1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique unit elimination thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Kimiimaro, Apr 24, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KayAU

KayAU King

Pitati Archer (Nubia): 9 (8 + 1) The best unit in the game, for numerous reasons stated before. 2 or 3 Pitatis to take out one War-Cart? No way. Check the calculations done a few posts back, it shows the Pitati comes really close 1 on 1, and that is based on a direct slug-fest. In a real combat situation, where terrain and range comes into play, the Pitati's are superior. They also upgrade faster (which also means they heal more often), and I typically end up having numerous Ranged units with double strike, which stay highly relevant and useful up through at least all of the first 5 Eras.
    War Cart (Sumeria): 18 (21 - 18) Great, but nearly as great as some people think. Also, I don't think things like "more donkeys" or "doesn't require DLC" are relevant reasons to say War-Carts are stronger/more useful than Pitatis, which is what this thread is about (check the rules in the first post).

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I don't agree with the argument that the tech requirements for the Pitati are a big deal. The tech comes along really early, and you can easily build up a force of cheap slingers in the mean time, ready to upgrade to awesome Pitati Archers.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. gozpel

gozpel Couch-potato (fortified)

Pitati Archer (Nubia): 10 (9+1) After Pitati Arches take a city, they can defend it very strongly, even if their archers are hurt,they upgrade so quickly nothing can stop them.
    War Cart (Sumeria): 15 (18-3) Sumeria will take a LOT of cities, but can you hold them, that is the BIG question, They are worse than Nubia already defensively

3. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

Pitati Archer (Nubia): 7 (10 - 3) I think the Warcart is better for an early rush
    War Cart (Sumeria): 16 (15 + 1) Great at early rush, you get them from the get go.

4. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

Pitati Archer (Nubia): 8 = (7+1) Ranged units are stronger in general this one even more so
    War Cart (Sumeria): 13 = (16-3) Not as strong as the archer. Neither beats the Eagle Warrior ;)

5. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Pitati Archer (Nubia): 9 (8 + 1) Only UU in the game that has a boost that sticks with upgrades (through the extra experience)
    War Cart (Sumeria): 10 (13 - 3) One trick-donkey. Nobody spawned right next to you? Too bad, by the time you've built enough of them and sent them on their way, they're practically obsolete.

Getting ridiculously close? Specially considering how far ahead the Pitati Archer was in the early rounds of the elimination.

6. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

Pitati Archer (Nubia): 9 - 3 = 6. Requires technology and cannot take over cities.
    War Cart (Sumeria): 10 + 1 = 11. Doesn't require technology to build and support to take over cities. An incredibly well-rounded unit with no weaknesses. No need to worry about defense when your enemies have been eliminated.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  7. Rosty K

Rosty K King

Pitati Archer (Nubia): 3 (6 -3) - Doesn't work alone
    War Cart (Sumeria): 12 (11 + 1) - Works alone, becomes a tank in the end and all that.

One more to go :D

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  8. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Pitati Archer (Nubia): 4 (3+1) - Yay!
    War Cart (Sumeria): 9 (12-3) - Meh

9. dredzoolo

dredzoolo Chieftain

Pitati Archer (Nubia): 5 (4+1) - Much prefer ranged units and archers are around longer than the war carts.
    War Cart (Sumeria): 6 (9-3) - opposite reasons that why I voted for the archers

10. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Pitati Archer (Nubia): 6 (5+1) Yay!
    War Cart (Sumeria): 3 (6-3) - Meh

Quick, finish it!

KayAU likes this.
  11. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Pitati Archer (Nubia): 7 (6+1) - BAAH! Add terrain defensive bonus, and the ability to move into it AND attack, then concentrate fire, and the warcarts get hosed. Besides, who cares if which of the units would take the other in a brawl? The relative question is, would they take an aggregation of other units in the early game. Again, ability to spot your opponent, then move to dish out the 1st strike from woods or hills, then fire again the as infantry closes is tactically devastating. You can then take a hit, retreat, the send another 3 move Pitati up to the woods or hills to close the deal on the infantrymen (provided it hasn't impaled itself on the last futile attack). As good in the open in numbers.
    War Cart (Sumeria): ELIMINATED --- HUMBUG, rabble compared to what's left here.

*The Hetairoi was the best unit.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    KayAU likes this.
  12. Rosty K

Rosty K King

Ouch, that was one swift Barbarian invasion Archer rush :D

KayAU and Kimiimaro like this.
  13. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Congratulations to Nubian Pítati Archer! Thank you all for joining the game :) Admins, you can now close this thread.

Here are the rankings:
    1. Pítati Archer (Nubia) :trophy:
    2. War-Cart (Sumer) :trophy2nd:
    3. Hetairoi (Macedon/Alexander) :trophy3rd:
    4. Eagle Warrior (Aztec) :trophy2:
    5. Mamluk (Arabia) :trophy2:
    6. Legion (Rome)
    7. Varu (India)
    8. Jong (Indonesia)
    9. Minas Geraes (Brazil)
    10. Cossack (Russia)
    11. Malón Raider (Mapuche)
    12. De Zeven Provinciën (Netherlands)
    13. Redcoat (England/Victoria)
    14. Conquistador (Spain)
    15. Winged Hussar (Poland)
    16. Viking Longship (Norway/Harald Hardrada)
    17. Ngao Mbeba (Kongo)
    18. Impi (Zulu)
    19. Hypaspist (Macedon)
    20. Domrey (Khmer)
    21. Keshig (Mongolia)
    22. Hwacha (Korea)
    23. Hoplite (Greece)
    24. Garde Imperiale (France)
    25. Samurai (Japan)*
    26. Immortal (Persia)**
    27. Digger (Australia)
    28. Rough Rider (America/Teddy Roosevelt)
    29. Sea Dog (England)
    30. Saka Horse Archer (Scythia)
    31. Okihtcitaw (Cree)
    32. Berserker (Norway)***
    33. Maryannu Chariot Archer (Egypt)
    34. Crouching Tiger (China)
    35. Highlander (Scotland)
    36. Khevsur (Georgia)****
    37. U-Boat (Germany)
    38. P-51 Mustang (America)

*Japanese Samurai's production cost was lowered from 180 to 160 and strength increased from 45 to 48 in the Spring Patch.
    **Persian Immortal can perform both ranged and melee attack again since the Spring Patch.
    ***Norwegian Berserker's production cost was lowered from 180 to 160, attacking strength increased from +7 to +10 and defence penalty was reduced from -7 to -5 in the Spring Patch.
    ****Georgian Khevsur's production cost was lowered from 180 to 160 and strength increased from 40 to 45 in the Spring Patch.

14. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Since this game is over, this thread is now locked. Anyone (other than Kimiimaro, since he started this thread) is eligible to suggest a new elimination game for the General Discussions forum (Note: GD games must focus on existing game features and elements) -- just PM me or another Civ VI mod for approval before opening the thread.

I would encourage everyone to exercise your creative muscles to bring variety to these games -- not every game needs to focus on civs and their uniques. City-states and their bonuses, luxuries, wonders, pantheons, map types, governors, great people, districts, policy cards, unit promotions, and other mechanics and elements can also make for interesting elimination games.

I would also note that, in addition to one game in GD, there can also be one concurrent game in Ideas & Suggestions. If anyone (including Kimiimaro, since the not-the-same-thread-starter restriction only applies to the just-completed thread in each forum) wants to start an I&S elimination game (focusing on features and elements that are not currently in the game (i.e., suggestions for inclusion)), again, just PM me or another Civ VI mod for approval.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.