[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

Yeah, I was looking at that last night, and just signed up an account at SourceForge. I think I will start using SourceForge in a bit, but just not right this instant.

No worries. Version Control can be a bit intimating at first. When you're ready, let me know and I'll help you set it up properly.

Was just reported a little bit ago. Tried reuploading, but it failed while I doing so. So trying again. It's a big file, takes about 45 minutes to upload, so hopefully will have it replaced soon. Don't know what's up with Filefront, but this is like the 3rd time in a row they've ended up corrupting a file.

They have had a lot of server issues lately because of the change of owners. They been updating and reorganising as well.

Its been causing problems.

Yeah, it's happened the last couple of times. No biggy, next pre official release and test build I'll be using SourcForge as the primary hosting site, will continue to use Strategy Informer and ModDB for the "official" release version though, just want to make sure no other issues like the missing spy buttons shake out in 0.9.6a build before I change the links in the OP and make 0.9.6a the "official" build.

Anyway, reuploaded to filefront, and it seems to work fine. Downloaded and installed correctly on my end.

Legends of Revolution full list of download mirrors
Most current version is 0.9.6a, and is at the top of the list.

Here is what I do not understand.

I am playing this mod on what I think is Epic/Noble. I am playing the Huge Earth 35 scenario.
They have axeman they eat me for lunch (axemen and archers) generally one of them attacks me in the field = death.
When I alt over them, say for instance an Axeman who is out in the field having just moved, I have a 1% chance to defeat them.

What gives?

(note: I have a barracks and am even producing with a great general as a Trainer, so the units are coming out well upgraded. It seems 2 of mine are needed to even dent one of theirs. I have to wait for them to attack me for a fair chance of winning.

Combat mechanics haven't changed since BtS. There have been some slight tweaks in units, mainly the fact axeman are now strength 4 instead of 5. So you shouldn't notice any changes in basic warfare, except the fact the axeman is less dominant. You are not giving enough information to figure what's going on in your game, so I :dunno:

Combat mechanics haven't changed since BtS. There have been some slight tweaks in units, mainly the fact axeman are now strength 4 instead of 5. So you shouldn't notice any changes in basic warfare, except the fact the axeman is less dominant. You are not giving enough information to figure what's going on in your game, so I :dunno:

Would it be possible to look at this save game?
This is a scenario in your mod, epic/noble difficulty.

I am America, having a small war with nearby local minors. They've never developed enough to even engage in diplopamacy. When their Axe men are out in the field (roaming the country side) heading towards my city, if I alt over them I have less than 5% survival chance.

If however, they attack me, it seems they usually win. Even a single axe man of the mongols against an archer who is defending a city will some times win. Yet, unless I bring at least 8 units I haven't a chance.

It takes at least two of my units to take down one of theirs and we are comparable in terms of unit/skill. Thats IF they are out in the field and just moved. I haven't succesfully attacked a city yet, I was trying for California.

Attachments

• President Obama BC-0750.CivBeyondSwordSave
    308.3 KB · Views: 44
Checking a huge map for me is not easy, this computer just can't really handle them well. If you really think there is an issue with the combat mechanics, post a screenshot. ACO is an included modcomp in LoR, so there is alot of statistical information available from combat in the mod. The thing is though I haven't touched CvUnit other then adding the Leonardo's Workshop functionality and XML tag, which is unrelated to combat, it's handled completely seperately. So it's not really possible the combat machanics in the mod are messing up.

Some people have tried it, and said it works fine, others have experienced problems with religion buttons. So not sure, it'll be just as touchy with MP as RevDCM is.

My advice would be to try it out, but do not select choose religions or revolutions in the custom game start up menu, as all reported bugs with MP seem to result from one or both of these options.

I love this mod, even though I usually end up with a fractured empire very early. Are there any plans to merge this with something like Diversica or Varietas Delectat? Or is it fairly simple for me to do myself? I doubt it, but just thought I'd check. Thanks!

The ethnic art is already just as in depth as Diversica and VD. Achilleszero actually helps out Avain with VD, and so the unit art between these two mods is constantly being swapped and shared. With the 0.9.6 update there are two options for the mod, full and light. The light version does not have this ethnic art, but the full version does, so keep that in mind, if your version of LoR says light, it does not have expanded ethnic unit art in it.

Okay, thanks. I take it expanding quickly is bad in this mod? I spread out as fast as my limited skill would allow and about half of my cities gave me revolution warnings.

Well, I used the same strategy that I just used in other mods and even vanilla with semi-pleasing effect until now. I don't think I over-expanded, just optimized. But the good citizens of the Polish empire in LOR seem to disagree strongly :)

Connecting to your capital is huge. Unconnected cities recieve a massive distance penalty. Also despotism and slavery carry a revolution cost, currently these civic revolution effects are hidden, but in the next update these penalties will be exposed to the player. If you want to get a pretty comprehensive rundown of the causes of revolutionary sentiment, click on the che advisor button, alot of information is exposed there.

Well, I used the same strategy that I just used in other mods and even vanilla with semi-pleasing effect until now. I don't think I over-expanded, just optimized.

Could be that over expansion wasnt your problem. Or only half of your problem. There are a host of things that factor in the rev index. But over expansion is a part of it, as that encompasses multiple facets of the rev index as well. It might take some getting used to, but early rushes are still viable (albiet with a different ratio of units than BtS). Wonders and other things that a straight warmoger might pass up (things that give happy faces), are now a little more desirable.

But the good citizens of the Polish empire in LOR seem to disagree strongly :)
Bahh, what do the polish know anyways!:D

Cool, thanks for the info guys. I also saw (I think?) that hereditary rule gives an unexpected penalty this time, correct?

Top Bottom