 41
Mamluk (Arabia) - 40
Minas Geraes (Brazil) - 4
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 45 (44+1) simply the best - cheap and strong early
Varu (India) - 22 (25-3) I upvoted these earlier, but their slow movement compared to horses means it's time for them to go soon.
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 42 (41 + 1) - Strong unit which can pillage stuff and then fix it once it's mine? Gimme ten, please! Oh, and keep the competition exciting while I'm at it :D
Mamluk (Arabia) - 40
Minas Geraes (Brazil) - 1 (4 - 3) - of the remaining ones this is the most obvious downvote. Not that it's a bad ship. But it's a ship, nevertheless, and the other remaining ship is more interesting.
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 45
Varu (India) - 22
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 30 (29+1) --- As previously detailed: 25 science per unit when built in your Basilikoi Paides, starts w/ 1 promotion, moves 4, does not require strategic resources, 46 operational melee strength when accompanied by a great general, +5 great general points for every unit killed (including barbarian scouts), available early in the tech tree with horsemanship. Heavy cav unit that upgrades to knights/tanks.
Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 42
Mamluk (Arabia) - 40
Minas Geraes (Brazil) – ELIMINATED (1-3) --- Allot of people say this comes late. If you beeline combustion, then find yourself in a position where it is to your advantage to beeline composites, you have necessarily skipped Industrialization and Steam Power; Meaning, it actually comes very early. It’s still a naval unit and has to go now.
Varu (India) - 22
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 30
Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 43 (42+1=43) These must be included in any discussion of the very best units in the game.
Mamluk (Arabia) - 40
Varu (India) - 19 (22-3=19) I think I would prefer the ferrying ability of the Jong to these on most map types. All of the units left are quality units but I think these are the least of them.
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 43
Mamluk (Arabia) - 41 (40 + 1 = 41) They
Varu (India) - 19
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

@Synth, your post is incomplete. You haven't upvoted anything, and you didn't finish downvote reason.

Jong (Indonesia) - 22
Legion (Rome) - 44 (43+1=44) Best units in the game.
Mamluk (Arabia) - 40
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 42 (45-3-42) Not as good as the legion or the Eagle Warrior
Varu (India) - 19
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Last edited:
@Forster You are supposed to subtract 3 when downvoting a unit, not 1. (You downvoted the Pitati Archer to 44 instead of 42)
Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 40 +1 = 41 I always loved aztec for war. Eagles are so good.
Jong (Indonesia) - 22 - 3 = 19 I just don't use boats a lot
Legion (Rome) - 44
Mamluk (Arabia) - 40
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 42 fixed value
Varu (India) - 19
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom