Upcoming patch info!

* Map – Terrain caching fix that could cause problems for certain video cards (the “glowing red orbs” seen on the map are an indicator of this).

I had wondered what those were. Never quite knew, though. Just assumed they were supposed to be there (they were usually on the polar caps, so there would be a barb hut nearby).

Anyway, lots of promising things. Building disbanding is one I'm a fan of, but there are certainly other good additions. I'm curious to see what gets built from here, but this is a great start in addressing the issues people have brought up.

EDIT: Smart not to post an ETA, no use in repeating the past there ;)

I just hope they will let us build more than 69 cities soon :nuke:

EDIT: Oh, ooops, just read the Fireaxis forums and Greg said that it includes this fix. I love you, Greg!

The patch info says it will address save file corruption and infinie treaties, two of the gamebreaking bugs I hit the most often as well as the AI. If they can really accomplish everything they've listed in the patch they may very well get Civ V up to where it should have been at the release.

The only concern I had... it says that research treaties will not give techs if you break them by declaring war. I hope that's just for the person declaring war, because the computer often declares war on me without cause.

Well its seem that they've done their homework. Its a good start. Now that the absurdity are getting patch, which is great, Firaxis need to put the "soul" of civilisation into this "strategy" game that claim to be part of ithe series!

This.

Also, now that we can sell buildings (not sure how this was not in the game on release), but no mention of a fix for the broken gameplay mechanic that makes razing every city you capture the best option, then I guess we can first sell the buildings off before razing.

Also, no mention of unit maintenance transparency. I really want to know how much each unit is costing me, and why!

The patch info says it will address save file corruption and infinie treaties, two of the gamebreaking bugs I hit the most often as well as the AI. If they can really accomplish everything they've listed in the patch they may very well get Civ V up to where it should have been at the release.

The only concern I had... it says that research treaties will not give techs if you break them by declaring war. I hope that's just for the person declaring war, because the computer often declares war on me without cause.

Hopefully they accompany it by an AI reluctance to declare war with someone who has an active research agreement (afterall, both sides lose out in such a deal).

Hopefully the worker pathfinding for roads improvement reduces the time between turns. If it does and they give us an option for quick movement, the game might stop making me fall asleep every 10 seconds due to annoying pauses while I wait for animations that I don't care about to finish. Until then, I won't be playing.

Not that this patch won't be great (from the looks of it it'll be a vast improvement, thumbs up) but if the game continues to slog along at such a slow pace it will not hold my attention and will not be fun for me to play, so I won't play it.

* Economy - Can now sell Buildings in a city (to help lower maintenance for obsolete buildings later in the game).

"Sell" as in immediate gold is put into my piggy-bank?

If this is true then I can't wait to see the hammer to gold ratio from selling buildings.

I have a number in mind and anything above that number will mean that I can manipulate the :):):):) outta this.... Lets see how newb the dev team really is :).... Only assuming the number is above a given number.... What the dev team is saying is that I can create buildings in other cities, sell them and use the gold to buy units in my city with the barracks??? So your saying there is no point to build gold with currency at 25% of the hammers value when I will probably be able to sell buildings at a higher value????

I really hope this post doesn't change the valuations that were "originally" going to be released with the next patch :p

* Added option to disable auto-unit cycling.

Well thank God. The idiot who original proposed to remove this option should be banned from living for all his evil newbauchery..

I also notice that my bug is not on the list :(

:king:

Is 25% gold enough from wealth mean that the option is now better than building scouts and disbanding them...or is that still technically a better money strat?

Woot! This is a great list of fixes. I've had a ton of fun playing Civ V but all of these look like fine improvements that will make things a lot better.

Is 25% gold enough from wealth mean that the option is now better than building scouts and disbanding them...or is that still technically a better money strat?

40% gold would be more equivalent to building scout and selling it.

IMO it should be set to 50%

Great patch. That said, glaringly absent:

Pathfinding for embarking/turns to move calculation
Loss of science overflow
Having all deals run out after 30 turns without an option to auto-renegotiate
No effect of unit lost health on battle odds calculation display
No combat modifiers shown in city attack
No mention of what city completed/started what for autobuild ("Work has started on a Circus")
No XP bar for air units
No way to see combat odds at peace
No way to see enemy unit's strength/promotions
No numerical display of city health
Only 4 combat bonuses are visible; rest go offscreen

FML (edit: added more)

* Economy - Can now sell Buildings in a city (to help lower maintenance for obsolete buildings later in the game).

Oh that is big news - a massive change to the game! It will have far reaching implications.

* Military - Improved unit cycling logic. Camera will jump around much less.

Awesome news. :) It drives me bonkers on big maps the way it is at the moment.

Wealth is at least instant. I forget the details, I think they're at least comparable.

Whew, that's awsome.

Now I can puppet the bastards for much longer before I annex and erase all the unnecessary buildings, and even make some money off it to boot.

I'm willing to bet also that the ammount I'll get from selling all the puppets buildings will cover the maintenance I've payed for the puppet with some gold to spare.
Then I sell the puppet to some weak AI for extra money and benefits and get to keep all the puppets culture points too for insta cultural boom

awsome

war, what is it good for?
In CIV5, everything! :>

Does this mean that the unit with the medic promotion doesn't get the healing bonus?

Probably. It would mean you wouldn't give the Medic Promo to a frontline, resource unit unless you had units to spar or really needed to.

excellent, thanks, its good to know you guys are making the best Civ game yet even better
really want the Hotseat in one of these patch's that would be the best news

* Added option to disable auto-unit cycling.

This has been the most annoying thing for me. Camera jumping around. Since they promised, that players activity wont be modified with annoying pop-ups, this is almost as bad :p

Top Bottom