Unoffical Civ VI poll. Vote for your 3 civs you would most like to see. Part I : Western Europe

[Please read the description before voting] Which 3 civlizations would you like to see in game ?

• Al-Andalus

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Austria

Votes: 40 27.0%
  • Belgium

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • the Celts

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • One celtic tribe in particular

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Denmark

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Finland

• the Franks

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • the Goths

Votes: 29 19.6%
  • Ireland

• Italy

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • One italian CS

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • Malta

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • the Papal States

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Portugal

Votes: 78 52.7%
  • Sweden

Votes: 49 33.1%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Wales

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Voted for:
Portugal (no-brainer)
Sweden (no-brainer)
One celtic tribe in particular (Gauls because Scotland is not Celts, far from... and Gauls is distinct enough from Scotland, it would even be a civ on the European mainland and have more similarities with France.

One Italian city-state in particular (Venice or Florence) and Austria are also two civs i would like to see. Denmark and Ireland at some point too. (civ 7) I don't want Switzerland. I would be disappointed if they wasted a European spot to that.

So Portugal is the most popular Civ in this poll (big surprise! :p). Followed by Sweden and Italy, then Austria and the Goths.

Saw some people post about some pacific island cultures, which got me thinking how a special game mode with just Oceania cultures would be cool. Could have Hawaiians, Maori, Tongans, Samoans, Fijians, etc. I’m not vers d enough in these cultures to know the proper historical leaders who should be used, but think it would make for a fun archipelago gameplay.

Saw some people post about some pacific island cultures, which got me thinking how a special game mode with just Oceania cultures would be cool. Could have Hawaiians, Maori, Tongans, Samoans, Fijians, etc. I’m not vers d enough in these cultures to know the proper historical leaders who should be used, but think it would make for a fun archipelago gameplay.
The leaders I would use are
Kamehameha
Hono Heke
Aho’eitu
Salamasina
Cakobau

Not sure if it is appropriate to discuss it in this forum as this has to do with Western Europe but I am curious if we will get a poll based around Oceania/Pacific Ocean.

I vote for :
One italian CS : I loved the gameplay of Venice in Civ V and I want a civ I can play like that. The challenge to deal with only one city in a game like Civ VI will really be exciting. But it's not necessary that it should be a so commerced-focused civ. An italian CS based on culture would be neat too.

Sweden. This second vote was difficult because I hesitate between a lot. I like the diplomatic and cultural side of Austria, but we have Germany ; I like the silliness of Belgium (a country that defy all common sense and shouldn't, let's admit it, exist), the chocolate country, but to close to Netherlands ; I like Portugal, but we have already a lot of seafaring civ (Spain, England, Netherlands, Indonesia...) ; the Papal State, but I'd prefer an cultured or trade focused Italian civ than the religious one (we already have enough religious civ) ; Ireland (lot of monasteries and ceili) but to crowned with England and Scotland. So, between them, I choose Sweden, because it's neat to have a scandinavian civ that's not a viking one, and Scandinavia is a little empty on the maps.

And, last but most important : Switzerland. As Venice was a totally new gameplay in civ V, Switzerland could be a totally new gameplay in civ VI. Unable tu declare war (but you can defend yourself), emergencies more profitable (history of swiss league against common foe), and the hability to take over more easily foreign cities only with loyalty, even the Capital. Plus, bonuses for gold and a really good defense, and maybe bonuses with mountains/hills, and it would be my all-time favourite civ.

Top Bottom