1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by phungus420, Apr 28, 2009.

1. aml666

aml666 Chieftain

:lol:

Very understandable. Bet Mod, ever. It's the only one I can play way into the 22nd century with ZERO crashes. Also, it's the only one I can play multiplayer with minimal crashes.

You don't happen to have a functioning project folder all zipped up and ready... do you? I'd like to mess with this for my own enjoyment. I'm a C++, C#, Java, PHP developer.

:D

2. bestbrian

bestbrian Just this guy, ya know?

That was some good choice editing of your original post for a family forum. :lol:

Real life first, hobbies second (if not last); good luck in everything, and thanks for all the work you've done up to now. :goodjob:

3. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Why do you use Wu Zetian as Trung Trac? Why don't you use Ekmeks Trung Sisters as "the Trung Sisters"?

4. Mo_Jo

Mo_Jo Chieftain

Hi, hope this is the correct thread .. this is the best Mod since Alma left (has anyone heard form him?? hope his son is ok) so i will post a somewhat general question here hoping the great minds of LoR can help me . .

i am working on a mini Mod and i would like to take some of the "buttons" from existing *.dds files (eg. Warlords_Atlas_1.dds) and create a new .dds file which has all the buttons for my mini Mod .. i have a couple of .dds viewers so i know where the individual images are but i can't figure how to extract a single image from the "atlas" .. any suggestions??

5. Mo_Jo

Mo_Jo Chieftain

actually . . from my many years in thailand etc. . . i think girls can't smell when you have no money . . they can smell when you do . . sorry if i have offended any lovely girls in this forum . . not my intention as not all girls are only interested in material things . .

6. prophit618

prophit618 Chieftain

This is a great mod, and I love it to death. The only problem I have is that when there's been enough revolutions to get above about 20 civs, my comp can't run it anymore, so I can't finish a game unless I start a custom game with no revolutions.
    I'd like to be able to set the maximum number of civs lower so this doesn't happen. Is this a possibility, and if so, can someone tell me how?
    I noticed that it says the max civs is set in the .dll but I don't know how or where to edit it.

7. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

I dont have it installed right now, but iirc there is a revolution.ini or revdcm.ini file that contains a max civ setting.

8. prophit618

prophit618 Chieftain

It's the revolution.ini. Thanks a lot, it was right there plain as day. Problem solved. Thanks again!

9. nfw

nfw King

Anyone notice sometimes AIs have death wish?

Xerces was at war with Monty, then he declared war on me, the biggest civ on the continent. After we made peace, he attacked Mao while still at war with Monty. That's when I decided to put an end to his crazy shenanigans. It's not due to AP either since we are both members.

10. Bloodstone

Bloodstone Warlord

Not sure if I'm seeing things, but a couple of pages back there was reference to a version 0.9.10, was that ever released or is it just an idea in the making? I'm just getting back to BtS and trying LoR for the first time, the latest version I'm able to find is 0.9.9b. Just wondering if I'm missing a download somewhere.

EDIT: One other silly question. I had started a game, prior to running the 0.9.9b patch, can I use that save game once I install the patch, or is it not backwards compatible? Thanks for any insights, I'm a bit tech backwards so if this is obvious just kick me!

Thanks

11. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

AFAIK 0.9.9b is the last version. At least the last official version

It depends on what's changed in the different patches. Usually smaller ones don't break save games.
    On this one, Phungus wrote he fixed a major bug, so it's probably not just xml or basic python change.
    Good chance it will break your save game, but I cannot be sure of course

12. Waterhouse

Waterhouse Chieftain

If I download some mod components that add new health and luxury ressources to the game, will I be able to use them in LoR??

13. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Only if you merge them into LoR
    Legend of Revolutions is a huge mod, it most likely already modified all the files your newly downloaded modcomp modifies.
    So you cannot just overwrite everything, without merging the mod won't run

14. Waterhouse

Waterhouse Chieftain

Thanks, but what does that mean in normal language? ;-) -I have zero knowledge of programming or modding, I just want to know if its possible to add extra resources to LoR without screwing anything up?
    Thanks!

15. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

If you don't have any modding experience, I would advise you against adding new resources
    Resources are not just a simple xml or python change (or a few addons to the existing code of the LoR files).
    I for example hate to mess up with the font files - to add the new resources font images

16. bestbrian

bestbrian Just this guy, ya know?

Decide on what it is that you would like to add, and then ask for assistance by opening a thread in the mod forums. I think you'll find that it's very involved; not impossible, but there will be many things to do that don't seem so obvious. That's one of the reasons why I keep tipping my hat to Phungus for giving this mod to us, as the (unpaid) work must have been grueling.

17. Cruel

Cruel King

It's always sad when a competent soul leaves the community. Maybe you should move to a country where women do not can smell very well that things. :p

18. D!CK_VII

D!CK_VII Prince

any PBEMers here. if so pm me

19. SR-71

SR-71 Terminator T850 model 101

Oh, I'm sorry there's no more development for this mod just when I'm going to try it, it's very very promising... :sad:

Anyway, thanks for your work, sure you'll find a girls much more interested in you than your money, there are a lot. Try sports and improving your speech, old methods always run well :cool:

20. Bloodstone

Bloodstone Warlord

Anybody have this minor glitch/bug? GG are being generated for all the various Civs in my current game, and I just noticed, around 1450 AD, that their all being named "Great General". Did it just run out of names or is there some other reason? Just wondering, it's not a big deal, just curious. This is still one of the best Mods ever done.