v 25, Bugs/Crashes reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you have properly updated that?

I believe so, because i deleted all the XML files, i deleted all the python/screen files and replaced them with the new SVN ones.

EDIT: OK i did a complete deletion of my working files, and put in the SVN version, now it works:crazyeye::blush: sorry.

BTW, if you look real closely at the tiles in the city screen you can determine which ones are being worked. The symbols (hammers, bread & coins) are ever so slightly larger than on the tiles not being worked.

I get a CTD while trying to create a custom game. If I just hit "play now" it works, as does loading saved games. I deleted the previous version before installing v25.

Finally managed to get this to work without the weird crashing issues. Managed to fix my Firefox downloading issue and get the non-torrent version and started up a test game just fine. Still have to actually play but this is definitely improvement :D

Question: I just noticed that I couldn't build a 5th tracker. I had some running around earlier, but hadn't been paying attention to how many I actually had at one time (there are soooo many buildings to get done). Then one got killed by Neanderthals, so I qued up his replacement and decided to eventually fill them out and paid attention to them. Once I got 4 running around I couldn't build the 5th. It disapears off the selectable list (not greyed out, just gone). I'll have to check my settings, as I think I may have selected an option not show unbuildable units.

I'll update this thought sometime tomorrow once I take a closer look at my bug settings...

Two small things I noticed while playing (which I believe have been in game even before v25)

If you are using the "Garbage to Sea" Civic, the negative foreign relation modifier reads as "Your polluting the ocean!" and should of course be "You're polluting the ocean!" or "You are polluting the ocean!"

The Ho-Tai Library explicitly requires "Culture(Siamese)" and thus can only be built in the city where the culture wonder was built. Shouldn't this use the resource "Siamese", so you can build it anywhere as long as you have the correct culture built somewhere?

Other than these two little things, good job on this awesome mod!

My game crashed when centering my Viewport on a unit.
How do I find my current SVN Revision?View attachment 328128

According to the minidump this crash is occuring because when you hit the centering key no unit was selected (and I hadn't tested that case, which was bugged). I have pushed a fix to the SVN (rev 3280), but I'm fairly confident no unit was selected at the time - can you describe the circumstances more, and what unit you thought was/should be selected? (had you just come out of the military advisor or soemthing for instance?) ?

I think I had my warlord chief selected(I might have had a stack selected). Please change the distance a unit has to be from the edge of a viewport to be a customizable variable.

Praetyre:
I believe the "whole" Projects Hades has something wrong with it you just put in the SVN, it has like 10 error messages??

EDIT: Just looked closer at it, and it needs a schema in each of the files you included.

EDIT EDIT: nvm, i'll do it since its really only 1 file but in each folder, no biggy.

In my current eternity game (so goes back a week and a half or so), I got Great Prophets for Naturopathy and Mathematics (?). The city they showed up in had progress towards a GP remaining so I'm sure they weren't normally generated.

I don't remember if I mentioned it already (forgot to mark my notes if I did) but both Raft Building and Sailing allow trade across water and along rivers. That should probably be removed from Sailing since the other is, I think, a prereq. It's not a huge deal, I just teched farther along that path than I really needed to a couple of games ago due to confusion.

I don't remember if I mentioned it already (forgot to mark my notes if I did) but both Raft Building and Sailing allow trade across water and along rivers. That should probably be removed from Sailing since the other is, I think, a prereq. It's not a huge deal, I just teched farther along that path than I really needed to a couple of games ago due to confusion.

Thanks for pointing this out, I've fixed this so now only Raft Building has river trade enabled.

Two problems. 1) Resource button no longer works. The only thing that shows up when I click on it is mushrooms next to my city. The deer and bison and prime timber don't. This is using GEM map with random placement of civs. 2) Blue circle for suggested city placement no longer shows up. Either way, if it's the map or mod, there needs to be a patch.

I can't upload a save game because it's too big.

I reloaded my game to investigate my tracker issue and ran into a few obvious bugs (and have more info about the tracker and an associated question)

Bugs:
1. I've seen other map artifact displacements. In particular map additions (resources such as horses, and indigenous people statues) floating above their hexes (the horses at first looked like they were taking a swim in a coastal square). I've also seen (vulcano?) smoke displaced into a salt flat/desert area. Not sure if it was 'floating' too, but it was assurdely not in the right spot. FYI, turn change fixed the problem, but switching viewports prior to turn change did not.
*My appologizes if this is a known issue, I saw the bit on the highlight circle and the unit flag displacements*

2. Similar to the known USA flags issue, the French flags are now appearing as plain yellow. I think when I first encountered them they were normal, but now are plain yellow.
*My appologizes if this is a known issue, I saw the bit on the highlight circle and the unit flag displacements*

Possible Bug/Possible Newbie Misunderstanding:
1. Is it possible to permanently loose national units? If so how, or better yet is it documented somewhere? After further experimentation, it is clearly a case of permanently loosing the ability to build out the missing tracker. The 'Hide Untrainable Units' option is not selected, so its not that. I then self destroyed my remaining 4 trackers, then went to the next turn and entered my city screen. It stated that only 4 Trackers were available to be built. Hunters weren't available to me (currently researching Atlatl) at the time so I don't think its not a case of issue #2 below (unless there is some earlier tech that turns Trackers off?)

2. You are allowed 2 Thieves and 2 Rogues. Rogues replace Thieves. I built my Bandit's Hideout late, after Rogues were available to me. Once it was built the Theif unit disappeared from my city selection options as the Rogue unit became available (i.e. from darkened to lit). Again as noted above the 'Hide Untrainable Units' option was not selected. My initial guess is that once the newer/upgradable unit is available you loose access to the older one. However this isn't exactly a global case, (i.e. that assumption is not true with existing older units). Another experiment led me to learn that I could build 5 Hunters even when I had 4 Trackers still wandering around.

<snip>

I can't upload a save game because it's too big.

Compress it 1st with .zip, .rar, or .7z. Can't be bigger than 10 Mb! :eek:

JosEPh

Another problem. I went into Worldbuilder looking for city sites. Couldn't find any for my civilization, but there were plenty for other civs. But, some of them were in the middle of the ocean.

Tried with some other maps and setups. Same result. Resources don't show and no blue circles. Obviously something was changed that needs to be changed back. No more playing the mod until these and other problems get fixed with a patch. I don't do SVN, something about my machine doesn't like it.

I think it can. I'm playing a large map that's at 6.5 MB currently. I'm at the renaissance and it keeps growing.

But that is "Uncompressed". To upload to the site the "Compressed" file can't be bigger than 10Mb. Your savegame maybe 10Mb but it won't be 10Mb compressed. Rozumite' mne ted`?( Understand me now?). ;) And besides that you can't upload an Uncompressed file to the site as a savegame anyway.

JosEPh :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom