v21 bugs and crashes

Playing SVN 1816 or so, I realized something strange and to me it is a bug:

The situation was that I had some heavy spy operations going on in the russian city of Yaroslavl (see screenie below):
after about four times spending a few thousand spy points on "aiding rebel faction"
- while talking russia into war with Inca on other continent and switching their civic continuosly back to mine, Pacifism (another name for passive-agressive^^) -
I staged some anti-war rallys and a final "aid rebels"
and out of the sudden no "civilized" revolutionaries evolved (like a "free russian army") but barbarians.
I haven't had active battles in the region of the rebelling enemy border city so there was none of my culture there or any other civs, I suppose, that's why rebels that spawned where barbarians, who had a nearby city earlier on as during the stoneage as I remember now...

I would suggest that no barbarians spawn at such constellations - but rebel armies instead, armies that have to be supported by the staging "big brother" of these events (in this case me, the player). A popup could ask me if I am willing to pay the price for the uprising (like, for example, those: -2 relations with all other civs if it is found out that I staged it. "You finance civil wars that cost a lot of innocent lives for your political goals" as well as a further - 2 relations hit chance if youre pacifistic "You're a dangerous hypocrite" [each one 25-75% chance, regarding how much I points I spent to trigger event(s)] as well as a - gold/turn)I think 300(renaissance)-3000(modern) gold/turn for like 30-40 mediocre rebel troops which I couldn't move (but yet heal with my surgents like in a humanitarian mission of civil wars) would be ok.
Somehow the stupidness of AI regarding the spy mechanics and possibilities has to be balanced, I believe. [as well as their inability to overcome a series of well placed forts...]

Or do you guys consider playing dirty pacifism is a no-no in civ as there is no way to adjust AI to it in some ways??

At moderators: If you might put it in another thread or create a new one I don't mind

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 88
It is part of revolutions and I think "we" are going to have to do some serious work with RevDCM as we have changed so much. Crime for instance is approximated in RevDCM but we are moving towards a quantitative value so we should feed back into RevDCM. This is happening on many fronts. It will be a big job.

I Hope that C2C will "evolve" past the need for REVDCM.

Just as I feel that it has Already evolved past the need for City Limits. As City Limits are imho redundant now and only hurt the AI. I'm a profound City Spammer, that being said, with the changes in C2C since version17 you can not Spam cities like you used to do. Therefore City Limits is a waste of Mod space and coding and actually hurts the AI because it will hang on to a Restricted Civic that it would in vanilla BtS consider to be "its" normal Gov't Civic. Please consider it's removal.

JosEPh :)

And please also consider taking out unit production off automated city gov.
I like to build cities but I do not like them to spam masses of unpromoted archers or gunpowder units. I just want them for automated building building. For military units I have my specialiced cities which I never automate. Like it is now I have to micromanage all ~25 cities instead of only a handful. I really liked the option to automate a city for 1) food 2) production 3)military 4)science 5)gold is that possible? maybe with shortcuts? for instance if I am in a city and press control+1 I make a queue which I can use in other cities (sadly not so good as cities tend to have other buildings present so pasted queues don't usually match up too good) - what if pressing alt+1 (+2,+3,+4,+5) would focus the production of the city to above defined goals?

Just as I feel that it has Already evolved past the need for City Limits. As City Limits are imho redundant now and only hurt the AI. I'm a profound City Spammer, that being said, with the changes in C2C since version17 you can not Spam cities like you used to do. Therefore City Limits is a waste of Mod space and coding and actually hurts the AI because it will hang on to a Restricted Civic that it would in vanilla BtS consider to be "its" normal Gov't Civic. Please consider it's removal.

Removing it would be pointless since there is already a game option to turn it off.

Besides which, it was specifically added to C2C for perfectly good reasons.

Not sure if this is a bug or if I just got incredibly lucky. My level 2 scout was attacked by a cobra every turn for five turns. The first four turns the cobra withdrew from combat and the fifth turn my scout subdued it. The really unusual thing about this is that my scout got a battlefield promotion each of the first four turns (forestry 1-3 and hunter 1). Could there be a problem with the way batlefield promotions and withdrawing are interacting with each other?

Not sure if this is a bug or if I just got incredibly lucky. My level 2 scout was attacked by a cobra every turn for five turns. The first four turns the cobra withdrew from combat and the fifth turn my scout subdued it. The really unusual thing about this is that my scout got a battlefield promotion each of the first four turns (forestry 1-3 and hunter 1). Could there be a problem with the way batlefield promotions and withdrawing are interacting with each other?

This is a bug. One that keeps slipping off the radar and not getting fixed.

Its still happening in my games, the animals are very few and in-between, i left one HUGE area for late game animals but none have been around since Classical Era?? Then there weren't that many to begin with.:sad:

Its still happening in my games, the animals are very few and in-between, i left one HUGE area for late game animals but none have been around since Classical Era?? Then there weren't that many to begin with.:sad:

Really? Wow. I'm taking fond advantage of the slaughter animal ability because I have so many animals I don't know what to do with them all.

Really? Wow. I'm taking fond advantage of the slaughter animal ability because I have so many animals I don't know what to do with them all.

What type/size of map and how many civs are you playing on?

Have you tried increasing the animal spawn modifier?

Have you tried increasing the animal spawn modifier?

No not yet, the reason i didnt was because almost everyone else said they are getting tons of animals and i am not, but i am using the same info as they are?

I was just wondering if the type of map, game speed etc plays any part in the spawning of animals?:crazyeye:

No not yet, the reason i didnt was because almost everyone else said they are getting tons of animals and i am not, but i am using the same info as they are?

I was just wondering if the type of map, game speed etc plays any part in the spawning of animals?:crazyeye:

Yes, both do. Game sped is used in scaling the spawn rate I think. Map type will effect bonus and terrain placement, which in turn effect the spawning.

What type/size of map and how many civs are you playing on?

Huge wolrd snail speed map C2C_PerfectWorld2f, normal civs for huge map, not sure how many I didn't change the default number.
The city limits really should scale by map size. With only a few cities for each civ there is so much empty map the animals spawn like crazy.

Huge wolrd snail speed map C2C_PerfectWorld2f, normal civs for huge map, not sure how many I didn't change the default number.
The city limits really should scale by map size. With only a few cities for each civ there is so much empty map the animals spawn like crazy.

They do!

Umm, i tend to disagree here, on my maps (recently) i am hardly getting any animals even from the start anymore, with each era less and less, even with the area i left WIDE open on the attached map i attached, thee are NO animals even present??

Most games I am getting huge numbers of animals. My current random map has me placed in Africa so I am swamped with Giraffes, Crocs and Antilopes of various kinds.

On the city screen, not only does the Properties tab not work for me but the two drop down selection boxes for sorting the units/buildings/stuff also don't do anything. The buttons to select categories of things work, just not the drop menus (it is permanently in "sort by cost").

There are some incorrect symbols for resources in the hover help for the plots (the symbols from the gamefont files):
* Bison shows the open borders scroll thingy
* Donkey shows the melon symbol
* Resin shows the llama symbol
* Mango shows what may or may not be the correct symbol - it is not a shape like the others, but a solid rectangle which has some rather indiscernible things on a solid white rectangular background.
* Almonds might be showing the wrong symbol too - possible the teapot used for tea (I don't remember for sure, it may have been something else)

There are some incorrect symbols for resources in the hover help for the plots (the symbols from the gamefont files):
* Mango shows what may or may not be the correct symbol - it is not a shape like the others, but a solid rectangle which has some rather indiscernible things on a solid white rectangular background.
* Almonds might be showing the wrong symbol too - possible the teapot used for tea (I don't remember for sure, it may have been something else)

I am working on these, it is slow and boring, plus I often need to make the graphics. The latter is a bit of a problem because I seem to see things in a different way from other people.

On the city screen, not only does the Properties tab not work for me but the two drop down selection boxes for sorting the units/buildings/stuff also don't do anything. The buttons to select categories of things work, just not the drop menus (it is permanently in "sort by cost").

Aren't you one of the CFC python genius', hows about a helping hand??

Top Bottom