• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Upcoming patch info!

I think the fact that they are adding additional "fixes" at this point means the patch is on track to meet ETA. Posters on the 2K forums seem rather confident the patch drops tomorrow. Just in time for a weekend of beta testing! (okay, that last bit was sarcastic).

"Economy – Increased city wealth setting to 25%"

Can anyone explain what this means?

Currently wealth converts 10% of your shield to gold. in highly productive cities, with 60 production, you get 6 gold back.

The new conversion means you get 15 gold back or 25% of 60 hammers.

This plus the new fix to make disbanding units return only 10% of the hammers used to produce them, should make 'wealth' viable when your done building in a city.

^ While that's a fair point, you never lose progress on what you're building, so you could always resume building that scout at a later point. Not to mention that they're the cheapest things to build, so the 2-3 turns it takes to pump one out is of marginal opportunity cost.

It's still mind-boggling that wealth (after the patch) will generate .25 gold / hammer, but scouts still provide .4 g/h and triremes .5 g/h. They need to fix the scout/trireme delete values too I think.

I've experienced the opposite, where I simply changed from one thing to another and back, having to start production from scratch.

Could be a game-specific bug, could be an unintended "feature", could be intended.. I'm not able to launch the game right now to test. :)

Currently wealth converts 10% of your shield to gold. in highly productive cities, with 60 production, you get 6 gold back.

The new conversion means you get 15 gold back or 25% of 60 hammers.

This plus the new fix to make disbanding units return only 10% of the hammers used to produce them, should make 'wealth' viable when your done building in a city.

Ohhh, duh! I forgot that even existed :p

I would presume Greg only states what they've got ready and tested in the upcoming patch info.

They're probably waiting for the last minute additions if they manage to get them tested and working before the patch launch. (meaning there might even be more additions to the actually released patch)

Of course it might be totally opposite, they couldn't get some of the stuff done so they have to remove. :p

someone say to greg that they must change the impossible prices of the building @ marathon level....plz...i love tha "new" lenght of this modality....but i can anjoy it with 50 turn for a barrack...if you have time say also WE NEED USEFULL BUILDING....

Really cannot wait for the neverending peace deal to be fixed. That's destroyed one of my awesome games already.

grrrrrr patch better be out by the time I get home today, If they DO release it the 25th alongside the DLC I wont be impressed....releasing it just after the weekend is just not right I say.

Good fixes, but I'll just sit back and watch until they fix some core balance issues, like nerfing ICS.

Still, I like the stuff I'm seeing on the list.

What about AI use of GG? Are they going to fix that any time soon? Don't tell me they're supposed to sit in their capitals forever... There have been situations where my invasion could've been stopped by Chinese if only they would move their GG on the battlefield...

Good fixes, but I'll just sit back and watch until they fix some core balance issues, like nerfing ICS.

Still, I like the stuff I'm seeing on the list.

ICS-maybe imba, but it's not the best strat to make the points. Plus it's slow.

The point is. Even if the strat exists, you don't need to use it.

The point is. Even if the strat exists, you don't need to use it.

Exactly, you as the player are the one who can choose to use any exploit. They should not make those things a priority IMHO. Fix bugs, look closely at balance and maybe even add a few things but fixing exploits? Thats your own choice. If you really use the same tactic to win each game until they "fix" it then you might have a problem, not the game.

ICS is a response to bad design decisions - which made it take forever to develop large cities and advanced buildings. Changing one without fixing the other would be a disaster.

WTH is ICS? Dammit I get lost with all those abbreviations...

Top Bottom