1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v19 bugs and crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EldrinFal

EldrinFal King

I guess I just never paid close attention before. It isn't critical anyway.

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

@DH

Current SVN, some of the Subdued Animals aren't working correctly?

Plus Subdued Walrus and Subdued Wolverine.

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I think I fixed all that in my latest update. I am about half way through doing changes and have an appointment soon so just put the fixes I found up also.

4. strategyonly

Here is what i get with the latest SVN: Then it doesnt load any of the SA stuff.

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Fixed now.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I am now getting the problem that my stacks of units are going into sentry mode. My hunter, with subdued animals. just attacked and won a battle. It should have had one move left after the attack but it had been put into sentry mode. Clicking on the stack and waking it did not work. I had to click on the stack and separate the units. I could then remake the stack and move it.

7. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

This sounds like it relates to the recent WFoC fix (which was to do with some units in a stack having run our of movement but not others, in which case the entire stack gets sentried. However, your case presumbaly has ALL units still able to move or else you wouldn't have been able to move the stack again after reforming it. Just to clarify though - you DO mean that you were able to reform and move EVERYTHING that was stacked don't you? Or do you just mean you were able to split off the hunter (and maybe some other units that also had movement left) leaving the newly-subdued animal behind (i.e. - unstacking it)? If you mean the latter (that you had to leave something behind that was part of the stack (even if it only became part of the stack due to subduing code) then it's something I understand, and I can easil address itr by just making the WFoC fix apply only to AI units (since humans don't get stuck figuring out the need for a stack break!)...

Edit - ok - I have made this apply only to AI stacks (which is necessary to fix the WFoC) - let me know if it resolves your problem...

8. strategyonly

I have been noticing lately, that the WORKERs go into sentry mode also, when i start a re-game, when i had them on automate before i saved the game and left. Sometimes it happens when i want them to go to a certain spot on the map, and half-way through they just stop and SENTRY mode?? This happend in Medieval Era. (Now this is not ALL the time, just some of the time, just a little weird is all.

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

This won't be the exact same issue, but it's possible it could be AI code being mis-applied to human automated workers. I'll take a quick look and see if I can see anything obvious.

Edit - took a quick look, and I couldn't see an issue of the type I thought might be behind this, so I'll need a reproducible case in a save game to debug the issue at some point (though it doesn't strike me as a critical issue so might not be a priority (?))

10. Rasma

Rasma Warlord

If I had to guess it would be the solution to nothing left to build is to sentry until something else can be worked on

11. TheDisco

TheDisco Warlord

I just noticed that some of the combat adjustments for promotions aren't working right. I didn't do extensive testing, but the following situations had the combat odds calculated incorrectly I believe.

First, the unit in question had the following promotions: 1) Strength, 2) Woodsman I, 3) Wetlands Combat I, and 4/5) Arctic Combat I/II

This unit went into combat twice and both times the combat adjustments were incorrect:

1) Defending in a Forest/Lush tile. It made all of the proper combat adjustments except for the 50% Lush defense

2) Defending in a Forest/Permafrost tile. It again made all of the proper combat adjustments except for the 50% Permafrost defense

Therefore, it looks like these terrain specific promotion combat adjustments are not applying, at least in the case where there is another feature on top of this terrain (e.g. forest). I didn't test the situation where it was a bare terrain tile (although that is a rarer case anyway). I don't think this is intended behavior, as I thought it should apply all the relevant promotions for the tile features?

Note that I am running v19 main (with the patch DLL).

12. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

The defensive bonuses for terrain are not applied if the unit is on a feature. This applies to both inherent modifiers and promotion provided modifiers. Well, not unless the DLL is fixed to make it not do that (whcih apparently it isn't). It just requires removing an "else" in both CvUnit::maxCombatStr and CvGameTextMgr::setCombatPlotHelp to get it to use and show both.

I recently changed this for Final Frontier Plus for the next version (which has always had the weird property that the 3 levels of armor promotions did not work in star systems or asteroid fields, or when on any other feature for that matter but those are the only 2 you'd spend any time on). The Babylon 5 mod's latest version already uses a DLL with this change (sneak preview of a few new things, more or less).

The same situation exists with the terrain and feature attack modifiers as well. (Not fixed in FFP. Not yet, anyway, since there is only 1 kind of terrain in FFP so having a terrain attack modifier is somewhat pointless for us. If you were wondering.)

13. TheDisco

TheDisco Warlord

Really? For instance we get both the hill and the forest bonus when on a forested hill, that I am certain. It just seems pretty inconsistent that a feature will eliminate the terrain bonuses for promotions like you say.

Does it eliminate the bonus even if the feature is something like tall grass? That would mean that if you have the lush defense promotion (50% defense bonus in lush) it wouldn't apply if it was a lush tile with tall grass on it. That makes this promotion fairly worthless because rarely does a lush tile not have some sort of feature on it (e.g., coconut, bamboo, tall grass, etc).

Thanks for the clarification though, even if I think the way it works currently isn't the way it should...

14. TheDisco

TheDisco Warlord

I'm starting to double check the math in the game while I play just to make sure things are working correctly. As you guys pile on the awesome features (this is my favorite mod by far) I'm worried the math will get messed up which, in my mind, is the core of the game. A castle in the sand if the math can't be counted on.

Looks like the promotion/terrain bonus problem I described is a known "feature" of how bonuses are applied. I disagree with how it works, but if that's how it works it is just something I need to work around.

Another problem I'm noticing is I don't think city defense is being calculated correctly. In fact it is weird enough I can't exactly describe it. First of all, there are two different places it is shown. One on the top of the city screen where you mouse over to get the detailed calculation. And one on the city icon itself on the map.

1) First, these two calculations don't match usually. At first I thought it was just showing building defense rating on the city icon, while the city screen calculation included both building defense as well as culture defense (as well as sometimes including terrain defense). But after a while it seemed too inconsisent for that, and often they would differ significantly in no rational way.

2) Sometimes after building a defense building it won't add defense rating to the total, or it will add defense to building portion but subtract the same amount from culture portion

3) Sometimes the culture bonus dissapears altogether after building something. Sometimes it is additive to building bonus and sometimes not.

4) One specific problem, is the cave dwelling 50% bonus doesn't obsolete consistently. It obsoletes when you look at the detailed calculation in the city screen, but it is still applied on the city icon. Not sure which one the game actually uses for combat calculations, but I think it is the one on the city icon.

Bottom line, is the two places that you can view what your city defense rating is are calculated differently and inconsistently. And that often both of the calculation look way off. I think there are some serious problems with this defense rating, particularly as the game progresses.

15. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

If you're up for some testing work, to isolate changes that cause the state to go from consistent/correct to inconsistent/incorrect (building something, cultural expansion, whatever) and can post a save game of the (end of) the turn before the calculation goes wrong (so that in processign end-turn it goes from correct to incorrect), then I'll happily take a look at it.

In general the best approach (at least initially) to this sort of thing is to use advanced start in a 1-civ (player only), small map game. That way you can control the state of the test city failry well and leave extraneous information out, which speeds the debugign process considerably.

I'll take a look at fixing the feature-blocks-terrain issue for the attack/defense mods later today.

16. TheDisco

TheDisco Warlord

Yeah, I'll try to figure out what is going on a bit better with city defense wierdness.

Although, one thing that definately works inconsistently is the cave dwelling wonder. It is suppose to obsolete at some point (forgot the tech) but after the tech is researched it is only obsoleted on the calculation within the city screen, not on the calculation on the city icon itself.

17. strategyonly

Thx alot for ideas and suggestions, it is people like you that want to help out and stuff, that makes this one of the BEST mods in Civ4 today, so many many thx, and i hope you and Koshling can get this stuff figured out.:)

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

When I build any unit, in the city screen all the obsolete buildings, wonders and otherwise, show as contributing their effects to the unit. I have mentioned this a few times. ;)

19. strategyonly

C2C Modders:

Something strange going on with the buildings lately, or again i should say. I put the Rope Weaver's Hut in the queue and it keeps coming back 1 turn but not building it??

Also if i put the Cannon Forge in the Capital city island (infact any on that island) to be built, with a bunch of other buildings, it keeps kicking it out of the queue??

EDIT: OK it happened to the Hunter Camp also????:crazyeye:

Cant remember whom wrote a little while back about the Blue Circles not being there for settlers, well in my game they are, And i am in the Renaissance Era???

20. TheDisco

TheDisco Warlord

Just a hunch, but is that city Manaku connected to your internal trade network via the Sailing tech (e.g., trade along coast)? If so, that barbarian ship in your screenshots may be disrupting your trade routes and cutting off the resources needed to build the Rope Weavers Hut and the Hunters Camp. I believe Rope Weavers hut needs cloth or leather to be built, while Hunters Camp needs pelts I believe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.