Unit Request Thread 3

How about this puppy from the Boer War? :smoke: The Fowler Armoured Road Train, British Army, Second Anglo-Boer War, 1900.

Armoured Trains are in principle a nice idea. Of course a complete train is impossible

but some symbolic cars would be nice, especially for ww2

here some examples:

German
Spoiler :

soviet
Spoiler :

Takhisis, thank you very much. A good looking steam roller would be the first step of the needed superworkers for big maps. In post 471, 475 ff of the following link there is the discussion, why such an unit is needed:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=480463&page=24
Unit stats don't matter, what matters is actually turning that into a renderable model.

Be sure to check out Wyrmshadow's Churchill Crocodile flame-tank.

Armoured Trains are in principle a nice idea. Of course a complete train is impossible

but some symbolic cars would be nice, especially for ww2

here some examples:

German
Spoiler :

soviet
Spoiler :

I never understood the utility in armored trains with tank turrets on them. You can only use them where there are railroad tracks. There just aren't many places on the battlefield where there are railroad tracks. :confused:

I never understood the utility in armored trains with tank turrets on them. You can only use them where there are railroad tracks. There just aren't many places on the battlefield where there are railroad tracks. :confused:

Defense only. Not very useful on the attack, obviously. Especially useful if being invaded, I'd imagine.

protected firepower helps protecting the train , which was especially essential for the time frame for logistics . That apart Russians do have a rich tradition of using the trains effectively . Considering the railroads connect important locations the war "has to come" for a conclusion . So in their Civil War , the trains would arrive a location and keep it by concentrated firepower while their enemies would have to drag lesser artillery by horse teams and such .

in principle you can count that trains as mobile "bunkers"

another advantage is that there were not just the tank turrets, you can organise a train as you need it, for example with AA or AT guns, and to protect your supply routes they are not that bad.

and almost every big city has railroads so its not such a big problem to move them

i would to have a sassanian/parthian or a khwarezm horsejavelineer... i immagine it would "very hard" to create since there already those unit lines...

I surely can only find a soldier in Gary Childress collection that have something similar to a SLR to fire with.

However he doesn´t have this helmet.

This bloke is from 1960s, and actually I think it´s a Royal Marine doing combat in Brunei.

The important thing is the helmet and the SLR, both pretty unique IMHO

Well everyone knows that Commonwealth troops used this Self Loading Rifle from late 50s until 80s, when the bullpop SA80 replaced it.

And of course I would be happy if someone picked up this challenge and gave us a a model looking like this.

Thanks

Attachments

• British 60s.jpg
    British 60s.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 103
  • British_SLR.jpg
    British_SLR.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 95
Wyrmshadow made a Marder. Not sure which model it was, but it looks like that Marder III

The Jagdpanzer IV is the one that was never made...
A model of the Hetzer was made however.

Yeah, wirbelwind is good and I use both versions, one made by ripptide and second by gwendoline, (gwendoline version I use as Ostwind) but I would like to see Ostwind in colora like those in image.

Wyrmshadow made a Marder. Not sure which model it was, but it looks like that Marder III

The Jagdpanzer IV is the one that was never made...
A model of the Hetzer was made however.

Wyrm made Marder II. But Marder III its not that important because all marders are similar. Atleast I would like to see Jagdpanzer because it was made 2000 of them and it was important tank destroyer for German army.

Hey there! Here are a few units I would like to place up on the request queue if anyone is up for the task:

PzH 2000

Alaska-class Battlecruiser (I know it exists already, but it is an old file if anyone is willing to re-do it)

Design 1047 Battlecruiser

M1128 Mobile Gun System

Thank you!!

Top Bottom