1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

V24 Bugs/crashes reporting thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

I get black terrain again with SVN 3199.

2. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Same thing. Anything that works by 'preventing you viewing' the map has to be there for the fade out period, so its a 10 second 'switching viewports' message. I know I'd find that unacceptable, having played with viewports on for the last month - switches become quite frequent once you expand enough.

3. T C

T C Prince

With the latest SVN (3200), I seem to be having a major slowdown problem right at the beginning of the game. Also there appears to be some missing terrain. Savanna, bamboo and forests showing in text and still give movement penalties but the graphics don't appear somtimes.

Everything was fine before I updated and I haven't changed any graphics settings.

Some screenshots.

Attached Files:

4. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

I have the same issue as TC above, and have traced it to SVN 3197. Since SVN 3197, for me any terrain revealed from the fog of War does not show any features. This is easily detected by turning Yield Displays on.

The first screen shot shows an opening move using SVN 3196. The second screen shot shows the exact same move and game, but this time with SVN 3197. Can you spot the differences? Notice how the river West of the Band ends in a straight cut.

I can reproduce this with Medium and High graphic settings and any anti-alias setting. I have viewports turned off. Graphics card is ATI Radeon HD5800 Series w/ 1G video memory.

View attachment 327218

Note that using SVN, you can exclude revisions 3197 and 3198 from subsequent revisions and continue playing. I think this will only work until there is a change to the Core DLL.

5. dusckr87

dusckr87 Prince

That was a viewport change (as was 3198). I'm assuming you are playing with viewports enabled?

6. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

What do you mean by "major slowdown", whats the difference from before??

10 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, explain please, Major to me is more than 1 minute for turn?? And there is NO way it should be more than 10 seconds in Prehistoric times, unless you play that darn GEM map?? If its the GEM map, then please explain that in that map thread, thx.

Have you looked over the Black Terrain thread??

7. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Some of the viewport code has an effect regardless of if a viewport is set or not.

8. dusckr87

dusckr87 Prince

I was afraid of that...that's why I cringe when I see those updates and hold off on changing my working copy until no one seems to mention anything "wrong" with them in these threads.;)

9. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

I have made no config changes to enable viewports, and I believe viewports are off by default?

10. T C

T C Prince

Yeah sorry, my post wasn't clear at all. I mean that it's very slow to move a unit, I click on the unit, select the move but it takes a while to execute. Only a short time (a few seconds) but maybe 5-6x longer than previously. This is a change since yesterday.

Turn times are fine.

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

All moves, or only moves that reveal new tiles?

12. T C

T C Prince

All moves.

13. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Ok, that's odd then - can't be the new viewport stuff since it only executes anything different on revealing moves.

14. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

Yes, and it is not a general issue with my computer which is quite strong (Win 7 64 prof, 16Gig RAM, ATI 6870 graphics). Instead it has to do with recent changes in the SVN.

I have no problems with black terrain in a 2 day old SVN, but with the current 3199 I see it (same save game). And if I reload a black terrain savegame with the older SVN then the issue is gone.

15. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Latest SVN (rev3200) with absolutely nothing modified, pure SVN, I have the same problem with graphics being out of whack. Rivers not visible, features not visible. They are there on mouse-over on the plots though.
    Everything I initially saw is displaying correctly. Everything I've revealed since shows only base terrain, including coast and ocean.

Cheers

EDIT: Reloading game from auto save gives me the correct graphics again on all currently revealed plots, but again anything I reveal displays as base terrain void of features.

Cheers

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I've made some changes to address the last day or so's concerns over the veiwport switching code (and the issues it was causing). See the SVN thread for details.

17. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Bug, stack: When i click on the group to pick only one out of the group it STILL selects all of them and i cant get it selected until i go to the UNselect all area and click on that, but then still when i click on that sometimes it STILL picks the whole group again, and you have to use the arrows to backtrack to where you want to go, then "try" selecting it again, you have to do that each and every unit you want to play separate from the group:crazyeye:

screenie is in attached zip with savedgame

18. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

Your fix (SVN 3202) works for me (viewports not activated), and no doubt everyone else. Thanks very much for the prompt and efficient response. For so many folks that were just so dissapointed with Civ V, this mod has kept our joy of Civ alive. Hopefully you'll get the contract for Civ 6.

All the best, now back to the game!

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

That is what the "ungroup" action button is for. However I agree it has been behaving somewhat differently than expected but that the problem has been around for awhile.

20. dusckr87

dusckr87 Prince

I took the plunge and changed from 3186 to 3202 (but kept 3186 just in case) and see no immediate "problems" as well (though I didn't have any units out that could reveal new terrain, so I probably wouldn't have noticed anything anyway).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.