[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

A question of curiosity- my capitol has barracks, airbases, and drydocks. Yet, whatever I build there only has the 2xp from the national wonder, The Pentagon. The only thing "different" I can see about the city is Leonardo's Workshop. Does Leonardo's Workshop disable local xp bonuses for new units?

First, sorry I didn't reply to your PM. I don't come here as often as I used to... I still love Civ but it doesn't mix well with a full-time job and a full-time wife.

As for your question, LW should not interfere with XP. I can see one reason, though : some units do require a barracks to be built, and such units do not get the extra XP.
If you mouse over the barracks in the city build list (at the bottom of the city screen), you'll see "adds +3 XP to units built in this city unless barracks are required to train", or something like that.
Same goes, I guess, for other unit types (aerial or naval). It's a feature, not a bug.

Edit : yes, Huge map games tend to get insufferably slow from the industrial era onwards, even on a state-of-the art computer. That's because the AI ends up with hundreds of cities and thousands of units, and Civ4 only handles one thread, which means 2014 processors only handle this game marginally better than 2006 CPUs at identical frequencies. If you intend to play the game to the end, you should stick to Large. That's a shame...

Good to know about the build xp for new units, thank you. I won't automatically expect each xp building to always apply to everything it applied to in BTS then!

By the way, I checked out the Graf Spee model for the German Heavy Cruiser (I suspected it would be Spee and am delighted it is), and then noted that there was a Graf Spee model highlighted in a Wolfshanze post some time back;

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=279376

Does anyone know if the model in LoR is this model referenced above, since LoR is in part the "intellectual heritage" (of sorts) of Wolfshanze work?

----------------
And, an additional general question if I may. The UI is telling me that my population is over the threshhold for a "domination Victory", yet the game is not ending. Is there some other condition that needs be met for a Domination Victory that I am not aware of?

And, an additional general question if I may. The UI is telling me that my population is over the threshhold for a "domination Victory", yet the game is not ending. Is there some other condition that needs be met for a Domination Victory that I am not aware of?
To win by domination, you need a certain percentage of the world population, but also a percentage of total land. Check the victories screen (F8).
Additionnally, make sure this victory type is actually enabled (F8 again).

I started a game with the "barbarian" start, knowing I would have to defend my workers and frontiers, and that excessive infrastructure development was probably a no-go until borders could be respected. I was in the NE corner of a landmass with a small frontier to the SW and a long open one to the south. Beyond my southern border were 2 barbarian cities, which I hoped I could absorb through culture given enough time.

One of these cities became the Ethiopians, about 5 years before the state Further south - the Mayans - conquered them. From 3000-2000 BC I was fending off Mayan scouts running around my territory, but I successfully finished the Great Wall and the Oracle of Delphi. I had one major drawback though- no Copper, and no Archery yet.

Then about 1900 BC, just as I was about to stretch a line of warriors through my border forest to discourage raiding, a Mayan force of Chariots, Spearmen, & Axemen crossed the frontier heading for the Oracle. I had 2 warriors there, so I pulled everything back and figured I just had to hope for the best. I barely made it there ahead of them, and outnumbered them 10-9, though even with Walls & City defense I was still out-gunned 4-3 in combat no-matter what units were attacking. I waited for the doom.

The doom never came though. Apparently the AI decided the losses would be a bit too steep to accept, and so this army started to bypass the city; but then marched right back again. They kept this up for 1000 YEARS, marching from South of the city to West of the city & back again, preventing me from building roads, improving the land, & connecting my eastern-most city with my kingdom. Eventually I fortuitously discovered Iron, saved up the cash, and upgraded my warriors to Axemen, which encouraged them to abandon the campaign. However, the damage was done. It is now 500 AD, and I have no knowledge of Construction, or Philosophy, or Machinery. I will be entering the mid-game with only 6 cities, because 50 generations of Mayan Generals had nothing better to do with their army than menace one of my interior cities for a millennium.

I've had the event twice now, "ABC city wants to join your empire! Accept/Not Welcome," but the situation in the affected city does not change when you click the "accept" button; it remains under foreign ownership & control. If there is some other condition that is necessary for the city to actually switch to your control, perhaps the even script should not trigger at all until that condition is met?

I've had the event twice now, "ABC city wants to join your empire! Accept/Not Welcome," but the situation in the affected city does not change when you click the "accept" button; it remains under foreign ownership & control. If there is some other condition that is necessary for the city to actually switch to your control, perhaps the even script should not trigger at all until that condition is met?
I think there's a game option that prevents culture flipping. Check your settings (F8).

Mm, I will check when I get home, but I don't believe that would be the case. Will update later. Thank you. :]

--
Added: That was not the case. The next time it happens I'll try to get a screenshot, or at least accurately record the situation.

Apologies for yet another novice question, but is there a thread that explains the improved interface? In my game I was just attacked by someone I'd been friendly with the whole game, and I'm curious if there is some data there that would have helped me to realize things were going south.

Also, since nation-specific art is the default standard for many states in this wonderful mod, is there a Scharnhorst model that could be used for the German Battleship? I know a 16"-gunned modern battleship (a.k.a. South Dakota/Rodney/et.al.) would mess up Scharnhorst or Gneisenau pretty badly, but it would at least put a German "feel" design into the game, rather than the generic South Dakota model repainted.

For the BB aspect, I have no idea.

About diplomacy : being attacked while friendly is still possible, especially if your military is weak (red ratio, below 0.8 on the scoreboard).

You can often tell they're going to attack someone (which might be you) by mousing over the "declare war on..." option while in the diplomacy screen : if the option is redded and you get "we already have enough on our hands" while they are not already fighting any war, then it means they're about to attack someone.
Note: in this case, provided you have enabled this feature in the BUG mod options, a fist will be displayed next to their name on the scoreboard.

Ah, thank you. I had wondered if the '30' on the far right next to their state had something to do with it. Looks like I need to learn more about the scoreboard. I'll research.

To learn the details about the scoreboard, type Ctrl-alt-O to bring up all the options, and go to the scoreboard tab. In the lower part of the screen, you'll see "column order" and a long series of letters and symbols. Mouse over that field and you'll learn what stands for what and in what order (which is customizable). By default, the number on the far right should be the number of cities a rival controls.

I had the same issue. I was suffocating Boston and got the event option. I clicked "Accept" and nothing happened. Never got that option again, despite the suffocation getting even worse.

I am glad my observations were not singular then. I had an additional issue where a city wanted to revert to my control bloodlessly, and had an accept/deny option, but when I accepted all the conquered cities of that nation instead reverted to their original conquered owner.

I'm not sure if this is important, given it has not halted game-play, but I am getting a text error message;

"Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method Revolution.onEndPlayerTurn of <Revolution.Revolution instance at 0x4B113DF0>>"

My game continues to process with no hang-ups, just this message every 5-10 turns.

I'm not sure what would have caused it, I have not changed or modified the LoR download. Hope this info is useful!

Hello everyone, I though I'd announce my new ModMod in this thread in case people haven't seen it in the LoR forum. It's available here. The focus of it is improving the AI and changing or adding some new features that add to the game without drastically changing it.

The new features include defender withdrawal, spies being able to be used to spy (help with the investigate city missions), and cities being more useful when captured due to keeping more buildings and controlling adjacent tiles even when another civ has more culture.

I've also made some balance changes to the newly added LoR features and Dales Combat Mod features.

Finally there's optional changes such as dynamic difficulty, where the difficulty increases as you are doing better to keep the game challenging and interesting, tech slowdown for very large civs to stop the largest civs always being the most advanced, and sometimes quick combat, where combat is only animated when there is a >1% chance that you won't win, which makes conquering a lot quicker.

Check out the thread for full details :)

Hello Dave.

I have downloaded your modmod and am currently trying it. So far, I noticed two things :
- Animals are reluctant to attack unless they have at least a fair chance of winning. Makes sense but takes time getting used to.
- CPs seem greedier in trade agreements.
More to follow.

Hi morchuflex, thanks for the feedback.

I haven't made any changes to specifically affect animal behavior, but I've made some changes that should make the AI make smarter decisions when deciding to attack in general, and (currently) that includes animals. Animals and Barbs should still be more reckless than AI civs, just not quite so much as before, as you are probably already aware previously animals choice to attack was purely random.

I've made a few changes to AI trade decisions, they shouldn't just be greedier in general there should be some logic behind it. Can you give an example?

I've made a few changes to AI trade decisions, they shouldn't just be greedier in general there should be some logic behind it. Can you give an example?
For instance, when I have a spare clam to trade, they're willing to give me a cow in exchange, but not a crab. Perhaps because, that early in the game (around 500 BC), a crab is more valuable than a cow, since you'll have a harbor (doubling the health bonus of a crab) sooner than a supermarket (doubling the effect of the cow).

For instance, when I have a spare clam to trade, they're willing to give me a cow in exchange, but not a crab. Perhaps because, that early in the game (around 500 BC), a crab is more valuable than a cow, since you'll have a harbor (doubling the health bonus of a crab) sooner than a supermarket (doubling the effect of the cow).

Yeah this will be the reason, since the AI now considers the buildings available that can add extra bonuses for the resource.

Top Bottom