1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v22 bugs and crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Aevum

Aevum Warlord

So I just found the greatest bug/Exploit ever.

I call it the Adventurous Aircraft Carrier!
    I found out that you can, Base early fighters IN Adventures, AND then use them as mobile land aircraft carriers. LOL I have a crew of Adventures, loaded with fighters charge into enemy territory and ensure bombing missions galore! :spear:

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

ahaha, you just found that huh? :p :shifty: shush thats a secret.:eek:

3. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

:rotfl::lol::lol:

I spent a full five minutes laughing after I read that post. That is only slightly more funny though than when, before V22, one of my real aircraft carriers pathed over land, in that annoying nonrepeatable "land and sea get mixed up" bug. I wondered how they intended to portage the 100 kiloton carrier.:rolleyes:

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Left over from when we had the hawk explorer unit.

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@Dancing Hoskuld

Tropical Ocean is missing it's icon/button in civpedia.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Not in my copy of the SVN:confused: I'll do a sync preview and see if I can find it. It should be in the main LST.FPK and under SO's control. I probably wont be able to get to it today, RL Sunday = Family day.

7. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Could that be a reason why it seems that trade routes aren't possible via Tropical Coast even with both Rafting and Sailing researched?
    I'll have to double check that game later to make sure no Barb cities are in the way though.

Cheers

EDIT: On reload it seems to have righted itself. Now have route to Sumeria via Tropical Coast.

ReCheers

8. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Yes, I never build them myself for just that reason. It's too big a risk for too little reward.

I didn't know that finding one secret entrance works for all Catacombs either. I don't think I had that effect when I found a secret entrance in a v16 game. The only one I found this game was a second-to-last city of a vassal state that then chose to surrender its independence to its master.

9. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Right. This might be intended but I think it's a bug:

Technology Vassalage doesn't allow the Vassalage Civic as said Civic also needs Feudalism???
    Isn't that why the Tech Vassalage exists, basically?

Cheers

EDIT: Seems it's the other Vassalage that's enabled at Vassalage. That's a little confusing, maybe one should be renamed?

Cheers

10. Epona222

Epona222 Warlord

iirc there are 2 civics in different sections with the name Vassalage, it always throws me right off tbh - good job I always double check the civics advisor screen before changing civics! But yes it is confusing that way.

11. Aevum

Aevum Warlord

Turn was going and CTD, :(
    dump attached.
    --------------
    I'll retest when i get a chacne and see if its reproducable, Thanks Koshling

Attached Files:

12. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Sorry - crashing in the main game engine, not our DLL. Is it reproducible from a save?

13. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Maybe we could rename one to like "Serfdom" or something. It would be just a name chnage and not a chnage of stats or location on the tree.

14. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

That does sound a lot better than having two with the same name, yes.
    Wasn't after a change in usage, just the name. I had just spent 22 of my last 25 turns in a Golden Age to get to it and be able to switch without anarchy, only to find that it was the wrong Vassalage. *grin*

Cheers

15. strategyonly

Isn't there a simpler name than that, i am sure alot of people dont know what the heck Serfdom is???:crazyeye:

16. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Really? "Serfdom" is too fancy of a word? :rolleyes:

17. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

...adn they DO know what Vassalge is?!

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

urns out the reason for the revolt was because of the huge unhappiness in Memphis due to the very high crime rate there. It was going to be my military city so I had built a poison crafter's hut there forgetting that it was a crime building. Almost 100 turns later I was able to build a chief's hut but the damage was done.

19. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I wouldn't call that 'huge' unhappyness (it's only 1 net). Do you have all possible happyness buildings available at this stage?

However, see also my post elsewhere about potentially modifying crime building so that they start off relatively weak and 'ramp up' with furtehr relevant techs (which would help here as this is very early crime you have the issue with)

20. strategyonly

Umm Bondage sounds better??