v21 bugs and crashes

Also: animals spawned by the Montreal Biodome can't move, can't be butchered and currently seem to be of no use at all ?

I noticed this yesterday but since everything I touched yesterday broke did not post the fix to the SVN. Basically it should give subdued animals not animals, I will post a fix soon.

Ah, it's going to be a bit harder to achieve what you want, but I think what I can do will go some way towards it. Specifically, I propose:

If the govenor is turned on and at least one of the focus icons is selected (food, hammers, science, etc) then the city will ONLY build things that match the selected icons (and never build units). If you select nothing you get the AI build (including units), but if you select food, hammers and science (say) you'll get buildings that contribute to any of those, but no units. You can select whatever subset you like.

What I cannot do (easily - would amount to rewriting a govenor routine instead of using the AI routine tweaked slightly), is change the order that the AI would want to build things in within the selected categories (e.g - if it wants to build domuses before sail makers say, when hammers are selected, that's too bad if you prefer the opposite order). However, if you do see it building in an obviously out-of-sensible-order (given what you have selected) then you've probably found a bug in the AI routine anyway, so we should get it fixed.

Would that at least go some way towards meeting your requirements?
It has the disadvantage that the focus icons also influence the population assignments so selecting a science focus when you want science buildings built will shift population to more beakers and less hammers so you might not build much at all.

Re: some of the new selectors on the city screen not working for me:
Both of these work for me.
The common thing about them is that the input from both of these is handled in Python (actually in the same file that displays them which is the main interface screen file).
Any Python error in the logs?

The PythonErr.log file is a nice empty size 0 file. (If there were any, I'd get Python exception pop-ups anyway since I have all the usual debug options on.)

Ah, it's going to be a bit harder to achieve what you want, but I think what I can do will go some way towards it. Specifically, I propose:

If the govenor is turned on and at least one of the focus icons is selected (food, hammers, science, etc) then the city will ONLY build things that match the selected icons (and never build units). If you select nothing you get the AI build (including units), but if you select food, hammers and science (say) you'll get buildings that contribute to any of those, but no units. You can select whatever subset you like.

Excactly! Great!

What I cannot do (easily - would amount to rewriting a govenor routine instead of using the AI routine tweaked slightly), is change the order that the AI would want to build things in within the selected categories (e.g - if it wants to build domuses before sail makers say, when hammers are selected, that's too bad if you prefer the opposite order). However, if you do see it building in an obviously out-of-sensible-order (given what you have selected) then you've probably found a bug in the AI routine anyway, so we should get it fixed.

Well, for having a "logical" chain of buildings is there maybe a formula that can "tell" the AI what building is a) of importance (like shipwright) and b) a good hammer investment (like the forge) and shuffle that in evened out manner -- or, much better, if the player would even be able to focus on strategical or economic building production (in most of my cities I dont need the strategical buildings as they are somewhat commercial centers)

Would that at least go some way towards meeting your requirements?

Yes, yes, and yes!

Reminds me of the 60' rock group interviewed on radio:

moderator: "do you prefer blondes, brunettes or redheads?"
lead singer: "yes!"

sry doublepost - is there a way to delete a post?

It has the disadvantage that the focus icons also influence the population assignments so selecting a science focus when you want science buildings built will shift population to more beakers and less hammers so you might not build much at all.

Only if you also turn on citizen automation, which is an independent choice.

<snip>

Besides which, it was specifically added to C2C for perfectly good reasons.

Which are no longer valid. And where in fact carry overs form AND. Which by the way Also suffers from the Unneeded City Limits Too. Please don't patronize, I've been thru this process twice already, with Afforess and AND and here with C2C and those on the Team that deemed it necessary.

City Limits were only of use to players that Wanted a limited amount of Cities to manage. Many others Did Not want it and That is why there is an Option. But with the changes to food and city growth in the Prehistoric Era on up they are now useless pieces of code.

Have you tried playing either way and compared?

JosEPh :/

Re: some of the new selectors on the city screen not working for me:

The PythonErr.log file is a nice empty size 0 file. (If there were any, I'd get Python exception pop-ups anyway since I have all the usual debug options on.)
I found the problem. The input handling lines had two spaces too much so they were only executed with Revolution on (which was an if before that). Sometimes Python blocks are annoying.
Fix is on the SVN but I have also attached the fixed Python file to this post.

Attachments

• CvMainInterface.7z
    40.6 KB · Views: 39
Which are no longer valid. And where in fact carry overs form AND. Which by the way Also suffers from the Unneeded City Limits Too. Please don't patronize, I've been thru this process twice already, with Afforess and AND and here with C2C and those on the Team that deemed it necessary.

City Limits were only of use to players that Wanted a limited amount of Cities to manage. Many others Did Not want it and That is why there is an Option. But with the changes to food and city growth in the Prehistoric Era on up they are now useless pieces of code.

Have you tried playing either way and compared?

JosEPh :/

I for one don't think it is unnecessary. I have no problem getting 7 cities before sedentary lifestyle. This is the maximum only because of the limit on the civics.

I found the problem. The input handling lines had two spaces too much so they were only executed with Revolution on (which was an if before that). Sometimes Python blocks are annoying.
Fix is on the SVN but I have also attached the fixed Python file to this post.

Good find. I am, of course, playing with No Revolutions (and other options selected to hopefully keep the memory footprint down since my computer is not sufficient to actually play the game very far).

Out of curiosity, I tried running a saved game with High graphics. I don't know why it was different, or why it worked on Medium but when doing so the XML failed to load in CIV4UnitInfos.xml (the main one, not a modular one). On line 127,275 (in the UNIT_IPARHAN definition) there was an error: "<bNoCapvure>0</bNoCapture>". Apparently "capture" can not be spelled with a "v". How the graphics level setting (which also turned off the single unit graphics option, which also should not matter) affects the XML loading, I do not know.

Okay, this is something that has been bothering me for a while. Not all World Wonders are conquerable, and I think all World Wonders should be (since once they're destroyed, they can't be rebuilt). I know it definitely applies to all Cultures, all megafauna trainers, and several other wonders. I'm going to fix it for my own wonders soon. I could fix it for the other wonders if you think it would be a good idea.

The only XML changes would be:
  • Set <bNeverCapture> to 0
  • Set <iConquestProb> to 100
  • Set <bNukeImmune> to 1

I for one don't think it is unnecessary. I have no problem getting 7 cities before sedentary lifestyle. This is the maximum only because of the limit on the civics.

That's why we have game options, so that people who like this feature (like me:)) can use them, and those who don't don't need to use them.

[r1854] Weather Station building (at Weather Forecasting tech) has no hammers cost and doesn't appear on city production list.

New bug: Field of the Cloth of Gold is giving error messages when I complete it. The error messages are slightly different each time, so I'm not sure what is going on. I attached some screenshots as samples. This happens both when using the downloaded v21 and the SVN.

If I use my original Python file, the wonder works with no problems.

I attached a save file from right before I complete the Wonder. I did use WorldBuilder to set up the completion - could that be having an effect?

Code:
## Field Start ##

if iBuildingType == gc.getInfoTypeForString( 'BUILDING_FIELD_GOLD' ):

pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner())
		iTeam = pPlayer.getTeam()
		pTeam = gc.getTeam(iTeam)

for iPlayer in range(gc.getMAX_CIV_PLAYERS()):			
			loopPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
			if loopPlayer.isAlive():
				loopTeam = gc.getTeam(loopPlayer.getTeam())
				if [COLOR="Red"]iTeam != loopTeam [/COLOR]and loopTeam.isHasMet(iTeam):
					loopPlayer.AI_changeAttitudeExtra(loopTeam, 3)

## Field End ##

iTeam is the TeamID, loopTeam is not. Wrong Comparison

Heres a Cute little error i found. Let me explain it how it happened.
I am Japenses, Tokagawa I think,
--------
Game cycles through my units.
----------
The Subdued Aligator goes *GRRRRRR*
The Subdued Snake goes *SSSSSSSSS*
The Subdued lion goes *RAWR*
The Subdued Duck goes *domo arigato, ka nitchiewa hogataku!*

I laughed my ass off for a good while, meanwhile the japense speaking duck lives at my capital in comfort.

Ram

New bug: Field of the Cloth of Gold is giving error messages when I complete it. The error messages are slightly different each time, so I'm not sure what is going on. I attached some screenshots as samples. This happens both when using the downloaded v21 and the SVN.

If I use my original Python file, the wonder works with no problems.

I attached a save file from right before I complete the Wonder. I did use WorldBuilder to set up the completion - could that be having an effect?

Fixed I think on SVN.

Top Bottom