1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v22 bugs and crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Did you reach Sedentary Lifestyle? The wonder goes obsolete then.

2. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Tribal Villages. Heh, now there's an unbalanced game-breaker for me. Bascially it can make or break your civ early on. Hence I play with it off.

If Techs weren't a part of Tribal Villages I might consider using them again though when starting in Prehistoric I really don't see how you can get gold from visiting (or plundering) a little Tribal Village.

Maybe it's time to oversee and redo the goodies the Goodie Huts can give? Some extra food to nearest city, a free unit or two (as in those cost no upkeep), extra hammers to nearest city, a subdued animal (native to the terrain the Village is on), are just a few of the examples I can think of off-hand and if I can I'm sure the Team can come up with several dozen.

Cheers

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

How about if instead of just tribal villages, we have something more like the cottage system. A 'goody hut' starts off as a 'small tribal settlement', but if undisturbed for long enough grows to 'a mature tribal settlement', and so on (not sure how many levels). The earlier ones only have access to the weaker benefits, the later ones progressively more. Furthermore we add a chance to respawn the base goody hut in neutral land (low rate of course).

The net effects are:
    • Early game you only get appropriately low value rewards, like those that Blue Genie suggested as new ones
    • Leaving a goodie hut and consuming it later (but risking someone else doing so) might be beneficial, which adds an extra gameplay twist
    • Even though you start on prehistoric and are likely to explore the world before much later, you can still get huts later on (albiet probably weak)

The quality of the best reward you would be eligible for on each type would move up with lower difficulties, so right down on settler maybe you still get access to everything right away, but on high difficulty levels you can't access the big things like techs unless you leave a hut to mature a long time.

4. Talin2009

Talin2009 King

Few bugs:

1) After capturing barbarian city - unit supply (amount spent on distant units) increased by 1 (in current game i have it at 12 units, while in fact i have 4 - 2 trackers and 2 great generals). Savegame here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11376018&postcount=2057 - you can check it by pressing F2.

2) recalculating modifiers (ctrl+shift+t) if you have research of wealth turned on in cities work improperly - it recalculates this research/wealth as negative.

5. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Yeh, I downloaded it already, but it'll be a couple of days before I get to it.

6. chueche

chueche Chieftain

No, i say that i am not research any tech who made obsolete this.

Do you need save game?

7. chueche

chueche Chieftain

I see on SVN that ISI612 have buffed the neander warrior. Probably there was go something wrong?

8. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

See my response on the Units Thread.

9. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

One option would be to merge the goody hut result system into the outcome system and use the spawn system to spawn different types of goody huts in different terrain or different eras.
    Goody huts are already improvements and improvements can upgrade (just needs a flag to upgrade without being worked I guess).

10. Aevum

Aevum Warlord

Every turn, Corps Expand to a city, and then leave it the next turn...
    I have realistic corps on, and a total subsidary of 15%... and lots of reasrouce, and I'm the founder.
    Something buged in the code that they set up shop and leave next turn or any ideas to why?

11. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Display Bug: Riot Control II and above don't display correctly on the Unit. Mouse-over still displays -5 crime / turn.

New Instruments bug: I'm guessing that the new instrument buildings should give a resource, "Type of Instrument", as several buildings and stuff get bonuses from a resource, but not the building.

Cheers

12. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

Great ideas!!!

Here's my brainstorming regarding reworking the cottage system:

I like the idea to try to protect huts. But protecting it with 8 units to surround it from being walked upon from enemy scout is hard, when you can't pay maintenance or afford to have war with a civ (if you don't play with minor civs on). So I suggest huts are not to be popped by walking upon them but by pillaging a goody hut pops instead. In fact, a popped hut would regrow after a certain (long) amount of time so you could never destroy it completely (it could be spawned some tiles away).
    If it is 'grown hut' (how to grow a goodie hut see below) it doesn't pop right away: pillaging a "town level" goodie hut, makes it become "village" and then "cottage" level hut again.

Now, you cannot only pillage it (which would be done with tribal villages near enemy territory), but for popping tech you need town level hut taken with culture,
    smaller bonusses (like +happiness in nearest city or +traderoutes or stuff also available for popping with culture) things for village and cottage [better bonusses then with pillaging it]
    To grow it, you can also support it (by normal/food merchants, for example), which you would do if it was near your own territory.
    Once a "mature" tribal village gets assimilated by your culture it would become a normal cottage, village or town and pop.
    If a town is popped by your culture the tech could freely be chosen maybe (not so when pillaged, a pillaged town could only give a 33% tech chance), so popping a "town"-sized tribal hut by territory could be an important and timed step, garrisoning it with some units over centuries, a quest.

Thx for the input!

--->reposting it in ideas&discussion

EDIT: Oh and btw I found another unsolved stack bug:
    A stack of byzantines with 3 healers and a general (?!) is standing in dutch territory refusing to move, Dutch have 30 units nearby and a well promoted general but ignore the byzantine stack.

Using newest SVN.

13. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Yes each instrument maker should make its own instrument. Those then in turn influence other buildings such as the Music Hut, Music School and Festival. The instrument making buildings themselves get bonuses from various techs. They do not get a bonus from the instruments they are making (this would be redundant).

What is the problem?

Could unseen resources like "Ancient Relics" spawn goodie huts too?

14. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

The "problem" is that it doesn't grant the instrument, thus no bonus on the buildings that should get bonus from them.

Cheers

15. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I suggest we just enhance the unit spawn XML to allow it to spawn other entities than units (so could spawn improvements to handle this case). Not sure there is a need for anything apart from units or improvements.

16. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

@Koshling
    Just in case you overlooked it there was a stack bug I found which I edited into my last post (as it shows 0 views I suspect you didn't see it)

17. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

Raft requries Canoe Builder's Hut (SVN 2186)
    The new water unit Raft requires the Canoe Builder's Hut. But the Hut also unlocks the Canoe. So you would only build the weaker Rafts if you built all 5 Canoes. I think the purpose of the Raft was to be a pre-canoe naval unit?

SUGGESTED FIX: Remove the Canoe Builder's Hut requirement from the Raft.

18. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I discovered something that I am not sure is a bug or a working-as-designed. Warlord Chiefs (and upgrades) and their captured Great Chief+ versions aren't capturable unless they are without any other combat units in their stack. This makes it somewhat hard to capture them.

I also noticed that if you get the "secret passage" from a Catacombs, non-combat units get killed first. Is this supposed to happen, or should noncombat units get completely skipped over by Catacombs? (I lost 2 Great Chiefs and a Great Corporal to this in my current game.)

19. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Which is why I never build the catacombs. Finding a secret entrance means attacking from behind it seems, thus always targeting the weakest unit in the City Stack.

Also it seems that once someone's found a secret entrance it works on all that players Catacomb cities, and forever. Unless that has been fixed.

Cheers

20. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

that is exactly correct. that is how King Henry VIII conquered his only one city he went after from France, was that way.

I personally never build them either, just for that reason.