1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v22 bugs and crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Aevum

Aevum Warlord

If you do that then dogs will be unable to kill any rougues or assassins they find in your borders, it will make auto-patrol nonfunctional, and require troops to travel with every dog to fight any stealth units it finds. And personally, when I see an enemy dog, I don't go attack it and sucicide like the bots do. :p If you want to stop my assassins you have to chase me down cujoe.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Post the PythonErr.log file (not PythonErr2.log) from the log file near where your saves are. If you don't have logging on please turn it on and do alt-n again then post the log. Thanks.

3. Aevum

Aevum Warlord

@ Dancing Hoskuld

Attached Files:

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The names for some of the Brazilian Civ are TXT_CITY_.

Edit The problem Aevum is having is that there is some part missing fro the Mad Nukes mod. It is not finding a value for MAD_NUKES_MANAGER_BACKGROUND which has something to do with the art files.

5. T C

T C Prince

A couple of small bugs I've noticed. I'm playing the latest SVN version.

1) The graphic for the trails building (prehistoric) appears to be missing.

2) Some strange AI behaviour. I use automated hunt, to nerf my hunting slightly, but my trackers are doing some strange things when it comes to goody huts. When there is a goody hut guarded by a neandertal the tracker will always try to attack it, even when it has a miniscule chance of winning. I've seen my trackers kill themselves trying to attack a fortified neandertal warrior on a wooded hill more times than I care to remember.

Perhaps something could be added to tell the trackers or hunters not to attack unless there is a good chance of winning the battle (maybe 75%+)?

3) The sid's tips text for Raft Building is the same as for sailing.

6. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

It's a bug (obvious now you've pointed out the case). It already has a test to only go for goody huts if doing so doesn't expose it to danger (60% survival chance), but the test used is flawed in this context because it tests the danger at a plot from its neighbours - not including the plot itself! I'll fix it today.

7. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I looked through all the cities in Brazil and they seem correct?

EDIT: Also see attached errors?

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I was going to post a screen dump but my graphics are playing up again and it wont let me. I will need to reboot and try again.

The first doesn't happen for me it is fine. I did a sync with the SVN when Hydro reported it and there are no differences I could see. I will try something else to find it.

The second one is normal as far as I can tell. It displays some icons (buildings, improvements and even units) as smaller but I don't know why, I thought it was because it required another tech as well.

@Aevum, I posted a fix to your Mad Nukes problem to the SVN yesterday. Are you using the SVN or should I post the files here for you?

9. Aevum

Aevum Warlord

Hey thanks, I'll try it out later today and see if it works. I've been working on some art and fixing some missing artdefines for the trained dogs lineup. So I'll hopefullly get around to actually playing some later tonight.

@Strat
    I think I remeber seeing a similiar glitch on the tech popup from Solar Panals, like the white solarpanal improvement was Giagantic and didn't fit either.

10. T C

T C Prince

Great, thanks a lot.

I'll test the fix you posted to the SVN. I think I'll be starting a new game anyway because of the start as minors issue.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

OK, I have duplicated the missing coast button problem, so I can now fix it. The Brazil cities are fine now too. Looks like I may have missed an update somewhere.

Problem with tech tree, Oratory and Dualism overlap, see attached.

12. Aevum

Aevum Warlord

Police Units, ....police cars for sure... Crime Negative does Not update when promoting riot control promotions. It may be working in background, but it not shown on the unit.

Coit Tower Wonder has
    ......Fire Dock, TXT_KEY_FIRE_HANGER

13. strategyonly

That was fixed on 4 April already.

14. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I am using the latest SVN:confused:

15. strategyonly

I'll have to look again, either that or someone did a commit before updating again??:sad:

16. T C

T C Prince

Koshling, it seems the bug is still there. I just had a tracker going for a goody hut suicide against a fortified neandertal on a wooded hill. Save game attached.

17. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Can you provide a bit of description as to where to look? I loaded the save and as far as I can see you have 2 trackers in the wilderness, but I dont see a goodie hut near either of them. Is it this turn that they suicide on?

Edit - nvm -found it (and diagnosed). Fix will be into the SVN later today - sorry about the false reporting yesterday ;)

18. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I think with the newest version of Tortoise SVN that the program throws an error and makes you update before committing if you are going to overwrite someone else's changes.

19. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

It Alwys has. It won't let you do it without explicitly mergingnthe file or marking it as resolved.

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The hover over for building a spy when in a city shows XP from civics and wonders plus buildings even though no XP are given. In C2C there is only one building that currently gives espionage units XP and that is Scotland Yard which can be built in any city by a great spy.