Resource icon

Updated Fortified Alert 1.11

gyogen2 updated Updated Fortified Alert with a new update entry:

Fortified Alert Update - Experimental

I have added a guard action to fortifiable units.
View attachment 459341

I am not good with art, so I had to use the fortify icon.
This will allow regular fortified units to stay fortified, and guard units will fortify until awoken by enemy unit.

I currently do not know how to save mod data across saves, so for now when you load a game, any unit you want on guard will need to be reissued the command, sorry for the inconvenience. If anyone knows how to save info, I'll be glad to add....

Read the rest of this update entry...

This works great so far, but I'm still away from testing air units. My session is rather combat-less at moment, but at least I don't have to re-guard or re-fortify units whenever I restart the game and/or reload a save. UnitPanel.lua was a good choice as InGameTopOptionsMenu.lua has to be installed in the original folders for the RestartButton mod. At least I don't have any other mod installed that also uses UnitPanel.lua so far.

G is Toggle Grid by default, but I hardly use hotkeys anyway and especially wouldn't need to toggle the almost invisible grid anyway. Otherwise, D should be still unused.

I have lost the ability to fortify or sleep and the only action is guard. Skip doesn't work for naval. Is anyone else having this issue?

I loaded an on-going save and now my units have lost the abilities. As far as I can tell it stopped working after the update that added guard.

I've been taking you LUA files and overwriting the originals (since I only use two mods - both yours)

Ok, it was my error. When I drag and dropped you files in the XML overwrote the original. The only command in yours is guard... doh!

Top Bottom