1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v21 bugs and crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

It is currently only on hills and peaks. Should I let it occur on flat lands barren and rocky? Hydro you are our default geologist.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

@Koshling minor pathing problem. I have units from Thebes going to a rally point in the oasis just to the west of Thebes. The one with the "Waters of Life" event tag. Instead of staying on the paved road they end their turn on the path just before entering the fort. You can see the path they will take by moving the archer in Thebes to the fort.

3. szemek77

szemek77 Chieftain

v.21
    I set up graphics to lowest possible level and started to have graphic issues. Melons appears as pink marks on the map, my wanderer changes avatar to great prophet, crocodiles appear as horsemen (looks particularly funny when it is a big crocodile :)) and so on. I'll try to attach screens later.

It is strange because I didn't have such problems before with v21 (besides when graphics was on medium level my PC didn't like it late in the game).

4. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Rocky i would think so. Barren could be too. Obsidian is just volcanic glass so it could appear in similar locations as say sulphur. I don't see why it could not appear on flat rocky or barren terrain.

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

When you have graphics settings on lowest then unit animations are frozen. When unit animations are frozen the graphics part of the exe uses the base model for the unit when it is not active and the actual skin when it is active. So now you know where the base animations are coming from for some of the units.

Have you looked at changing the SHOW_BUILDINGS_LEVEL in the file A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml in Assets/XML folder? I can play a lot later without going down to lowest settings when I set that value to zero.

The pink melons, squash and pumpkin is a know issue. I am waiting for the originator to update them.

6. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

Build 2139, i receive this message every turn:

7. szemek77

szemek77 Chieftain

Thank you for the explanation.

Interesting. Thank you for this hint. I'm not a regular participant of the forum's discussions (eh, old good times of tempestuous development of New Dawn:) ) so maybe it is a stupid question, but is here anywhere a topic with some good hints how to minimize the requirements (graphic, RAM) without any harm to the playability?

Didn't have this issue in my previous game (also v21). Anyway it is a minor thing.

Again guys, let me use this opportunity to express my highest respect to your work. You brought me back to CIV IV! I have this well known "just one more turn at 3 AM" feeling again ;)

8. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

I can appear on rocky and barren, but only on rocky and barren that does not have any features on it (that is what <TerrainBooleans> does).
    It needs to be added as <FeatureTerrainBooleans> in addition with several <FeatureBooleans>.

9. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

When I play as deity and want to autoplay some turns (cause on eternity its sometimes just clicking ENTER for dozens of turns, especially on island start), the autoplay AI doesn't get the deity production settings but noble instead, I guess.

So if you have a building in capital showing 30 turns to finish, and autoplay for 30 turns, not only the building is finished but you can see 2 new units the AI built in the same time, too. I guess it's quite an easy fix for autoplay AI to have same difficulty than human player, is it?

10. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Probably, but its hardly what I'd consider a 'normal' mode of operation! All bets are off on what it migth do to things like your civics for example.

11. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

Sure, but in the example I mentioned the only new civics I had were native language and oral tradition and the autoplay AI did not change any it just got production bonus (or better: not the malus the human gets for playing deity). Thx for recognizing the matter! :)

12. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Here's a counter-suggestion, which would remain meaningful independent of what civics/strategies you had/were undertaking.

Player option to auto-press enter on any turn where no player interaction was needed (i.e. - no build queues go emtpied so it needed to ask for something new to build [in a non-auto-governed city], no non-automated units wanted to be moved.

Advantages:
    • Doesn't require chiptole, which also enabled a whole bunch of cheats, so most players don't use
    • Never actually makes any decisions for you, so never gets anything wrong

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Did you get any error messages in PythonErr.Log? Usually the error message is expanded in that file.

14. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

Yay, that would be it!

So if I got right what you suggested, then if my city has building queue full and the tech tree is queued as well and all my units are fortified or have orders to move to and then to fortify when arriving at the new destiny (is that possible - to hold shift/right click on a tile and then click fortify?), then it does auto-end turn for me for a specified number of turns? Great!

EDIT: I should read what you wrote, that it's on every turn I have nothing to set up, so it's like
    'don't wait on end of turn, even if nothing is to be done that turn'. Good also!

15. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

I didn't look at it but as you mentioned it:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
    File "RevEvents", line 121, in onEndGameTurn
    ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I'm not seeing this. Although he takes a slightly indirect route (so as to end the first turn in better defensive territory a little north) he does get there in 2 turns, which is the best he can do. The path he takes does seem to stay on the roads also. Does this reproduce for you on reloading that save game? Exactly which tile does he end his first turn on for you (for me it's the forest tile 2 north and one east of the fort). If you take the most 'direct' route you would finish one tile away from the fort (and not in defensive terrain), so this path seems correct to me (if you have AI pathing turned on).

If you do NOT have AI pathing turned on (you didn't say, but in retrospect I'm guessing you don't) it winds up off the road in the grassland one tile NE of the fort, but my changes have not influenced how non-AI pathing works so I imagine it always did this.

Either way, it can't reach the fort in one turn by any route.

17. gcaliber

gcaliber Chieftain

The mouseover for for Figs implies you get it with a gathering camp, it shows +1 health and happiness for gathering camp improvement and doesn't mention needing any other techs, but I don't get the bonuses with a gathering camp.

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

It looks like there is some info missing about the game speed you are playing.

What version of C2C are you playing and what game speed?

19. The Boss

The Boss Chieftain

Originally Posted by The Boss
    Got a "Wait for other civilization" hanging at rev.2140
    Here the save
    Thank you
    Keep up good work

Moved here. Look at the save in SVN discussion
    That was not an autosave, I saved after an attack to a unit of Huns in the location were now there is the the injuried spearman, then I press "end turn" and game freeze, waiting for other civilization.
    If I exit from game to the desktop and relaod, sometime I can pass the stop and play again, but not always
    Every time I can save also if the cursor is in waiting mode
    Sometime I think the AI is waiting for a unit that I cannot see that cannot find the path to do something, but this is only my impression
    Thank you:)

20. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Chieftain

First tip when it comes to WFoCs: Increase or remove the BUG option in Caveman2Cosmos tab "Max Units Per Tile" (0 removes it) and try again. More often than not it's the AI's inability to cope with these limits that create an endless WFoC.

Cheers