1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v23 Bugs and Crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by E_T, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have been getting this for many versions. The hover over is incorrect in the number of XP the unit is going to get. perhaps if you post it also someone will fix it.:mischief:

2. azcore

azcore Chieftain

Got python exception in "strategic advantages" tab. Screenshot and savegame attached, though savegame was created with SVN r2617 and may crash while loading on subsequent revisions.

Attached Files:

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

yeah, I somewhat expected some python interaction errors like this. For py modders, please note that the references should be changed to CyPlayer (same tags otherwise) in anything that has to do with isNukesValid.

4. Epona222

Epona222 Warlord

I've now posted more full details and screenshots, I vaguely noticed it in my last game but that was quite a pacifist game, this one I am building more units and it struck me that I wasn't getting the starting XP I was expecting :mad: then it struck me that the game was just giving me duff information about what starting XP my units were going to get :mischief:

In this current game which is a bit more military than my last game, it's started to do my head in - I need to know what XP my units will start out with so I can decide where to build them, or decide whether I need to build another XP giving building in a city to get another starting promotion (+1 starting XP can make a difference if it means the difference between 1 promotions and 2, or 2 promotions and 3, for new units) before queuing up units to build. I was fully expecting to be able to give my Coyote Runners built in that city the City Raider promotion (I have a lot of desert and camel resources, Mecca needs to fall to me and be assimilated because I'll get far more out of middle eastern culture than the one I started with), instead they only had 1 XP and no city raider promotion :( Because I can't possibly remember what is obsolete and what isn't, there are like thousands of bloomin buildings in the game now! Which is a good thing, but I can't remember what has already gone obsolete when I want to build a unit, I need to be able to trust that info on the screen.

5. azcore

azcore Chieftain

Neanderthals are not spawned starting from rev 2616.
    I have found that they were disabled in A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml:

<DefineName>NEANDERTHAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>100</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>

was changed to:

<DefineName>NEANDERTHAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>

Also SHOW_BUILDINGS_LEVEL value was changed from 3 to 0 in the same file.
    There was no mention of these changes in commit log message, so I think it was unintentional.

6. szemek77

szemek77 Prince

Whether to use this option or not is one thing, and your explanation is credible, so I take it. But I just wanted to claim that it is not working TECHNICALLY in current version. That's a different story.

Coming back to your explanation - I was and I still am a strong proponent of this option. Without elaborating on this I simply perceive it as an option which makes the military aspect in CIV IV more realistic. However, if AI doesn't understand what to do I admit that it is better not to use it. Pity, though.

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Ooops, that was me:blush: When I did the sync I forgot about not syncing that file.

8. Cosmic Fox

Cosmic Fox Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator

XML errors from the download link I tried, never loaded at all. Entire file bad..

You guys should use only Mod DB site for downloads, much better place to grab files from in my opinion! :p

9. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Ask and you shall receive.:p

http://www.moddb.com/mods/caveman2cosmos

EDIT: @DH

see attached. TXT needed.

10. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

That was the text fix I did late last night.

12. Osk21

Osk21 Barbarian Killer and Beast Trainer & Solar System!

I have noticed a couple of minor bugs. I have met, repeatedly, a large saltwater croc that has 360% fight advantage vs ships. Have also met many crocs, large and small that are normal strength.

I also tend to build clay pits very early in a city and something that happened evidently put many clay pits on the choices to build list.

Other than that version 23 has been awesome. It amazes me how each new version becomes even more fascinating than the last. It's all about having lots of choices. Many many thanks to everyone on the mod team for their hard work.:goodjob:

13. azcore

azcore Chieftain

I think, that means some text string is missing?

Attached Files:

14. strategyonly

You forgot to say what civ your playing under?

15. azcore

azcore Chieftain

Russian. And Nakasuk is Inuit.

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The problem has been fixed in the beta for the next version (SVN).

17. azcore

azcore Chieftain

Copied from C2C: Promothions thread:

Yes, I've noticed that as well. In current game I have level 14 Stone Axeman (185xp) due to that effect and I feel it sort of gamebreaking.
    I am on last place by troop size in demographics but having good power rating(because of that unit I suspect), so AI fears to attack me. And rightfully so - that unit alone can defeat an army. It seems that AI can't grow such experienced troops, so I fear that gives player very unfair advantage over AI.

Do I need to upload savegame?

18. azcore

azcore Chieftain

"Revolution Watch" screen which opens with 'CheGevara' button shows default domestic advisor views. When I added some views to show rev specific data they were lost after quitting the game.

Attached Files:

19. strategyonly

@ Hydro:

Got this error message:

EDIT: All the TXT entries are there, but nothing in the BonusInfo's area??

20. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Its not my error really. The bonus is missing which is effecting my astrogeology lab. not sure why Mars Rocks were removed. They should be in the mod. I am waiting for DH to put them back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.