v22 bugs and crashes

Didn't Is612 delete the Fast game speeds? He was asking all over the place about eliminating Normal up thru Blitz.

JosEPh

Apparently not. But in all actuality, it'd really deny a quick playtestability on certain modifications wouldn't it? I see those speeds as being useful primarily for that.

Fact is, we really should be calibrating to normal speed and letting the longer gamespeeds be just what they call themselves. This is an area where we just flat have a mess that's been left alone because it takes some serious end-polishing to really put it right and we're changing so much so quickly that fixing it only lasts for so long.

Also, we have a bug with the naval units. In fact, apparently only on more advanced naval units which is seriously odd. When my stack attacks, it immediately passes the rest of its movement and sends me to the next unit to move. I can wake them up and use them further but it does this again and again after every attack.

And... isn't the National Wonder, Manhattan Project, only supposed to unlock nuclear weaponry for the player that has built it? At the moment, even though its a National Wonder, it still allows all players access to nukes.

And... isn't the National Wonder, Manhattan Project, only supposed to unlock nuclear weaponry for the player that has built it? At the moment, even though its a National Wonder, it still allows all players access to nukes.

I believe it has been this way since vanilla Civ4.

-Double-check the City Names for Inuit Culture, I saw a Text_CITY_NAME_

- I am happy to report that there has been a huge difference in turn speed,(About 25% improvement), especially when using AI Autoplay. :lol::lol::lol:

-With the latest update the Prehistoric Era is much faster and tech speed slows down in Ancient era with plenty of time to develop enjoy that era as you develop your army.

Apparently not. But in all actuality, it'd really deny a quick playtestability on certain modifications wouldn't it? I see those speeds as being useful primarily for that.

Fact is, we really should be calibrating to normal speed and letting the longer gamespeeds be just what they call themselves. This is an area where we just flat have a mess that's been left alone because it takes some serious end-polishing to really put it right and we're changing so much so quickly that fixing it only lasts for so long.

Also, we have a bug with the naval units. In fact, apparently only on more advanced naval units which is seriously odd. When my stack attacks, it immediately passes the rest of its movement and sends me to the next unit to move. I can wake them up and use them further but it does this again and again after every attack.

Do you have the stack attack option selected? I believe problems have been seen with it.

Do you have the stack attack option selected? I believe problems have been seen with it.

If we are having SOOO much problems with stacks, is it a simple 1,2,3 fix or is it a hard fix to get it to where it belongs to be??

If we are having SOOO much problems with stacks, is it a simple 1,2,3 fix or is it a hard fix to get it to where it belongs to be??

Just turn off the stack attack option. AFAIK it's never really wroked correctly. I am not aware of issues with stacks when it is truned off in teh current version, which is why I asked if that was the case here.

The new bitmask for deciding which buildings are shown on the map seems to be not working correctly. I set the value in the Global defines to 2 for defences only and get ALL buildings. Graveyards, observatories, hospitals... gets quite cluttered and severley overtaxes my graphics card.
Setting it to 0 works fine and disables all buildings.

Futhermore quite a lot of my units suddenly started exchanging ooprtunity fire. Something is wrong if your ships in port suddenly start shooting on your own troops on the next tile.

The new bitmask for deciding which buildings are shown on the map seems to be not working correctly. I set the value in the Global defines to 2 for defences only and get ALL buildings. Graveyards, observatories, hospitals... gets quite cluttered and severley overtaxes my graphics card.
Setting it to 0 works fine and disables all buildings.

Futhermore quite a lot of my units suddenly started exchanging ooprtunity fire. Something is wrong if your ships in port suddenly start shooting on your own troops on the next tile.

Lol. Actually it was everything EXCEPT defenses! I had the test backwards. A fix is on SVN now.

I have no clue about the opportunity fire. Post a save where it happens when you press end-turn and I'll look into it if you like.

Indeed funny :)
As for the friendly oppurtunity fire: This save should have it and be before I just moved all units in a way to circumvent the problem.

Edit: Forgot the save

Attachments

• friendlyfire.7z
    4.4 MB · Views: 74
Indeed funny :)
As for the friendly oppurtunity fire: This save should have it and be before I just moved all units in a way to circumvent the problem.

Edit: Forgot the save

Can you tell me where (which city) and which units are involved please

Didn't Is612 delete the Fast game speeds? He was asking all over the place about eliminating Normal up thru Blitz.

JosEPh

I just asked what everyone thought, or if anyone even used those speeds. If I were to do something with them, it would be after the freeze, along with some other changes I'm planning.

Some flaws i just encountered:
  • Guard dogs need the war dog trainer to be trained. I think guard dog trainer would fit better, at least it would give the building some sense.
  • City guard needs a castle and flintlock to be trained. If i build a star fort (which replaces the castle) i cannot train city guards anymore. Star forts are more developed than castles, so it shuold be added as an OR prereq.

If it is, it's spontaneously decided to be. I generally don't use the option.

IRT Manhattan Project: It used to be a World Wonder that opened up nukes for all but we had discussed earlier making it a National Wonder that only opened up nukes for the country that has built it. I was noting that it still opens up nuke access for all countries even though it is now a National Wonder.

Can you tell me where (which city) and which units are involved please

Some coastal cities ( Erdine was one of them I think) with man o wars and ships of the line sleeping in them and units next to them ( a leftover stone axeman near erdine, some heavy sword and pikemen near the city south of beijing whose name i never remember.)

An interesting sideeffect: I only got it from ships until I moved all land untis out of their reach. Then i got it from a balista shooting at spearmen. Like the game allowed only for a limited number of these events per turn.

Some coastal cities ( Erdine was one of them I think) with man o wars and ships of the line sleeping in them and units next to them ( a leftover stone axeman near erdine, some heavy sword and pikemen near the city south of beijing whose name i never remember.)

An interesting sideeffect: I only got it from ships until I moved all land untis out of their reach. Then i got it from a balista shooting at spearmen. Like the game allowed only for a limited number of these events per turn.

Fixed - see SVN thread

Repeatable CtD - press enter, the inter turn begins and all of a sudden the game crashes to desktop.

Build 2520.

Top Bottom