v1.983 - v1.483 - v1.183

is this version more modern than the version given in the standard BTS updates ( the ones the Game automatically looks for?)

thanks Walliard, where is it do you download a patch?

incan are always the weakest civ in the map. Aztec are always destroy by europeeans, but in real history, it was an incredible luck who allow europeans destroy this civilization, and they were not so weak in technology, by example, they knew astronomy better than european and they discovered paper before them.
QUOTE] Havent gotten to download new version yet but a weakened aztec and Incas sound better than a stronger and unconquerable one. Particually when the AI captures Mexico city and makes Aztecs there vassal.

Looking foward to playing, do the arabs conquer the majority of North Africa or only Egypt and Libya, either will be a welcome change, amphibious attacks sound impresseve as well.

Havent gotten to download new version yet but a weakened aztec and Incas sound better than a stronger and unconquerable one. Particually when the AI captures Mexico city and makes Aztecs there vassal.

I disagree. I love strong Aztecs (particulary ones that invade Japan :)) as they're the only rivals to america in that can invade them without colapsing.

I dislike strong atzecs - they are supposed to be usually conquered. A strong Atzecland for me is a European AI failing even to imitate competentness.

And the default Stability system is a little bit too harsh.

I agree, wont download for till weekend but conquereing the the natives in the Americas is part of europes history, and as far as i know not a "chance occurence". Would be good to see the aztecs or incas kick out a invader once in a while but to usually see them be conquered for a while, and then become mexico and peru/chile when they reappear.

spain did not send cortez with a war declaration, an army and a plan of conquer.

they sent him on a mission to discover new lands to settle in that have wealth to be obtained, and he found one. he found an empire that was partially dependent on its neighboring slave-states, with a wealth they did not know how to use. they used their wealth for pagan purposes, their gold was used to make statues for their gods, they worshiped the animals near them and the elements of weather. they did not view themselves so much an "empire" as a lineage descended from their gods. they were a strong empire nonetheless. on to cortez and their defeat.

When it was known to spain that those who went there were said to be savages, barbarians worse than the ones of european history who had mass wealth, spain was interested in them. cortez did not like their ways, and was able to get their slave-states to rebel. many of his troops came from those ranks. his own troops did seemingly little more than clean up messes afterward. still with no true military support from spain, he was able to cause an internal collapse that sent their region into chaos.

so.

i really like the aztecs being able to compete with america on the west coast and i like the jap/aztec war and khmer/aztecs. its also funny when they settle pacific islands. not efficient, but still funny. i wish they could remain strong and have an option to resist conquer but the real aztecs, had they driven out cortez, spain would have declared war, and it would have been over fast. i like strong aztec, but i agree they were destined to fail.

in the new version the aztecs are toooooooo weaaaaak!

They should be that way.

But I agree with the fact that the Mongols should conquer China easly. I mean not only did they do that in several years, they conquered all the way to the middle east! Something should be changed to make it easier for the Mongols to conquer China.

More starting units for the AI, maybe?

They should be that way.

Why? Mexico was the biggest city in the world during the 13e and 14e century. The aztec empire was one of the most populated empire in the world. Their army was innumerable and their society was very godd organized. In fact the aztec empire was more advanced technologicaly than Japan or europeean country(in the astronomic and mathematic category). They knew paper before a lot of countries in europe. But in Rhye's and fall they are not only not advanced in weapons technology(as they should be) but in the other category too! In a lot of game europeeans discover calendar before them!
No really is that good reasons to make this empire more strong!

In fact the aztec empire was more advanced technologicaly than Japan or europeean country(in the astronomic and mathematic category).

They were not. Did the Atzecs know the earth is round?

and their society was very godd organized.

And that's why their vassals rebelled against them on a whim.

heir army was innumerable and their society was very godd organized. In fact the aztec empire was more advanced technologicaly than Japan or europeean country(in the astronomic and mathematic category).
^

Their army was so good, it fell to small rebel soldier/spanish soldier gorilla units. their technology was so advanced they were worshiping horses instead of harnessing them, and they were using bronze spears. instead of generating currency or wealth with their gold, they only made idols and decorations with it.

if you want a REAL aztec power, then make it yourself! play a game as them, bulk them up as fast as you can, then change to america and protect them. you will get strong aztecs.

europeans didn't know that the earth was round too...
Their calendra was more precises than our calendar, they knew that eclipses was only an astronomic phenomenon, not like european who thank that was a surnatural thing.
yes their weapons was not good but they built an gigantic city on tthe water and they built a wall to separate salt water and normal water! They had aqueducts(europeans didn't have that).
I don't say that they qere more advanced than europeans but that they sgould be more advanced in the game were they seems to begin at the prehistorical age!

Top Bottom