Unit requests thread

hey volks

what do you think about the fire ships of carthago. that were strong sea-units with firebombs and fireguns(?) (feuerwerfer: don't know the english word)

Here is a bizarre request. How about some classic side scrolling game units:
Mario
Luigi
etc.

"we do need more ground unit as helicopters and planes are taking over but as for the Suicide Bomber this is one thing that shouldn't be put in a game in light of whats going on around the world just stick to the spy unit planting bombs theres a mod for it some where"

I think a suicide bomber should be included. They are used in the modern world and nobody would have a problem with somebody making a kamikaze plane

Hello all, first I want to make a statement to all of you Modders who are willing to help us with the game and spend time on developing it!

My request comes forth of the idea of real-world strategy. untill WWII, and probably even after, but at least untill that big war rivers where key elements in the landscape for strategist to develop a war plan. In Civ however it is no problem, a phalanx unit or swordsman with a 80kilogram suit can easily cross the mississipi. Mountains are already a strategic benefit as they should be, no panzer comes over the himalaya, at least not 2000 of them at once, but over the rivers they cros very easily, with bridge, without..doesn't seem to matter. I guess you all know where im going to? workers building bridges as normal roads is as absurd as backeries building V2 rockets, sure they are able to, but they normally need special equip for that! I therefor would like to see someone working on changing the river-specifications in civ, not allowed to walk over them, a worker cannot just build a road there..instead there must be a unit(somehow not cheap!!) able specifically making bridges over rivers, after that it is able for a worker to use this bridge to make a roadconnection..with plans it now should be able to bomb this bridge, and therefor leading in a war to strategic advancedment..if a powerfull enemie marches up to my empire(or other way if im that strong one) and the bridges are all taken out by artillery or planes, they(I) cannot cross the rivers, and all movements must be carried out differently or I must build those expensive units to rebuild bridges..it would be a nice tactical enhancement to the game...the bridge building unit should be upgraded like the worker-laborer-engineer etc..I was thinking of a special armored unit as final unit since modern armies use such bridge building armor these days..in older times it would be easy to make some special bridge-building-chariot or something similar..im not sure even if this can be done.but since in xml and python everything shoudl be possible(as I was told) im asking for someone to make such thing in the game..im happily to participate on the idea, graphics etc..however, i have no idea how this XML or Python thing works..so Im gonna need help of someone who does know this language.

thanks

Unit: Guerilla

Reference Images:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/v.zaitzev/vzaitzev_fichiers/skins/guerilla.jpg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1835000/images/_1838169_bbc150guerilla.jpg
http://www.narics.net/cscz/image/models/web/guerilla.jpg

I am looking for a talented skinner who can create a guerilla skin (naked to the waist and wearing a bandana) for a modern conflict mod I am currently creating. .. I would think it'd be logical to make it off of the marine model because he carries what ressembles an ak-47. I'm sure many mods will benefit from a guerilla skin (including mine).

Thank, Chris

All of your collective works have been absolutely amazing to date. However, I have a request: please don't neglect the futuristic models. To date, we have a fantastic animated future tank model and a future APC, but we are still in need of generic futuristic infantry, air, sea, and artillery models.

Thanks in advance!

i'd really like to see this tank done it is the T-84MBT for the Ukrane,
but i'd use it for Mongols since there is no Ukrane in the game.
maybe snafusmith might be up to the challenge?

i'd like to see this baby in the light cream, brown & green color scheme
(like the middle pic is done in)
Thanks guys.

Attachments

• T-84MBT_line.gif
    T-84MBT_line.gif
    105.1 KB · Views: 278
  • T-84MBT_l.jpg
    T-84MBT_l.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 247
  • T-84MBT_2.jpg
    T-84MBT_2.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 291
  • T-84MBT_4.jpg
    T-84MBT_4.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 269
  • MBT-84.jpg
    MBT-84.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 235
Klyde182 said:
i'd really like to see this tank done it is the T-84MBT for the Ukrane,
but i'd use it for Mongols since there is no Ukrane in the game.
maybe snafusmith might be up to the challenge?

i'd like to see this baby in the light cream, brown & green color scheme
(like the middle pic is done in)
Thanks guys.

I can tack this on onto my list of to-dos. If I recall correctly, the T80+ series is basically just a refit of older T72s (new electronics, gun, turret, etc), meaning it shouldn't be hard for me to modify my T72 to make your T84. Look for it in a week or so.

Thank you snafusmith for doin' this for me....
and your right the T-84, it is based off the T-80UD chassis but highly modified mostly the engine compartment and the front hull slightly differs from the T-80UD model. A whole new turret, engine, main gun 125mm KBA3 smoothbore, newer auto-reactive armour and sub-systems.
i really look forward to this baby thanks again!!!!

snafusmith Question for ya... do you have a T-55 model?
if so...do you think you could make the BTR-T?
the BTR-T is base on the T-55 Chassis carrying 6 troops with 2 crew.
low profile turret with a mixture of weapon systems. i'd like to see the 30mm w/ ATM's and a second one with the #3 turret-twin 23mm AA mounts & SA-7's
if you could that would be great!
i'd use it as a MIFV & SPAAG for the Mongols.

Attachments

• BRT-T.jpg
    BRT-T.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 235
  • BRT-T_1.jpg
    BRT-T_1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 234
  • BTR-T.jpg
    BTR-T.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 249
  • BTR-T_2.JPG
    BTR-T_2.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 234
The T-64, introduced in the late 1960s, was the first of a sophisticated new family of Soviet main battle tanks developed as successors to the T-54/55/62 family.

In the early 1950s the tank designers began searching for new ideas, as the Soviet Army needed a radically new tank. As had been so often the case, when radical tank design changes were required, the Tank Design Bureau of Kharkiv led the way by introducing an unconventional if not revolutionary approach to tank design. The new tank design concepts were embodied in the T-64 tank, which was designed in Kharkiv in the early 1960s under the leadership of Aleksandr A. Morozov and became the first vehicle of the new generation of Soviet-designed tanks. The T-64 was the first in the world to feature an automatic loader enabling the crew to be cut from four to three - commander, gunner and driver. Other advanced features included a sophisticated multi-layer protection, NBC protection system, new layout of the power pack compartment, etc.

The T-64 entered production in 1966, was fielded in 1967, and was first seen in public in 1970. Numerous variants were produced during a very long production run. The T-64 tank was later on considered to have formed a landmark in the history of tank development in the Soviet Union, as every tank of the Soviet T-series entering service ever since (including T-72 and its modifications, T-80, T-80U, T-80UD, Ukrainian T-84, etc) was based on the design concepts initially introduced in the T-64 tank design, so all the above-enumerated tanks can be called 'direct descendants' of the T-64, its 'children' and 'grandchildren'.

While the T-64 is closely related to the T-72, the T-64 was produced solely for the Soviet Army and the slightly less capable T-72 was exported world-wide. Unlike the T-72, the T-64 has an infra-red searchlight on the left side of the 125mm gun, a different power pack, narrower track, a different suspension, and a slightly different turret.

hi snafusmith

Since civ3 im looking for a ww2 GLIMPER.
Im not pretend make a public mod, but could be useful for some modmakers too. Can you please join to your units list. Tanks

Is it possible to transfer some of the civ3 units and its user made units into civ4? I really would like to see the paratrooper unit

Portus said:
hi snafusmith

Since civ3 im looking for a ww2 GLIMPER.
Im not pretend make a public mod, but could be useful for some modmakers too. Can you please join to your units list. Tanks

I have no idea what a Glimper is. Can you elaborate? Even better yet you could PM me some links to pictures, and I'll see what I can do.

tanks snafusmith

I can be wrong with the correct word, i ill look for some pictures.
that are planes with no engine used for transport troops and lightwight weapons generaly at night to the back of enemi lines. they are no return planes. They need a powered plane to put them in the air:)

edit:
I think "Assault glider" is the correct words

You can have a look here http://www.military.cz/british/air/war/default_en.htm, in transport planes

Top Bottom