Unit Request Thread 3

It looks so expensive, no wonder the Germans gave it a Greek name. ;) Seriously, this thing is just a sunday's practice for dive bombers. If it was real. ;)

Looking for the French Aircraft Charles de Gaulle. I lost it... and I know is made in 2004(?)

Looking for the French Aircraft Charles de Gaulle. I lost it... and I know is made in 2004(?)

Here is the link to Wyrmshadows modern ships downloads at the SOC site (containing even the aircraftcarrier Charles de Gaulle): http://www.stormoverciv.net/forums/showthread.php?t=501 The units were done a longer time ago.

If you have the CCM mainfile, that carrier is also contained under the name: European Nuclear Carrier.

It looks so expensive, no wonder the Germans gave it a Greek name. ;) Seriously, this thing is just a sunday's practice for dive bombers. If it was real. ;)

That looks to be scaled up from the German WW2 Sturmmorser, which was a 38cm spin-stabilized rocket projector in a fixed mount on a Tiger E chassis. It was intended for use as a very heavy assault weapon for urban warfare.

I have attached a picture of it from the US Army Ordnance Corps Catalogue of Enemy Ordnance Material. The image is an official US Army photo and as such is public domain.

Attachments

• Sturmmorser.png
    Sturmmorser.png
    306.8 KB · Views: 146
That looks to be scaled up from the German WW2 Sturmmorser, which was a 38cm spin-stabilized rocket projector in a fixed mount on a Tiger E chassis. It was intended for use as a very heavy assault weapon for urban warfare.

I have attached a picture of it from the US Army Ordnance Corps Catalogue of Enemy Ordnance Material. The image is an official US Army photo and as such is public domain.

The Sturmtiger exists since a longer time as a Civ 3 unit, created by Wyrmshadow:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5646

How would I go about resizing things? because if it could be resized-ish, I'd accept that.

I do like bigger and bigger tanks, lol.

can this be deleted? my pc screwed up and had me double post...

Hmm maybe I should have posted here right away, rather than in the main Civ3 Forum? :blush:

Anyway I'm trying to get back some units I used to have for modding, but unfortunately they seem to have been casualties of the hack attack or are no longer available here for other reasons. Particularly I am searching for these two units:

- "Vampire" by embyrodead (it says uploaded by Bluemofia)
- "Asha'man" by CamJH

Are there any copies of these units still out there someplace? Were they used in a mod perhaps? If you have a copy of either of these units still stored somewhere would you mind sending me a copy as well?

Thanx for your help.
sawi_13

Try the stormoverciv forums.

If you're extremely desperate and hopeless, enter Apolyton, but beware of the dangers lurking there.

Try the stormoverciv forums.

If you're extremely desperate and hopeless, enter Apolyton, but beware of the dangers lurking there.

... Dangers? :eek: ... Well, I suppose just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you ...

;) ,

Oz

Is there an easy way to resize units? I'd love to see a Jumbo Sturmtiger.

You know, I did notice that as I was having a pm exchange with alexman. It seemed to get straightened out fairly quickly. Yet, on the one hand, I've always been opposed to criminal death penalties, but I just might be beginning to change my mind about hackers.

:ar15: ,

;)z

The death penalty is too straightforward. Life on an island in the Pacific or Atlantic with no internet access would seem more appropriate. Pitcairn Island with the Bounty Mutiny descendants or Easter Island or Tristan de Cunha in the Atlantic would be good possibilities, or perhaps some of the outlying islands of the Falklands group.

Oh no, I have a better one: condemn hackers to a life of having to use a 64k modem.

[YOUTUBE=400]iHW1ho8L7V8[/YOUTUBE]

The death penalty is too straightforward. Life on an island in the Pacific or Atlantic with no internet access would seem more appropriate. Pitcairn Island with the Bounty Mutiny descendants or Easter Island or Tristan de Cunha in the Atlantic would be good possibilities, or perhaps some of the outlying islands of the Falklands group.

:thumbsup:

Oh no, I have a better one: condemn hackers to a life of having to use a 64k modem.

[YOUTUBE=400]iHW1ho8L7V8[/YOUTUBE]

:think: I like timerover51's idea, and yours, but fear that yours might be considered, "cruel and unusual punishment" under the (U.S.) Constitution, and thereby unenforceable.

:dunno: ,

:Dz

Top Bottom