Unoffical Civ VI poll. Vote for your 3 civs you would most like to see. Part XI : Modern Nations

[Please read the description before voting] Which 3 civlizations would you like to see in game ?

• Argentina

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • Bahrein

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • the Boers

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Canada

Votes: 39 41.1%
  • Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cuba

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • Gran Colombia

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Haiti

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • Mexico

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nigeria

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Paraguay

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Peru

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • South Africa

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Uruguay

• Venezuela

• None - USA, Brazil and Australia shoud not be here in the first place !

• Other

• Total voters
Good ideas. Also if there's some Ideologies feature in the expansion,he could get bonus attack against units from a different ideology.

According to leaks we will be getting Colombia with Bolivar! Could ve fun.

Any ideas for possible uniques?

Llanero lools like a good choice for the unique unit. No idea what for infrastructure.

Bolivar's ability will probably use some new expansion mechanic.

For Colombia UA? They have big trade from coffee etc so maybe something trade-related?
What a disappointment. :(

But Paraguay, the nation with the borders and name we know now, was founded by Spanish Jesuit missionaries ministering to the Guarani people who took advantage of their geographically isolated position to quietly declare their own independent country during the bigger fuss and wars being conducted at the time by O'Higgins, San Juan, Bolivar, and Santander. It's not purely a simple continuation of Guarani tribal customs of governance and society.

The Spanish maybe founded the Assuncion city but was the Jesuits who united all Guarani people in cities they called Reducción (who means reduction, because the idea is to have more Guarani in less space...). And Spanish and Portugal don't have any control of this area, and this fact leads to the Guarani war 1753 - 1756.

When have the Latin American wars of independence Paraguay refuse to accept the Buenos Aires rules and proclaim himself independent and actual borders was drawing after two wars, the first around 1864-1870 against Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay and the second against Bolivia 1932-1935.

This game always give Germany stuffs that happens before Germany even born, for example, civ 6 the leader of Germany lived ~700 years before exist a Germany state. In Civ 5 they have the Teutonic Furor also something that happens hundreds of years before Germany was founded. For this reason, I believe, if Paraguay is able to join this game, it is totally fair to have Guarani units and leader bonus. Because Paraguay is the continuation of Guarani people as Germany is the continuation of the Holy Roman Empire.

Ps. Paraguay name is also a Guarani name, "Gua" is the abbreviation of Guazu that means big and the letter "y" means river. "Guay" is also at the end of the name of Uruguay. "Para" give the idea of this river goes to the sea.

Pps. Is really racist think the Guarani as tribal people, they develop they self as all other nations in the world, and all people in Paraguay speak the Guarani language and have at least one guarani ancestral. (after the war against Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay start to come many migrants, and after ~1870 Paraguay become a mixed nation and not a full blood indigenous).

Last edited:
Boers, Mexico, and, I'm gonna throw in a wildcard city state, Singapore.

So, the Boers have a unique culture that can be about defending their vast farmlands and guerilla warfare.

Mexico has a long history and some fascinating culture to draw from. In a game about Empires, they actually were one as well, and would complete the North American trifecta. Additionally, Aztecs are not a replacement for this country.

So, comes to my bombshell Singapore. With GS, we are getting a lot more map interaction. Singapore is a city built on trade/commerce, one of the most important commercial centers in South-East Asia, and also has had to spend a LOT of effort on essentially expanding an island. Singapore could have some really cool game-changing mechanics in the engineering projects arena and be a different take on a Venice-like civ.

So, the Boers have a unique culture that can be about defending their vast farmlands and guerilla warfare.

After this game have already 5 WASP civilizations (England, Scotland, USA, Canada, and Australia). I don't see as something good to put the most racist society of Africa in this game now.... maybe when this game becomes a little bit less Eurocentric and have at least 8 black civilizations, at this moment will be a good idea put the Boers.

Mexico has a long history and some fascinating culture to draw from. In a game about Empires, they actually were one as well and would complete the North American trifecta. Additionally, Aztecs are not a replacement for this country.

The Aztecs don't call they self Aztecs, they call they self Mixtecs... So, the Mexican peoples are already represented in this game with the Aztecs. Of course, the Mexico State is not the same of the Aztecs because they control Mayan territories, but these territories have a strong emancipation movement, for example, the Zapatist movement in Chiapas lead by Mayan population.

Mexico has a long history and some fascinating culture to draw from. In a game about Empires, they actually were one as well, and would complete the North American trifecta. Additionally, Aztecs are not a replacement for this country.

So, comes to my bombshell Singapore. With GS, we are getting a lot more map interaction. Singapore is a city built on trade/commerce, one of the most important commercial centers in South-East Asia, and also has had to spend a LOT of effort on essentially expanding an island. Singapore could have some really cool game-changing mechanics in the engineering projects arena and be a different take on a Venice-like civ.
The Boers might not be too popular. And I'm not just referring to some marginal market Firaxis may have in Southern African. A lot of African Americans and U.S. Civil Rights groups view the Boers as essentially "African Confederates" and view their flags and symbols (along with the Rhodesian ones) as symbols of White Supremacy along with Confederate flags and symbols, especially since the Charleston Church shooter was wearing all three former nations' flags (in mini-sporting event size) on him at the time. It's not that I personally oppose, or have much vested interest in the Boers - it's just that that is an issues Firaxis would have to deal with in marketing.

AI Venice didn't thrive in my games. I doubt an AI Singapore would. The only possible leader for them is Lee Kuan Yew and he died not too long ago. I don't think his family will take too kindly to his portrayal in the game. Unless, you want a White British dude like Raffles....

I love Singapore and have relatives there, but I rather they not become a Civ in favor of others (like the Maya).

The Aztecs don't call they self Aztecs, they call they self Mixtecs... So, the Mexican peoples are already represented in this game with the Aztecs. Of course, the Mexico State is not the same of the Aztecs because they control Mayan territories, but these territories have a strong emancipation movement, for example, the Zapatist movement in Chiapas lead by Mayan population.

Aztecs called themselves Mexica, not Mixtecs. Mixtecs are an entirely different people. ;)

Aztecs called themselves Mexica, not Mixtecs. Mixtecs are an entirely different people. ;)

That was missing when I try to translate to English... As you can see, isn't my native language. But the last time you talk about bronze age civilizations I learn so much, so I want to read what you think about the difference between Mixtecs and Mexicas, because, until today I thought they are the same :crazyeye:

That was missing when I try to translate to English... As you can see, isn't my native language. But the last time you talk about bronze age civilizations I learn so much, so I want to read what you think about the difference between Mixtecs and Mexicas, because, until today I thought they are the same :crazyeye:

Well, for starters they spoke two completely different languages. The Mixtecs speak an Oto-Manguean language. Oto-Manguean includes languages like Otomi and Zapotec and is indigenous to central Mexico. The Mixtecs had small kingdoms/polities, that were united under the rule of their greatest King, Eight Deer Jaguar Claw.

The Mexica spoke Nahuatl, a Uto-Aztecan language. Uto-Aztecan languages include the Shoshone, and Hopi spoken further up north in present-day USA. The Nahua (which include the Mexica) are believed to have migrated south from that area to Mesoamerica. The Mexica founded the Aztec "Empire" or Triple Alliance, which famously fell to the Spanish.

They shared similarities in culture, and both had codices.

Well, for starters they spoke two completely different languages. The Mixtecs speak an Oto-Manguean language. Oto-Manguean includes languages like Otomi and Zapotec and is indigenous to central Mexico. The Mixtecs had small kingdoms/polities, that were united under the rule of their greatest King, Eight Deer Jaguar Claw.

The Mexica spoke Nahuatl, a Uto-Aztecan language. Uto-Aztecan languages include the Shoshone, and Hopi spoken further up north in present-day USA. The Nahua (which include the Mexica) are believed to have migrated south from that area to Mesoamerica. The Mexica founded the Aztec "Empire" or Triple Alliance, which famously fell to the Spanish.

They shared similarities in culture, and both had codices.
The Oto-Manguean language family are apparently also modern lingo-archaeologists' most favoured, by support and consensus numbers, for the language family the uncertain language of the Olmec Civilization either belonged or was an outright antecedent of.

The Oto-Manguean language family are apparently also modern lingo-archaeologists' most favoured, by support and consensus numbers, for the language family the uncertain language of the Olmec Civilization either belonged or was an outright antecedent of.

Hmm. I thought it was Mixe-Zoquean.

Hmm. I thought it was Mixe-Zoquean.
There's no complete consensus, and I'm pretty sure Mixe-Zoquean is up there, too. I believe both are above language isolate or Mayan, Lencan, Misumalpan, Chibchan, or Xincan language families, for instance, which are also all hypothesized, but with less favour than either Oto-Manguean or Mixe-Zoquean,

Last edited:
It's not that I personally oppose, or have much vested interest in the Boers - it's just that that is an issues Firaxis would have to deal with in marketing.

Agreed. Not that I have anything against a Boer civ, but backlash would be inevitable. Plus, I think most would much rather see a South Africa civ under Nelson Mandela. Even though he passed away recently, he’s the most obvious and least controversial choice for that region, and there’s enough distinction not to overlap with Zulus.

Top Bottom