1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v19 bugs and crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Good answer, but i am looking at why it isn't grayed out to begin with, rather than wasting time seeing it in the queue as buildable when it actually isnt?

2. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Maybe it changes between blockade and no blockade.

3. strategyonly

Crash Dump, i was going to attack a viper, but it might be that i now am required them to 0 units, because of the laser stuff going on???

4. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Which revision is that crash from? I need to know that to open it.

5. strategyonly

I believe its the one before this last one?:blush:

6. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Either this crash is entirely in the EXE or it does not load the symbols properly for me. That revision is one that Koshling compiled so maybe he can have a look if it loads the symbols for him.

7. strategyonly

Try it once with 1452??:dunno:

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

CTD while using minimap. Revision 1384.

JosEPh

Edit 2nd CTD this time scrolling on main screen. Game wanted to go to next unit but I clicked on a different city. Same revision.

Minidump shown is latest. Forgot to rename and overwrote 1st one. But I think AIAndy already had it.

9. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@AIAndy,
    See Post above.

JosEPh

10. strategyonly

Had this python error??

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
    File "Partisan", line 512, in onCombatResult
    RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

thx for fixing

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

My fault. Fix going in the svn soonish. ;)

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I hope the minimap scroll/click CTD gets figured out. Here's another one. I forgot and clicked on the minimap after 3 hard fought turns fighting 2 AI and lost all 3 turns. :/ :(

JosEPh

13. tebriz

tebriz Warlord

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Another CTD. This time I had brought the leader list back up that sits in the lower right corner and when I clicked on Joao, CTD.

I'm only getting 3 to 4 turns accomplished each evening and these map clicking CTDs are causing me to lose a turn or 2 that I have to redo the next night. I've replayed 2009AD thru 2011AD 3 times now. And lost the last 2 turns again. :cringe: I'm trying to save every other turn. But these hit at totally unexpected times.

Are these minidumps providing any clues? Possible fixes? Suggestions?

I can see the same problems I'm having repeating themselves in v20.

Revision 1384. Savegame also attached.

JosEPh :(

15. strategyonly

A suggestion, why not update to the latest SVN, it might have been fixed already, infact i am sure it might have already?? Not sure though:crazyeye: I change my game like fifteen times because of the newer SVN all the time, it really helps to be updated, besides there is a check in it before each game starts that re-does the calculations anyways this way.

16. strategyonly

The 2nd tracker (in city limits) just goes back and forth but going NO place:crazyeye:

This is just the beginning of a new game and only one city??

EDIT: Just had a Minidump about ten to fifteen turns later:mad: (The autosave is a regular save and it just CTD's when it tries to load it) Its the latest SVN copy) 1495

EDIT EDIT: Another crash dump:mad::mad:

EDIT EDIT EDIT: And yet another??

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Because of the changes made it will most likely screw this game up. I can't afford to go negative in Gold, research, or production by the new changes as that will cause my Empire to be overran. I've been at war for over 600 game years with 2 and as many as 4 AI at a time. I'm not in the tech lead and even a 1 or 2 turn for a Civic change anarchy period could spell my doom.

And the problems are all with the minimap scrolling and main screen scrolling, with this last one being with the AI leader list in the bottom right corner. I don't see how updating the SVN will fix this.

18. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

As far as I can tell from the minidumps it's crashign outside the DLL, so probably a graphic asset issue. However, I'm not certain I'm loading the minidump/trying to attach the PDB correctly, so I'd appreciate if AIAndy could confirm that diagnosis.

I've also downloaded your save games and am having a look now to see if I can see issues (starting with your tracker issue)...

19. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

I usually copy the minidump into the BtS exe folder and also the DLL and PDB if it is not compiled by me (otherwise it finds those on its own). Then I open the Minidump there (it automatically opens with VC++). Debug into the dump and it displays information. If it loads the symbols correctly, the code lines are displayed for the parts in the DLL.
    The second one is entirely outside the DLL.
    The first one on the other hand has some lines in the DLL but then crashes outside of it. What I don't get is how he gets to the crashing point from CvUnitAI::AI_update(). The line does not seem like it would execute anything outside the DLL next so the information might be incorrect.

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@SO,
    I updated and now remember why I had not done so before. I have Israel as a AI neighbor. Boy did that wreak havoc on my game. Multiple Non-Fatal Errors, Rampant starvation, loss of gold per turn, loss of newly acquired tech, all the while being under heavy invasions from 2 AI. And I just keep hitting a ceiling at getting past 2012AD on Epic in this game! Every time for the last 3 days while trying to get to a good point to save the turn I get a scrolling CTD. :cry: :mad: This IS the farhest I've ever made it in a C2C game before a new version comes out. <sigh>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.