v23 Bugs and Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird CTD when trying to go to do something in the WB ? Usually means something wrong with an ArtDefineInfo problem?

SVN 2592, minidump & savedgame

EDIT: Lately in the SVN copy also, the Gear in pick sometimes detaches when in a stack type, so does the GC???

The audiodefine.xml got corrupted at some point recently - when I updated the SVN today it was shown as "in a conflicted state" - starting the game from there would result in a crash to desktop with no error message. Deleting the file and having the SVN restore it solved the problem.

Maybe there is a similar problem with the v23 release?
Try this:
Go to the folder where you have installed C2C - then go to \assets\xml\audio\ and look for the audiodefines.xml. Rename that to audiodefines.xml.bak.
Then download the attached file from here and unzip it into the folder where the audiodefines.xml was.
Start the game. Does that work?

Nope that didn't fix it.

i always get a ctd when the wonders are finished(when their video starts). any fix yet????

This usually means that your machine can't handle the level of graphics you are using. OR if it is just one particular wonder then there is something wrong with that wonder - post save just before wonder is built and we can have a look.

If it is all movies then you will need to do something about your graphics settings. You can try and reduce the building graphics level in Asets/XML/A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml. If that does not work then you may need to turn off movies.

Weird CTD when trying to go to do something in the WB ? Usually means something wrong with an ArtDefineInfo problem?

I always have that problem. I just need to save, exit and reload. then go into WB before doing anything else. It is just a memory problem.

EDIT: Lately in the SVN copy also, the Gear in pick sometimes detaches when in a stack type???

I find this is normal if you have clicked on a plot which has enemy units on it. Those units that can attack will go do it leaving those without enough movement points left behind. Most annoying.

i always get a ctd when the wonders are finished(when their video starts). any fix yet????

Remove the Wonder Playing in options and you won't have this problem.
That is in normal Options (CTRL+o ingame, Graphics, option No Movies checked) for a change, not XML editing or INI file editing. *smile*

Cheers

Getting a CTD after launching a new game (as the map appears). Straight to desktop, no error messages.

That'd most likely be either the map you're using might have a bug OR, and this is more likely, you have installed improperly. There's been a lot of discussion on that matter in the main c2c thread. Let us know if you continue to have trouble. Also, note that there still may be a bug in the Normal and faster gamespeeds that may cause an effect like that.

That'd most likely be either the map you're using might have a bug OR, and this is more likely, you have installed improperly.

I'm guessing it's the map. When crashes like that happen to me, it's almost always the map doesn't work with the particular mod. As far as the improper install goes for THIS mod, it doesn't crash but gives XML errors before the main menu appears, not when loading a game.

I had some XML errors first, then realised there a part 2 was required... Re-installed everything, loaded okthen a MAF crash occured when regnerating the map.

I'll try a different map, see if that makes a difference.

There is a small problem with the current SVN. Yesterday, I changed the start date, but a modifier recalc does not re-map the start date. This means that until Koshling fixes this old saves will show you being in 33000 AD or something after a modifier recalc.

Getting a CTD after launching a new game (as the map appears). Straight to desktop, no error messages.

I had some XML errors first, then realised there a part 2 was required... Re-installed everything, loaded okthen a MAF crash occured when regnerating the map.

I'll try a different map, see if that makes a difference.

In the download area, make sure you read the RED words on installing thx.

Yeah, saw the part 2 going in assets in the end. It's running now, but have had the odd CTD.

OK if it CTD, we need a minidump and the savedgame, and where its happening or what your doing to make it happen, plus a screenshot just before it happens also, thx.

@ori:

Have an error message on your latest SVN upload:

From the looks of it, you just put the events tag(s) backwards:

Code:
<iAIValue>1000</iAIValue>
		<EventInfo>
		</EventInfo>
			<Type>EVENT_MAN_NAMED_JED_1</Type>

Should be:

Code:
		[B]</EventInfo>
                <EventInfo>[/B]		

@SO,

Code:

<EventInfo>		
</EventInfo>

Isn't This the proper sequence?

JosEPh

Did something happened recently to the Random Events? I am getting bunch of XML loading zero value warnings related to Random Events plus I am getting CTD after few turns supposedly when RE is called. I have an auto save which is causing CTD when reloaded.(downloaded new repository, started alernative new version download plus svn update, last working version before 2605, didn't check ver2ver after )

EDIT: Just noticed posts above.....my bad

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-38200.CivBeyondSwordSave
    917.9 KB · Views: 46
@ori:

Have an error message on your latest SVN upload:

From the looks of it, you just put the events tag(s) backwards:

Code:
		<EventInfo>
		</EventInfo>

Should be:

Code:
		[B]</EventInfo>
                <EventInfo>[/B]		

Did something happened recently to the Random Events? I am getting bunch of XML loading zero value warnings related to Random Events plus I am getting CTD after few turns supposedly when RE is called. I have an auto save which is causing CTD when reloaded.(downloaded new repository, started alernative new version download plus svn update, last working version before 2605, didn't check ver2ver after )

EDIT: Just noticed posts above.....my bad

Fixed the SVN copy, sorry ori, didnt know you were around....:blush:

There is a small problem with the current SVN. Yesterday, I changed the start date, but a modifier recalc does not re-map the start date. This means that until Koshling fixes this old saves will show you being in 33000 AD or something after a modifier recalc.

It's not just old saves, I started a new game today (SVN 2605) and as the screenshot shows it is at turn 163 and apparently already 1040AD. This is on GEM pre Columbian.

As an aside, I don't think I've made it past Industrial Age yet before starting again, there is just too much cool stuff being added in to miss out on :lol:

Thanks all and keep up the great work.

Attachments

• C2C_bug_1.jpg
    C2C_bug_1.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom