v22 bugs and crashes

The hover over for building a spy when in a city shows XP from civics and wonders plus buildings even though no XP are given. In C2C there is only one building that currently gives espionage units XP and that is Scotland Yard which can be built in any city by a great spy.

We should have some more espionage XP giving wonders.

Revision 2271

Was playing a Custom Game and Robert Menzies (Australian Leader) shows up as a Pink Leaderhead in Sevopedia and Trade Screen.

Updated to Revison 2275 (- Luba Culture moved to Trade tech.
- Polish Culture moved to Heraldry tech.)

Robert Menzies (Australian Leader) still shows up as a Pink Leaderhead in Sevopedia and Trade Screen..

Revision 2271

Was playing a Custom Game and Robert Menzies (Australian Leader) shows up as a Pink Leaderhead in Sevopedia and Trade Screen.

Robert Menzies (Australian Leader) still shows up as a Pink Leaderhead in Sevopedia and Trade Screen..

Fixed, thx.

Hammurabi Stele gives Courthouses before Code of Laws
The religious wonder Hammurabi Stele gives Courthouses to all cities and is available with Dualism, long before Code of Laws.

Suggested fix: Make Code of Laws the required tech for Hammurabi Stele.

Can you provide a bit of description as to where to look? I loaded the save and as far as I can see you have 2 trackers in the wilderness, but I dont see a goodie hut near either of them. Is it this turn that they suicide on?

Edit - nvm -found it (and diagnosed). Fix will be into the SVN later today - sorry about the false reporting yesterday ;)

I'm afraid this is still happening (the fix you posted yesterday was for this, right? - if not just ignore this).

Saved game attached. On the last turn, my tracker attacked a forested goody hut guarded by a neandertal.

I'm afraid this is still happening (the fix you posted yesterday was for this, right? - if not just ignore this).

Saved game attached. On the last turn, my tracker attacked a forested goody hut guarded by a neandertal.

I'm afraid a save from AFTER it happend isn't useful to analyse the issue. It needs to be a save of the turn in which it will happen when yuo edn the turn. When tracking problems like this it's best to set auto-save to every turn - that way you always have the right save to provide.

Anyway - I can't tell from the save if there is still a bug or not. The fix won't stop you losing by attacking units -it just means the attack won't (or at least shouldn't) happen at less than 60% odds. Are you sure your tracker was not promoted (or the Neanderthal wounded) enough for this to have been the case here? You will still lose at 60% odds 40% of the time after all!

I'm fairly sure that wasn't the case, I checked a couple of turns before and the % chance of a win was very close to zero. Anyway, I'll put autosave every turn on and wait for it to happen again.

I was tinkering in worldbuilder when suddenly the game minimized (by itself). My cursor still looks like the ingame cursor and I cannot click on anything on my desktop at all, except for the start menu and task manager. :cringe:

If there is some sort of key combination to reopen the game I would like to know because I really don't want to exit the game without saving.

I was tinkering in worldbuilder when suddenly the game minimized (by itself). My cursor still looks like the ingame cursor and I cannot click on anything on my desktop at all, except for the start menu and task manager. :cringe:

If there is some sort of key combination to reopen the game I would like to know because I really don't want to exit the game without saving.

Do you have a Microsoft button or your keyboard? if so click on that, then after that it should go back to the normal arrow/pointer, if not, just fool around with it, and it will come back in, you must be LOW on memory at the time or something??

Bug??

My gatherers just move back and forth but doing nothing to help out the other gatherer??

Weird, now 4/5 turns later, now they joined in:crazyeye:

I got a suicidal attack from a Stone Spearmen against a fortified Neanderthalien on the screenshot (taken on a save one or two turns before) he has only 17,71% chances of winning that fight

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-7200.CivBeyondSwordSave
    856.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 45
My wife is playing the Inuit culture and after the third or fourth city name, we start seeing their suggested names coming in in coded xml form rather than their intended result. Just a text file issue is all... nothing big.

I can't start C2C, I can look at the pedia and everything is fine. then I go single player and load - CTD with no messages see minidump_load. If I go single player then custom game the same result CTD see minidump_new. This is with latest SVN but with most custom civs off and all cultural units off. Graphics set to lowest. Does not even get to show dialogue with progress bar.

Any ideas?

I can't start C2C, I can look at the pedia and everything is fine. then I go single player and load - CTD with no messages see minidump_load. If I go single player then custom game the same result CTD see minidump_new. This is with latest SVN but with most custom civs off and all cultural units off. Graphics set to lowest. Does not even get to show dialogue with progress bar.

Any ideas?

I really think, you need to re-do your SVN, i think you might have had a revision that didnt get loaded by some weird mistake, i have had that happen before, but luckily i had a SVN extra copy and just went from that one, and it fixed the problem.

So i suggest, deleting what you have from the folder "inside" your svn, leaving the SVN folder intact, and then do an update and see if that helps, its just a suggestion, dont know if it will help or not:crazyeye:

I really think, you need to re-do your SVN, i think you might have had a revision that didnt get loaded by some weird mistake, i have had that happen before, but luckily i had a SVN extra copy and just went from that one, and it fixed the problem.

So i suggest, deleting what you have from the folder "inside" your svn, leaving the SVN folder intact, and then do an update and see if that helps, its just a suggestion, dont know if it will help or not:crazyeye:

I just did all that!

Any ideas?

These minidumps DO indictae a problem in the DLL loading, but unless I can pin down precisely what SVN revision they correspond to I can't diagnose from them. Do you know (based on the SVN history) which revision(s) they would have been?

Edit - figured out which it is. Both minidumps show the precise same problem, which is rather mysterious, but I **suspect** it's the downstream effect of some malfromed XML (or an error during loading of the mod XML - units are implicated, possibly upgrade paths). I have attached a DEBUG build of the DLL - try with that - you should get some failure dialogs before it crashes hopefully that might tell us more...

Do you have a Microsoft button or your keyboard? if so click on that, then after that it should go back to the normal arrow/pointer, if not, just fool around with it, and it will come back in, you must be LOW on memory at the time or something??

The Microsoft button just opens the start menu. It did not come back no matter what I did and I was forced to exit.

Mouth; Check your settings in Beyond The Sword/_Civ4Config (shortcut to civ4.ini). Look for MemSaver option and make sure it's set to 0. If it isn't that's when tabbing out of the game will shut the game down, disabling being able to get back into the game.
The Windows button has the same function as Alt-Tab except it changes focus from current program to Windows rather than to a program of your choice.

Cheers

These minidumps DO indictae a problem in the DLL loading, but unless I can pin down precisely what SVN revision they correspond to I can't diagnose from them. Do you know (based on the SVN history) which revision(s) they would have been?

Edit - figured out which it is. Both minidumps show the precise same problem, which is rather mysterious, but I **suspect** it's the downstream effect of some malfromed XML (or an error during loading of the mod XML - units are implicated, possibly upgrade paths). I have attached a DEBUG build of the DLL - try with that - you should get some failure dialogs before it crashes hopefully that might tell us more...

I did do some changes to unit upgrades but I thought I had taken them out. I'll use the dll and see what is going on. Thanks. Oh great, I have just pulled an all nighter - I am too old for that. ;)

2 items:
1st: Sloop of War can not attack Beluga
2nd: City Guard positioned on coast to guard a quarry exerts a ZOC.

Screenshots attached for both. I saved as soon as I tried to attack the beluga. The ZOC for City Guard happened before savegame though. I do not remember activating anything in game options to allow ZOC's. Even though the screenie say I must destroy the Bldg to get normal movement back. Didn't know that you all had given quarries defensive capabilities.

I have not updated my SVN version for several days now, so these things may be fixed. Reading through the SVN thread I don't see anything associated with these 2 strange behaviors. Game says version 2269 build.

JosEPh

2 items:
1st: Sloop of War can not attack Beluga
2nd: City Guard positioned on coast to guard a quarry exerts a ZOC.

Screenshots attached for both. I saved as soon as I tried to attack the beluga. The ZOC for City Guard happened before savegame though. I do not remember activating anything in game options to allow ZOC's. Even though the screenie say I must destroy the Bldg to get normal movement back. Didn't know that you all had given quarries defensive capabilities.

I have not updated my SVN version for several days now, so these things may be fixed. Reading through the SVN thread I don't see anything associated with these 2 strange behaviors. Game says version 2269 build.

JosEPh

2 looks like it is not a quarry but a fort and occupied forts; forts have ZoC.

Top Bottom