[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

@achilles: would you consider changing the icon graphic for the pathfinder? It's not up the standards of the rest of the mod IMO.

Which one, the default european one or one of the ethnic ones. The default does look crappy so ill make a new one.

Anyway, I did find a graphic error. The Join City as Great Spy button is missing.

Already found and fixed, somewhere between 0.96 test and 0.96b.

Hello.

I love this mod. :goodjob: But I'm wondering: did you guys change the Slave revolt random event?
I had it twice, and both times the slave revolt would never stop when I chose the 3rd option ("do nothing - revolt may continue"). The first time, it went on for 8 turns before I decided it was absurd and reloaded. The second time, my patience ran out after 6 turns of revolt and I quit . So, did I just get incredibly unlucky?

Hello.

I love this mod. :goodjob: But I'm wondering: did you guys change the Slave revolt random event?
I had it twice, and both times the slave revolt would never stop when I chose the 3rd option ("do nothing - revolt may continue").

Um, I have no idea if it was changed in fact I've no idea what it does in vanilla, but doesnt the wording "do nothing - revolt may continue" mean its just going to keep on going? I wouldnt normally expect it to stop when it said that, otherwise why bother picking the first two options if its just going to end by itself???? If it were changed I suspect it was changed by RevDCM.

may continue is not will continue. No one would ever pick option 3 if it would lead to perpetual revolts. If I read the events correctly, there is a 60% chance that the revolt continues if you pick option 3 while the revolt immediately ends with options 1 and 2.

The odds for the event continuing for 8 turns while you keep picking option 3 is 0.6^8= 0.0168 or about 1.68%. It won't happen often, but with many players using this mod, it is bound to happen if people are willing to pick this option 8 times in a row. So a one time report of this or even regular reports of this wouldn't tell anything by itself.

Now if someone were to test this and it would continue for 100 turns, then I'd definitely become suspicious.

may continue is not will continue. No one would ever pick option 3 if it would lead to perpetual revolts. If I read the events correctly, there is a 60% chance that the revolt continues if you pick option 3 while the revolt immediately ends with options 1 and 2.

The odds for the event continuing for 8 turns while you keep picking option 3 is 0.6^8= 0.0168 or about 1.68%. It won't happen often, but with many players using this mod, it is bound to happen if people are willing to pick this option 8 times in a row. So a one time report of this or even regular reports of this wouldn't tell anything by itself.

Now if someone were to test this and it would continue for 100 turns, then I'd definitely become suspicious.

I think RevDCM tweaked this. I actually haven't been running Slavery at all my last few games, so I can't speak from personal experience, but I've seen the reports of the AI in what seems to be perpetual slave revolts. In one of my recent games Joe From Portugal had a city in revolt for 22 turns. :eek:

I think RevDCM tweaked this. I actually haven't been running Slavery at all my last few games, so I can't speak from personal experience, but I've seen the reports of the AI in what seems to be perpetual slave revolts. In one of my recent games Joe From Portugal had a city in revolt for 22 turns. :eek:

If it was tweaked, then it wasn't done in most sensible value in the XML.

The odds for a slave revolt that long (22 turns or longer) are really small (0.0013%), so that doesn't sound like an accident. Of course, anything can happen, someone has to win the lottery. With enough games, these odds will occur sometimes. But I doubt enough games have been played with this mod to make such reports to be expected.

If the slave revolt is harder to stop due to some changes in RevDCM and these changes weren't made in the XML, then I wonder if the changes were made on purpose or just an unexpected side effect of other changes.

Just a FYI, there is no Viking bug in the light version of the mod, so it should still be available (although the text bug in CIV4GameText_Objects_BTS.xml should be fixed). I had light version installed and I forgot to test whether Vikings worked with it or not. Well, thing is they work with no changes.

So, the Viking bug is only with 0.9.6b full version. People who are downloading the torrents should use the light version instead.

Edit!
I now no longer seed the full version. Nobody got it downloaded fully anyway due to the odd connectivity problem I have yet to troubleshoot. The light version is seeded & available normally, although still a little slow until I get the faster connection to work properly (seeding currently only via 3G/HSDPA).

TORRENT AVAILABLE IN POST 1153

Still using 9.4b version and notice that Japanese Galleons have the European graphic were as the Vietnamese have an Asian graphic. Not sure if intentional or not, or if changed in 9.6b.

Still using 9.4b version and notice that Japanese Galleons have the European graphic were as the Vietnamese have an Asian graphic. Not sure if intentional or not, or if changed in 9.6b.

Not itentional, just overlooked. 1200+ different unit graphics is alot to keep track of. But thanks, will change in next edition.

If it was tweaked, then it wasn't done in most sensible value in the XML.

The odds for a slave revolt that long (22 turns or longer) are really small (0.0013%), so that doesn't sound like an accident. Of course, anything can happen, someone has to win the lottery. With enough games, these odds will occur sometimes. But I doubt enough games have been played with this mod to make such reports to be expected.

If the slave revolt is harder to stop due to some changes in RevDCM and these changes weren't made in the XML, then I wonder if the changes were made on purpose or just an unexpected side effect of other changes.

I have also noticed several very long slave revolts in foreign cities, but have no save at this moment.

The slave revolts is a known bug with events and is related to RevDCM in general. If I understood correctly LoR 0.9.6b should have had the troublesome events simply turned off (8 out of 300 or something like that) which shouldn't be too bad. That doesn't mean that events are fully fixed though, for example I got a quest for The Best Defense which I accomplished, and many turns later I got a message that I've failed the quest - after completing it. So there is certainly still something that messes up with the events when using revolutions and it may take a good while to find out how to fix them properly (or maybe this is a problem with BUG, I don't know these components in technical level).

Just throwing a personal guess, it may even have something to do with revolutions being incompatible with multiplayer, and simply fixing that problem may fix events too.

Slave revolt only is "Bugged" when a person keeps picking option C. When you pick the first two, then there is no revolt after 1 turn.

Unfortunately, the AI still has to understand this. (I use build 0.94b).
In my last game, the Spanish unfortunately decided to stick to option C, and Madrid stayed in revolt THE WHOLE FRIGGING GAME. I was only in contact with them after I discovered Astronomy and "only" saw the "bumbling" message 11 consecutive turns, but, on the replay, you can see Madrid being stuck almost from the begining. :goodjob:

I am just wondering if the whole English/British thing is going to be addressed at all?

hiall!

first i need to say that this mod is really great!!! and my favorite one!
thank you very much for your many hours of work though it consumes too much of my time playing it as well :lol:

one question:
when i discover new techs (e.g. alphabet) i sometimes get german voices (yep i am from germany) but every time the english text - any chance to get the whole thing in english?
(i have civ4 complete edition installed - don't know if this might have to do with the issue...?)

one crash i encounter with the uploaded game(revolutions turned off):
got a huge map, most of the map revealed through map-trading - currently 21 civs are known/contacted - when i move the caravel closer to the ottoman/roman border they want to make contact - at this time the first contact (roman) is possible and still displays where the second one does not display any more - instead i get a windows error like 'civ4 bts does not function any more...' and can only close the window.
on an earlier state of the game 22 civs were known/contacted (probably one was conquered in the meantime) - when i tried to make a new contact then the game directly crashed.
-->> i use the 0.9.6a light version of the mod, win vista64bit, 4gb ram - but as i can play on (not contacting more civs) i think it should be no hardware or windows issue...
-->is this problem known? any clue for a workaround or a fix as i love to play with so many civs!
i started with babarian civ mod enabled and 20 starting teams/(minor)civs - so if the crash cannot be solved is there a way to limit civs and stop 'barbarian civ mod' from letting barbs turn into civs beyond a certain limit (probably 22 in my game here...)
(mhhh - i just remember that i already played another mod with 36 civs on the world map - so i dont know where the crash/limitation comes from)

thanks for reading this whole stuff - hope its posted at the right place.

to the lor-team: :king: for this stable and great mod!!! grats and thanks again!

joey9

So is this going to be back up soon?
Just found out about this a few days ago, and I'm really eager to try it out, but the download was removed. :(

It looks fantastic though. Some of you modders are amazing.

EDIT: Apparently all I had to do was look back a page. Maybe I should pay more attention and look more. :sad:

Agreed, Civ 4 has a terrifically talented modder base. I'm really stoked to see what lies in store for LoR just like you are.

Top Bottom