Unofficial 2.8 Changes Modmod

os79

Deity
No longer supported.

Please go here for my OS79 modmods. Since my modmods are simple little stuff, itis fairly easy for you to delete any other modmods than unofficial 2.8 modmod.

You should call this "The unofficial 2.8."

:lol: I'm too humble for that :D.
But thanks for suggesting this. I will attempt to add that title in the first post.

ALMOST! I said.

I'm on Chieftain diffiulty,
100 training and construct (modded GameSpeedInfos.xml personally),
no city razing, no barbarians, no tech trading nor brokering, no vassals, no tribal villages, city easier to return to former owner, TechDiffusio, DynamicNames,
Conquest only victory,
Terra Standard map, Marathon speed, Balanced resources,
VS Boudica, Isabella, Dido, Nefetti, and a Hitti guy...

Hitti guy is 200 above me in scores and the other leaders are within 100 area with me, above or below and changing rapidly.
It is in Classical Age.

I already had my invading army ready, with three city armies ready to move after I capture three cities from Isabella. I'm hoping that after I capture three cities, I will sue for peace. But if she refuse to go for peace, at least I consolidated my empire enough to not be overworried (I HOPE!)

Well, that is how effective Zappara's changes are!

In Medieval Age:

Hitti Empire is in 1100's.
I'm in 700's.
Two of other civs are in 500's but catching up.
Two other civs are in 300's but catching up as well.

I attacked Spain and annexed three cities *yummy*. I sued for peace and had to laugh when Isabella said "Yes! And Let's destroy other civs."
And she is in the 500's range still!
Well, unbeknown to her, I'm developing my supercities (these that are already consolidated enough to continually Wealth to sit it out) to join in efforts to make more city armies so I'm more ready to conquer Spain without having to sue for peace :D.

And, lucky me, Hitti empire is pleased toward me so far. I'm waiting for other civs to be absorbed by either of us before I go and fight with him :D.

Yeah, Zap, I'm loving it! :goodjob:

Hi! Could you please include the UnitAI fixes which Zappara provided in the 2.8 discussion thread today as well? I am a bit confused if I can use both, the fix+your changes cause I don't know how the different files interact...

Hi! Could you please include the UnitAI fixes which Zappara provided in the 2.8 discussion thread today as well? I am a bit confused if I can use both, the fix+your changes cause I don't know how the different files interact...
You can use both, the files do not overlap.

Zappara is correct, but since this is an unofficial 2.8 modmod, I'm more than happy to update my modmod in a while. Let me find that file and update my modmod. I will let you know in less than an hour :).

See the first post for the update :D.

The new version contains Zappara's new unitinfos.xml file that hopefully will solve some users' problem with endless loop bug.
Enjoy!

Any feedback about those changes? ;)

Up to Renaissance on that game I played above. Then I stopped because I was fairly satisfied with the AI. The AI even got to about 500-700 points ahead of me.

Btw, can you give me directions or xml file that add in sea storms that is modified? So I can see if my ships are a bit more useful this time earlier?

Thanks.

I'd like to try this mod but I am having trouble following the full installation advice concerning editing the MLF file after I copied over the files. I have tried twice now, but each time it comes up in a load of errors (things like 'can't read MLF file' and so on) when I load RoM up, so obviously I am doing something wrong. Also, how come I only need to manually edit the MLF file for this mod, and not for all the other mods that I use?

I'd like to try this mod but I am having trouble following the full installation advice concerning editing the MLF file after I copied over the files. I have tried twice now, but each time it comes up in a load of errors (things like 'can't read MLF file' and so on) when I load RoM up, so obviously I am doing something wrong. Also, how come I only need to manually edit the MLF file for this mod, and not for all the other mods that I use?

Because this modmod was never included in my project, The Universal MLF file. I will update it now, but it my take time for that update to trickle down to my modmod and others...

*grimace*

Well, Afforess, it seems like Dancing Hoskuld was right. I'm actually turning into a modder. So do you mind adding my name "os79" to the list? Then all I have to do is upload MLF for os79 folder including IdleCities, 2.8 Unofficial Changes, Chop With Purpose, and maybe (working title) Historical Correct Civs.

*grimace*

Well, Afforess, it seems like Dancing Hoskuld was right. I'm actually turning into a modder. So do you mind adding my name "os79" to the list? Then all I have to do is upload MLF for os79 folder including IdleCities, 2.8 Unofficial Changes, Chop With Purpose, and maybe (working title) Historical Correct Civs.

It's not a bad thing. "The more the merrier."

Yes, I will add your name to the list.

Os79, you should really start including your modmod's on the RoM index.

I think I'm doing something wrong installing this, but I'm not sure what...
I download the thing in the top post, extract it to the right place ("do you want to merge assets with assets") then i went and downloaded the MLF file in the sticky post, and put it in the modules folder overwriting the one that was already there...
but when is start the game its says:
Tag: UNITCOMBAT_SETTLER in info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

and then it says that for a whole other load of units...

I think I'm doing something wrong installing this, but I'm not sure what...
I download the thing in the top post, extract it to the right place ("do you want to merge assets with assets") then i went and downloaded the MLF file in the sticky post, and put it in the modules folder overwriting the one that was already there...
but when is start the game its says:
Tag: UNITCOMBAT_SETTLER in info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

and then it says that for a whole other load of units...

I no longer support this thread. I, however, support this thread that has all of my modmods.

When you download that rar, just extract to Desktop, go into Assets, then into Modules.
Then into OS79.
Then just delete other folders than Unofficial 2.8 folder if you don't want them.
You can even delete the dll in Assets folder too if you don't want a dll that has CAR merged in for faster performance (15%).
Then after the Assets is to your satisfaction, just copy the Assets over Assets in RoM and overwrite if asked for.
Be sure to back up your the original dll if you want to try the new dll.
XML file for unitinfos will go into XML/Units folder by itself, so overwrite the old one with it.

Ask more questions in the thread I referred you to please. I'm at university so I need to concentrate on just one thread instead of many.

Top Bottom