v 26, and above ALL Bugs/Crashes reporting thread

SVN 3668: The PromotionLine error is fixed, but Dodge and Precision are still showing up (I'm not sure if that was supposed to be fixed in this revision or not) . Two other things I noticed:

• Building and inherent promotions are still non-functioning. I can train Shaolin Monks, but they are only showing up with Combat I (I have Flavian Amphitheatre in the building city). They should have many more promotions: Martial Arts I-II-III, Medic I, and Policing I are inherent, and then some other promotions from various buildings, including Honor from Shinto Jingu and Pankration from Hellenic Monastery.
  • I can't build Lumbermills on Forest/Tundra squares. Deliberate change?
Dodge and Precision are still yet to be tweaked to not show on default value (which, after further consideration, I'm probably changing to 100% anyhow) This is an easy fix but i've been focused on some other issues. I'll try to fit it in on the next merge later tonight hopefully.

I caught a bug in the new processing of promotions that would account for problems with free promos again. That will be resolved in the next push.

The Lumbermill issue is likely a result of the new multiple feature mod so... AIAndy? Any insights?

not quite sure if bug or intended, but upon discovering two new civs, they are minor civs(we are not), but we do not start at war with them, nor can we discuss anything with them. so it's impossible to war with them?
War does not need to be established for a Minor Civ to be considered 'at war' with you. They are by default of being a minor civ at war with the world. (Much like Barbarians... in fact, they're probably Barbarians that became a civilization.)

Also i noticed in Vokarya #254 2nd pic he has a 4000ish income at 100%, i had that also in the Ren Era, something looks like it not calculating correctly?? Just guessing:dunno:

My highest Pop was 30ish in the Capital, and only half of what he has for cities?

Also (if he didnt cheat) how did he get ALL those religions in EACH city? Somethings wrong there also, should be alot harder than that, thats just way to much culture/science etc for each city to have, might have to put a cap on how many religions a city can have, or make it waaaay harder to do that.
Sounds like his method of building for food is simply stronger than yours or, more likely, he may not be as hindered by the difficulty setting he's on as you are.

As for religions in each city... if I don't have all religions. or at least the majority, in all cities by Scientific Method I'm really not living up to my self-expectations very well.

War does not need to be established for a Minor Civ to be considered 'at war' with you. They are by default of being a minor civ at war with the world. (Much like Barbarians... in fact, they're probably Barbarians that became a civilization.)

when beginning a new game with start as minor civs, when they begin to appear on the score list, they have the crossed swords 'at war' icon next to them. however these minor civs which I just discovered with my caravel do not at have that at war icon

Dodge and Precision are still yet to be tweaked to not show on default value (which, after further consideration, I'm probably changing to 100% anyhow) This is an easy fix but i've been focused on some other issues. I'll try to fit it in on the next merge later tonight hopefully.

I caught a bug in the new processing of promotions that would account for problems with free promos again. That will be resolved in the next push.

My rogues with combat 6 promo - one is showing -105% str and other +45%. And bamboo armorer + riding school do not give free promotions as they should (Vokarya has mentioned that).

Please fix that promo stuff asap, the current game is unplayable for a week or so, as i have constant wars with neighbours.

Okay, so I have two things to report, the first has undoubtedly been reported several dozen times (I haven't actually read anything before page 14) In that the volcano events are annoying.

The second I noticed, I forget where, but should be easy enough to use the search and replace feature in the XML files is the word Soilder instead of Soldier. Sure is a minor problem that is only aesthetic and not game-breaking in any way, shape or form, but as a grammar nazi is a pain on the eyes.

EDIT: Oh! Now I remember where I saw soilder - the civics screen.

My rogues with combat 6 promo - one is showing -105% str and other +45%. And bamboo armorer + riding school do not give free promotions as they should (Vokarya has mentioned that).

Please fix that promo stuff asap, the current game is unplayable for a week or so, as i have constant wars with neighbours.

Yep... highest priority of course. We had a semi-stable version with hidden pitfalls so Koshling and I are working out a new method and I'm finding its also got its own set of issues at the moment, not all of which I was able to wrap up tonight but we'll have 'r dun by eod tomorrow I think.

EoT Ctd. SVN 3654 updated this morning. Viewports not On.

Just click Red Button for EoT

JosEPh

Edit: after updating the SVN twice I got past the CTD now using version 3664. Don't know if this is related or is some of Hydro and Praetyre's changes but once I got past the CTD and 3 turns later advanced to Classical Era I lost the ability to build Lumber camps or Lumber jacks. Do not have tech yet for Lumber mills. All previously built camps/jacks are still functioning.

Edit2: still getting 2 xml errors. 1. failed loading xml file xml\Units/CIV4PromotionLineInfos.xml
2. LoadXML call failed for units/CIV4PromotionLineInfos.xml

Confirmed that I also cannot reproduce this CTD (so I think it was a transient bug in a small number of SVN revisions).

CTD on end turn, SVN 3664, no Viewports selected.

CTD also happens when I roll back to SVN 3652. Save file and MiniDump in the Zip file.

If I use Civ Picker and select Dido - Tibet, manually move Tibet's units, then Civ Pick back to Egypt, I can advance to the next turn. No CTD, but Egypt had no build or research. However the root cause of the CTD is not cleared because the CTD happens again on the next turn, and the next turn, etc....

I can reproduce this one however, and am looking at it now

Edit - and now understood. Fix will be on SVN shortly.

I tried the latest update this morning, and it looks like the free promotions issue has been fixed. There's a new bug involving free promotions; if you have a unit that gets a promotion for free from any source, all other promotions in that line don't count towards raising the unit's cost for its next promotion. Here is what I found:

I am playing as Qin Shi Huang, whose Protective trait grants free City Garrison I and Drill I promotions. I was able to promote some newly-trained Longbowmen units all the way to City Garrison III and Drill IV and it didn't count toward their XP costs.

I also have a city with Flavian Amphitheatre and Shaolin Temple (it's my early military city), so I could train Shaolin Monks with Combat I for free. I could produce Shaolin Monks that could promote all the way to Combat VI and Policing V. For some reason, Policing V counted as a promotion, but previous ones didn't. The Longbowmen from the previous example did count Combat promotions, and I think it was because they were from a different city and didn't have a free Combat I from any source.

Also i noticed in Vokarya #254 2nd pic he has a 4000ish income at 100%, i had that also in the Ren Era, something looks like it not calculating correctly?? Just guessing:dunno:

My highest Pop was 30ish in the Capital, and only half of what he has for cities?

Also (if he didnt cheat) how did he get ALL those religions in EACH city? Somethings wrong there also, should be alot harder than that, thats just way to much culture/science etc for each city to have, might have to put a cap on how many religions a city can have, or make it waaaay harder to do that.

This is my first game on the GEM map (although with unrestricted leaders, no preset civilizations, and no preset resources). That's where all my wealth is coming from and how I have so many cities. I currently control all of the Americas except for a Native-American Alaska and a part-Persian South America. I'm waiting for a peace treaty to expire there, but I can probably research my way to Matchlock and really hit hard. (Seven field armies in the area, currently Swordsmen and Trebuchets.)

When it comes to land use, I am a relentless farmer. I usually farm everything possible, mine what isn't farmable, and only cottage if that's the only option. That's how my cities got so large. I'm in the Americas, and I noticed North America is awesome land because it's virtually all flat land and lots of rivers.

As far as getting religions goes, I think I got very lucky with Flexible Difficulty. Since we make so many changes to the mod between versions and games go so long, I always start new games at Noble so I don't get blindsided by anything, but Flexible Difficulty means I eventually settle at a particular level for the long game. Generally, in the Prehistoric Era, my difficulty level drops by one or two before it starts to rise until it hits whatever plateau I set. This was the first game in a long time that I took the maximum difficulty off and so the difficulty is currently on Deity. While the difficulty was lowered, I was able to get an early Tribe from a Tribal Village, and then things kind of snowballed from there. I know I always skip Druidic Traditions and Shamanism because they don't have any Wonders; I try to skip religions that don't have wonders, although I've come to realize that on a big map the Circus Maximus is a de facto Tengrii wonder because that's the only way you will ever get enough Hippodromes!

The recent changes to religion techs destroyed one of my favorite minor Wonder strategies (Sedentary Lifestyle - Sacrifice Cult - found Naghualism - switch to Divine Cult - build Tlaloc's Altar - then switch to State Church and run that until Alamut - then free Church. Naghualism is all the way in the Classical Era now, so I can't do that.)

The sevopedia index only goes up to B. Should I not be using it? Also, has the issue of floating resources been fixed when using viewports? Haven't used them since several SVN updates ago. I would go into the military advisor as suggested and it would fix some but new ones would pop up.

The Lumbermill issue is likely a result of the new multiple feature mod so... AIAndy? Any insights?

I don't have lumber mills yet, but I can't build lumber camps or jacks either now. Part of the same problem? And this is Any where on the map, not just forest/tundra.

Something really needs to be done to help out Windmills and Water Mills they both are 2nd class tile improvements. And whatever was done to cottages? The AI now Loves it. Reminds me of early RoM when the AI would build cottages on hills instead of mines and chop forests to build cottages there too.

JosEPh

@Thunderbrd

attached a pic -> we discovered these two minor civs and are at peace(cannot declare war), this area is Xiongnu, a minor civ, but we cannot move our cogs into their waters

The sevopedia index only goes up to B. Should I not be using it?
It is a problem with the new traits. Looks like the sevopedia has a really weird way to get their pedia information. I don't like that and it does not really make any sense. At least I don't see why it is done as the trait info can have a Civilopedia key itself.

I tried the latest update this morning, and it looks like the free promotions issue has been fixed. There's a new bug involving free promotions; if you have a unit that gets a promotion for free from any source, all other promotions in that line don't count towards raising the unit's cost for its next promotion. Here is what I found:

I am playing as Qin Shi Huang, whose Protective trait grants free City Garrison I and Drill I promotions. I was able to promote some newly-trained Longbowmen units all the way to City Garrison III and Drill IV and it didn't count toward their XP costs.

I also have a city with Flavian Amphitheatre and Shaolin Temple (it's my early military city), so I could train Shaolin Monks with Combat I for free. I could produce Shaolin Monks that could promote all the way to Combat VI and Policing V. For some reason, Policing V counted as a promotion, but previous ones didn't. The Longbowmen from the previous example did count Combat promotions, and I think it was because they were from a different city and didn't have a free Combat I from any source.
Ok. I know that effect and why and where it would manifest that problem but it might take me some time to uproot what's causing it. The rest of my day is spoken for. Maybe much later this evening. And if not, late tomorrow evening. I've run out of modding time for a bit.

Koshling, if you wish to look into this in my absence, what's happening is somehow the retrain mechanism is being incorrectly triggered. May have been a mistake I might've made when going through and getting the freepromotion count to update before the actual promotion was given.

@Thunderbrd

attached a pic -> we discovered these two minor civs and are at peace(cannot declare war), this area is Xiongnu, a minor civ, but we cannot move our cogs into their waters
I'm thinking this is a result of a failure to achieve a war declaration because the civilization emerged from barbarism where you had no visibility or even former knowledge of the city. It fails, therefore to give you cause to see the war declaration event that's paired with the civ's emergence, but as a minor civ, its still an open battle scenario like with barbs so when you find it, you aren't at war 'technically', the game assumes you already are, and while you can clash, you can't enter their borders without a declaration of war, which you can't do because you already are. Something like that.

Sadly, I don't know where any of that is taking place so without a lot of research, I can't fix it. This puts it on the 'known bug' list unless AIAndy or Koshling know where to uproot this issue.

Could you post the save please

Could you post the save please

Here are two saves, one just before building new units and one after building them and promoting a couple. On the Unit Testing save, Orleans is going to train 3 Shaolin Monks and Rouen is going to train 2 Longbowmen on the next turn.

On the Unit Testing 2 save, I was able to promote a Shaolin Monk to Combat VI and Policing V and only Policing V increased the unit's XP cost for its next level. I was also able to promote a Longbowman to City Garrison III and Drill III without increasing the XP for the next promotion at all.

OK, but I don't think it works that way for any other resource; or if it does I hadn't noticed it. :rolleyes:

Squash, Pumpkin and melon are all visible very early (gathering) but you don't get them for trade etc for a long time, agriculture or irrigation iirc. In fact in normal BtS it is usual to see a resource before you can use it.

v26p1

completed researching Liberalism and Versailles on the same turn- Liberalism tech window pops up, then choose free tech window, then versailles video- and then text says "You have already chosen your free tech(s)" instead of giving us the tech.

Top Bottom