Unique unit elimination thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 41
Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 30
Jong (Indonesia) - 19 - 3 = 16 Late in the game, and pricey.
Legion (Rome) - 44
Mamluk (Arabia) - 40
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 42 + 1 = 43 Default archers are already so good, but these are cheaper, faster and stronger...Plus unit maintenance is nothing with Conscription policy.
Varu (India) - 19
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 30
Jong (Indonesia) - 13 (16 - 3) I mostly play on Pangea so not a big fan of unique naval units. Plus the AI is poor at naval combat so I don't really like to exploit that.
Legion (Rome) - 44
Mamluk (Arabia) - 41 (40 + 1) Knight that doesn't require Iron and heals at the end of every turn.
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 43 Default archers are already so good, but these are cheaper, faster and stronger...Plus unit maintenance is nothing with Conscription policy.
Varu (India) - 19
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 31 (30+1 I think it is probably best unit in game, absolute worst its the third best UU)
Jong (Indonesia) - 10 (13-10) Weakest unit left, mostly because its a boat. Its good, but second best boat behind brazil's IMO

Legion (Rome) - 44
Mamluk (Arabia) - 41
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 43
Varu (India) - 19
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) – 31
Jong (Indonesia) - 11 (10+1, I can wreak so much more mayhem with a Jong than with a Varu)
Legion (Rome) - 44
Mamluk (Arabia) - 41
Varu (India) - 16 (19-3, a solid unit, but not an amazing one compared to the rest standing)
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 42 (41+1) It's a close race thus far. The return on investment wins the day.
Jong (Indonesia) - 8 (11-3) Boats are situational. Let's not overstay our welcome...
Legion (Rome) - 44
Mamluk (Arabia) - 41
Varu (India) - 16
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Last edited:
Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 42
Jong (Indonesia) - 8
Legion (Rome) - 41 (44-3) It's a good unit, but it's still a melee unit, which are a bit weak in Civ 6. Archers and Cav are the stronger unit types.
Mamluk (Arabia) - 42 (41+1) A Knight, but even better. Once you get on a roll with these...
Varu (India) - 16
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 43 (42+1) I love this unit it is so game changing
Jong (Indonesia) - 5 (8-3) It is a good unit, but land units are always superior to naval units in Civ 6 at its current form
Legion (Rome) - 41
Mamluk (Arabia) - 42
Varu (India) - 16
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 44 (43+1) You just can't compete with the value of free builders. With one or two early wars you can build up a large enough economic benefit to compete on any victory condition you want.
Jong (Indonesia) - 5
Legion (Rome) - 41
Mamluk (Arabia) - 42
Varu (India) - 13 + (16-3) I've been hating on the ships a lot lately, I'll give the Jong a pass this time. Of the remaining land units this one is definitely the least valuable.
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 44
Jong (Indonesia) - 5
Legion (Rome) - 42 = 41 + 1. The top 5 is going to be interesting. I think the Legion is the best of them.
Mamluk (Arabia) - 42
Varu (India) - 10 = 13 - 3. Good unit but it's slow movement hurts
War-Cart (Sumer) - 42

Jong (Indonesia) - 5
Legion (Rome) - 42
Mamluk (Arabia) - 42
Varu (India) - 7 (10-3) Decent, but poor movement and high production cost make this easily the worst unit left. I think the Jong is much better.
War-Cart (Sumer) - 43 (42+1) Definitely a top 3 unit. They are essentially the only reason Sumeria is banned in multiplayer games. A 30 strength unit with 4 movement on flat terrain from the start of the game is too strong.

Jong (Indonesia) - 2 (5-3) - It's a boat. A good boat. But a boat.
Legion (Rome) - 42
Mamluk (Arabia) - 42
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 44 (43+1) - Super Archer to double attack Xbow then to double attack Field Cannon. This unit takes you all the way to industrial without any downtime.
Varu (India) - 7
War-Cart (Sumer) - 43

Jong (Indonesia) - 2 - 3 = ELIMINATED Final naval unit eliminated
Legion (Rome) - 42
Mamluk (Arabia) - 42
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 44
Varu (India) - 7
War-Cart (Sumer) - 43 + 1 = 44 Bringing this up would help bring attention to Firaxis, who should nerf this

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 44 + 1 = 45 (Overall best unit IMO - game changing ability that's very fun and massive boost to combat strength when it counts most)
Legion (Rome) - 42 - 3 = 39 (Great unit but at this point I just prefer the others - it's about equally good as the varu and mamluk)
Mamluk (Arabia) - 42
Varu (India) - 7
War-Cart (Sumer) - 44

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 45
Legion (Rome) - 39
Mamluk (Arabia) - 42
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 45 (44 + 1) The best unique unit in the game, perfect synergy with Nubia's abilities, gives you an early advantage, which will last you through the eras. The Ranged line is excellent through at least the first 5 eras of the game. Having a sizable and active army of Pitati Archers early in the game means you will probably have numerous ranged units with double strike in the coming eras, ensuring military dominance past the point where the outcome of the game has usually been decided. This is in part because of the synergy with Nubia's UA, which makes Pitati Archers less expensive and makes them gain more experience, but also because Pitati Archers can get to the action more quickly, and because their usefulness will compel you to build them in greater numbers.
Varu (India) - 4 (7 - 3) Good unit, but the weakest of the ones that remain. High production cost and low mobility hurts it.
War-Cart (Sumer) - 44

EDIT: Just a quick note on the general argument that naval units are worth less than land units...this is partially true, but consider that playing as Indonesia, you are likely to have much more use for naval units than most other civs, as you are more likely to settle coasts and islands, and more likely to be playing on a water map in the first place. As such, the Jong deserves its high position in the list. Boats are situational, but being Indonesia makes it far more likely that the situation will require boats.

For the same reason, the Viking Longship should have probably placed a bit higher than it did, in my opinion.

Also, it is interesting to note that as we get to the top spots, the earlier era units are dominant. None of the remaining units appear later than the Medieval Era, and I would not be surprised to see the that out of the top 3, 2 or maybe all 3 will be Ancient Era units. Arriving earlier gives a higher impact, as it helps you snowball. It also means that there is less unit variety on the map at the time, making the strong UUs harder to counter, and meaning that there are fewer production options competing for focus.

Last edited:
Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 42 (45-3) Even with the additional combat strength from luxuries, Pitatis eat these for breakfast.
Legion (Rome) - 39
Mamluk (Arabia) - 42
Varu (India) - 7
War-Cart (Sumer) - 45 (44+1) One of the rare units Pitatis need to watch out for.

Eagle Warrior (Aztec) - 42 (45-3)
Legion (Rome) - 39
Mamluk (Arabia) - 42
Pítati Archer (Nubia) - 45 KayAU modification
Varu (India) - 1(4-3) it’s the 3 gold maintenance that get me with these. (Kayau modification)
War Cart (Sumerian) - 46 (45+1) and the 0 gold maintenance of these

Last edited:
My votes were lost, please adjust the scores. The Varu should now be at 1, the Pitati Archer at 45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom