Update for avatar sizes: Input wanted

Can confirm you've not given me a heart attack today. Everything is looking good from here.

How many "custom avatar group" people are losing out?

I'm not one of them am I?

I will fight.

How many "custom avatar group" people are losing out?

I'm not one of them am I?

I will fight.

I am afraid I have no idea :/.
The data hade now also been purged from the database, so I cannot check anymore.

Given that the avatars during vb times had a 10kb limit, and nobody noticed, I would say not too many ^^.

I am afraid I have no idea :/.
The data hade now also been purged from the database, so I cannot check anymore.

Given that the avatars during vb times had a 10kb limit, and nobody noticed, I would say not too many ^^.
I will not fight.

I heard that the new version of the website won't have the option to become a supporter?

What we propose:
  • No avatars for newly registered members
  • After 5 days and 5 posts you get the 50 kb limit (or potentially lower, depending on discussion)
  • Any other special user group (supporters, moderators, HOF staff, GOTM staff, etc) gets a 100 kb limit

Please let us know what you think :).
(before you do: Have a look at the size of your current avatar please)
As long as "retired moderator" is one of the user groups included, I'm good. :goodjob:

My avatar here is just a big "C". How do I change that? I did look around the site, but couldn't find how.

My avatar here is just a big "C". How do I change that? I did look around the site, but couldn't find how.

Click on the big "C" next to the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen. That will take you to your profile. Scroll down on the left hand side to Account Details.

Click on that, and then scroll down to Avatar.

I'm not sure if there are Civ-themed avatars available right now; normally there are, but the forum recently underwent a migration and the admins are still sorting some things out. I'm not sure if there's still a post count minimum to have a custom avatar, but it won't hurt to try (and you did register over 20 years ago, so you've certainly been here long enough!). Just upload something from your computer, taking into account the size limits and that it can't be NSFW.

When you've found what you want to use, click Save at the bottom. You should be good to go.

Some sites have a policy of custom avatars being uploaded to other sites (such as imgur) and linked back.
I'd prefer that to ruining the quality of the avatar pic. Currently the size is small imo, and the resolution does seem a bit suspect too :p

I don't think we can do that, from a technical point of view.

Click on the big "C" next to the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen. That will take you to your profile. Scroll down on the left hand side to Account Details.

Click on that, and then scroll down to Avatar.

I'm not sure if there are Civ-themed avatars available right now; normally there are, but the forum recently underwent a migration and the admins are still sorting some things out. I'm not sure if there's still a post count minimum to have a custom avatar, but it won't hurt to try (and you did register over 20 years ago, so you've certainly been here long enough!). Just upload something from your computer, taking into account the size limits and that it can't be NSFW.

When you've found what you want to use, click Save at the bottom. You should be good to go.

I hope I updated the rules :think: ... the minimum for an avatar is 5 days and 5 posts.

Top Bottom