1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v 26, and above ALL Bugs/Crashes reporting thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

They don't match because AIAndy didn't update the PDB and DLL archive on his second push to SVN on the 15th (neither did Thunderbrd).

@DLL modders - please remember to do this or minidumps are rendered FAR les useful.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm in the middle of pushing that change now for my most recent btw... it takes a long time for some reason, despite it only being a few files, much longer than the main takes to push.

3. chueche

chueche Chieftain

I have a XML load error when i start the mod.

My SVN version is 3660 and the problem is in XML\units/civ4promotionlineinfos.xml

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Load error message pls from error message logs, thx.

5. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

It's due to a missing file, which it looks like Thunderbrd forgot to add in his last update (Civ4PromotionLineInfos.xml)...

Edit - additionally there is a coding issue that renders all save games incompatible. I'll correct it when I push my merged changes in a short while (but I don't have the missing file to add, so TB will need to do that part)

6. strategyonly

Yeppers i got this: (Fixed hopefully) thx.

7. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Ah, right, forgot to commit those, doing so right now (with a comment telling the revision they are from).

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

EoT Ctd. SVN 3654 updated this morning. Viewports not On.

Just click Red Button for EoT

JosEPh

Edit: after updating the SVN twice I got past the CTD now using version 3664. Don't know if this is related or is some of Hydro and Praetyre's changes but once I got past the CTD and 3 turns later advanced to Classical Era I lost the ability to build Lumber camps or Lumber jacks. Do not have tech yet for Lumber mills. All previously built camps/jacks are still functioning.

Edit2: still getting 2 xml errors. 1. failed loading xml file xml\Units/CIV4PromotionLineInfos.xml
    2. LoadXML call failed for units/CIV4PromotionLineInfos.xml

9. Overlord_58

Overlord_58 Chieftain

Ok im still not able to get this mod 2 work, and i tried every thing i could think of and im pretty sure its some small little thing i overlooked that is preventing this from working. I have beyond the sword patched 2 3.19, renamed the mod folder 2 the correct name and patched it,plush i tried deleting the cach folder in assets but it still crashes at int. XML (uncatched). Is there somthing im missing and what is svn version evry one keeps mentioning? Any ways so far this mod looks really good and im looking forward to playing, if i can ever get it 2 work and keep up the good work.

10. Taxman66

Taxman66 King

V26

Plant Picking Camp on an Incense tile, and hooked up with a trail path is not providing the Incense resource.

Only have the one near Corinth.

11. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

CTD on end turn, SVN 3664, no Viewports selected.

CTD also happens when I roll back to SVN 3652. Save file and MiniDump in the Zip file.

If I use Civ Picker and select Dido - Tibet, manually move Tibet's units, then Civ Pick back to Egypt, I can advance to the next turn. No CTD, but Egypt had no build or research. However the root cause of the CTD is not cleared because the CTD happens again on the next turn, and the next turn, etc....

12. strategyonly

I am still getting this error? SVN 3666

13. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I'm getting it too, and it's shutting off Martial Arts and Policing promotions for some just-built Shaolin Monks.

14. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Three minor text bugs:

Civilopedia popups for promotions have a blank line at the top. See the blank line at the top of this screenshot (above the "Can Use Enemy Roads"). I'm wondering if this related to the Promotions XML error.

View attachment 331250

What's with the Dodge and Precision wordings? They are showing up even on units that shouldn't have them, like a Taoist Missionary. I also feel really jarred by the wordings; I think they aren't meshing with the standard wording set by other unit abilities. I would prefer something simpler, like "+50% to avoid hits" and "+50% to hit". What's the source of that ability as well? It doesn't seem to come from a promotion.

View attachment 331252

Buildings with effects that reduce Anarchy have a weird blank line after the text for the reduction for the anarchy length. See the attached screenshot for the Supreme Court.

It seems to me that the game is actually drawing on the Civ4GameTextInfos.xml file in the base Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Text folder, but I don't know why that should cause an extra blank line.

View attachment 331253

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Alright, it seems people are getting confused by Dodge and Precision being a 50% base. I'll make a pointed change there so it doesn't show up on unmodified units. No problem.

I'll have to see what's gone wrong with the PromotionLine now...

EDIT: Ah... crap... you guys didn't get that file from my last push? Wow... oops. Ok... will repair immediately.

EDIT: OK, sorry I didn't realize I'd not selected that file to go into the SVN (I guess I so rarely add files I assumed it would have preselected that one...) Anyhow, its in there now. Fix complete.

16. krushyn

krushyn Warlord

:cry:How for love of God the Barbarian Duck can take my worker? A duck?!! :trouble:

17. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

SVN 3668: The PromotionLine error is fixed, but Dodge and Precision are still showing up (I'm not sure if that was supposed to be fixed in this revision or not) . Two other things I noticed:

• Building and inherent promotions are still non-functioning. I can train Shaolin Monks, but they are only showing up with Combat I (I have Flavian Amphitheatre in the building city). They should have many more promotions: Martial Arts I-II-III, Medic I, and Policing I are inherent, and then some other promotions from various buildings, including Honor from Shinto Jingu and Pankration from Hellenic Monastery.
    • I can't build Lumbermills on Forest/Tundra squares. Deliberate change?

18. shenryyr

shenryyr serval

not quite sure if bug or intended, but upon discovering two new civs, they are minor civs(we are not), but we do not start at war with them, nor can we discuss anything with them. so it's impossible to war with them?

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

iirc You need spice trade tech to be able to trade incense (or have it show up in your city).

You have been told since Civ I that traveling in the wild is dangerous and your workers and settlers should not do it unprotected. Now you know why.

20. strategyonly

Also i noticed in Vokarya #254 2nd pic he has a 4000ish income at 100%, i had that also in the Ren Era, something looks like it not calculating correctly?? Just guessing:dunno:

My highest Pop was 30ish in the Capital, and only half of what he has for cities?

Also (if he didnt cheat) how did he get ALL those religions in EACH city? Somethings wrong there also, should be alot harder than that, thats just way to much culture/science etc for each city to have, might have to put a cap on how many religions a city can have, or make it waaaay harder to do that.