1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by phungus420, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Rusty Edge

Rusty Edge Deity

I think that the "fix symptom" options are

1) hardware upgrade.

2) save and reload, more frequently as the game goes on and becomes more complicated.

3) Increase the allocation of virtual memory. No, I don't recall how that is done.

2. Cruel

Cruel King

Is your system 64 bits?

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@Tambien,
    If your Win 7 is 32 bit version another GB of ram is essential. Also Under My Computer-> Properties change the Virtual memory settings(increase the page file settings and associated video settings), Do Not "let Windows manage your ram" use the Custom settings. Use the Performance over Visual settings. AND You Must be logged in as Admin not user.

If you have Win 7 x64 system, you Need More Ram.

The more AI you place in the Game the more Ram you will need as the game progresses.

Also how much video ram does your Vid card have? If 512Mb or less you may need to upgrade. And it must have Pixel Shader 2.0 or better tech in it too.

JosEPh

4. Joey9

Joey9 Chieftain

hiho everybody,

as I am no modder but would really like to have a second UUs in the game here my wish:
    as far as I know there was already a second UU in this mod (maybe in a longer ago version and not for every civ) - would anybody be able to merge them into the mod again? perfect would be to have them just by choice or even better to be able to choose between set one, set two or both at a time...
    hopefully phungus will release an 1.0 version somewhen -->thx again for my favorite mod and all your time phungus!
    (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=466716) and you want to wait till then...
    just a wish :)

does someone know of a good ww2-scenario (worldmap, not only europe) one could play with LOR?

thx m8s and have a nice and sunny week!
    joey

5. lowreyj

lowreyj Chieftain

what's the big deal?
    most of the scenarios are more of the same standard generic civilization stuff with some twists (mostly annoying twists, at that)
    the one that intrigued me was the "world war wolf" scenario, but there are some crazy flaws.
    what's up with gilgamesh and the sumerian civilization constantly popping up? that's not just annoying, it's stupid, and somewhat insulting. the indigenous people of australia are called the maori, so, if you want to create a civ in australia, at least call them maori. of course, when euros reached aus. the maori were still operating with paleolithic technology, which is why a few british criminals, drunks, and religious nuts, and the handful of garrison troops watching over them, were able to conquer a continent.
    i'm sorry, but, if you want to create an historical scenario, don't just make stuff up.
    also, by 1784 the Iroquois were so decimated and divided after decades of siding with the losers (first the french, then the british, never the americans) that they didn't exist as a viable civ, and the "sioux," which i assume represent the various tribes of the plains, were never as cohesive and powerful as represented in this scenario
    i'm guessing there are just as many errors regarding other civs that i'm not as knowledgeable about

6. irlandes

irlandes Chieftain

Hello everybody. First, I want to say that this is the best CIV IV mod of all I`ve ever play.

Only a thing: Could be possible to create a singular list of great generals for each nation?

I think it would give much flavour to the game (yes, I'm a warmonger). ;D

Thanks and sorry for my english.

7. Chronis

Chronis Chieftain

Version 1.3 of Legends of Revolution Balance Tweaks Is Now Released
    it can be downloaded here:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=453180

Legends of Revolution Balance Tweaks is a modification designed to
    Improve the balance and game experience at higher difficulty levels.
    It is compatible with version 0.99b of LOR. To install simply unzip the attached
    file into your Legends of Revolutions directory. It is recommended you keep a copy
    of the Legends of Revolution installer as removing LOR balance Tweaks will require reinstallation of Legends of Revolutions.

Balance Tweaks added by this MOD

Mechanics Tweaks
    It is now possible to pillage your own roads (new in version 1.3)
    Civilization culture no longer vanishes once their last city is captured (new in version 1.3)

Unit Tweaks
    Barbarian Nomads increased in strength
    Battering Rams now take longer to tear down walls and cultural defenses
    Battering Rams now less likely to withdraw from combat when attacking cities
    Trebuchets take slightly longer to tear down walls and cultural defenses
    Grenadiers changed to a gunpowder unit
    Cuirassier moved from military science to military tradition
    Pikemen city attack penalty removed
    Melee units can only be upgraded to more advanced melee units
    Knights given bonus versus melee
    Knights given a penalty when attacking or defending cities
    Musketmen given a city defense bonus

Wonder Tweaks
    Leonardos Workshop decreased slightly in cost
    Great Lighthouse increased slightly in cost
    Trafalgar square whale bonus removed

The balance reasons for many of the above changes can be found in the following post.

various balance comments
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10728099&postcount=237

Edit: As of version 1.2 the changes to the pyramids have been removed. Composite Bowmen now require a Barracks to build.
    Edit: As of version 1.3 the unit added at mathematics composite bowman has been removed.

8. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

Why did you remove the composite bowman?

9. Chronis

Chronis Chieftain

They dramatically altered the gameplay of the early game. Maybe for the better, maybe not. I was concerned that it might be too radical of a change.

In addition my artwork solution was not very exciting.
    I just took the regular group of three archers and made them a group of
    5 instead which fit reasonabally well but was not a perfect solution.

Major changes in this version include the
    culture changes and the ability to pillage your own roads.
    If anyone wants a version with the composite bowman back in send me an
    PM with an e-mail address and I'll send you a version that has them in it.

10. gerwalk

gerwalk Chieftain

My first game of LOR is now crashing every turn. It is 2021 and the problem started about 2019. The game just stops working and I get a BTS has stopped working message. Can anyone help please?

11. glx

glx Chieftain

:confused:
    -> it is quite hard to help if you avoid providing information ... (e.g. log-files, etc.)
    :crazyeye:

12. Donut11975

Donut11975 Chieftain

Does anyone know a guide for this mod?I usually play as Rome as Julius Caesar in RevDCM but now I play as Constantine and it is VERY HARD!I usually play on Warlord(Yes I know it should be easy but its not for me)If you guys cant find a guide can you at least recommend some tips?Also I mostly try to build a huge empire trough conquest :D Also I have been playing RevDCM for a long time and I am soo used to RevDCM but after finding this mod I really like the new features but I am just so used to RevDCM... Also anybdy know a good way to get production up while still having enough food?I want to build Legions as fast as I can :D Also I dont use Slavery.

13. conception

conception Warlord

Did anyone ever figure out if this mod could work in multiplayer as long as the sides weren't fighting each other?

14. laughingman

laughingman Chieftain

I know it's a stretch, but.....

any way you could make this mac compatible? :mischief:

I played civ on my PC religiously, and ever since downloading LoR two years ago (my PC died a month ago) I didn't play anything but. This mod/xpack boosts the game into god status. Now all I have is my macbook and I've never had worse withdrawals from anything before in my life :lol:

I know it's a longshot but can't hurt to ask, eh?

15. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

I don't think it can be done because the .dll's been altered, and when you do that, you can't run it on a Mac. I had been using a Mac for the past year and a half, and was so happy when I could play LoR again on my PC!

16. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler :

...Rant lately? :wallbash: it's a game, If your not into it, pass go collect your 200$ and move on. Or create your own. :cheers:

Nice to see this Mod being continued, gonna try this version, will post any issues/ bugs..thanks for the time and effort!

edit:..Just realized I rezzed an :old:rant..

17. HannibalBarka

HannibalBarka We are Free

the indigenous people of australia are called the Aborigene :rolleyes:
    Instead of ranting on other people 'work (some thing they are willingly and kindly sharing with you without being paid for), go do a something for once :D

18. silverjack100

silverjack100 Chieftain

Just thought I'd pop in and say: I still play LoR and I love it! I had a bit of an issue starting the game when they updated steam a bit ago, but it seems to be working again now. I always have wondered, I played the game several years ago, and I could swear Hitler used to be a playable leader... where did he go in this version?

Anyway thanks for making this mod, cheers.

19. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reporting back, after several play sessions...nothing to report! :coffee:

Thanks again for continuing the Mod.

20. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Yeah he used to be in the game, but was taken out at some point. Poland was too, if I recall.

Still love this mod, though- I play single-player exclusively with it! :D