• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Vancouver - Victoria

The_Godfather

Chieftain
Its 2015, after the fifth and finally successful Quebec referendum, Jim Flaherty's Conservative gov't in Ottawa has invaded the province and placed it under martial law in an attempt to stop Quebec from seceding from Canada. In western Canada, sentiment for seperation has also been growing, fed by the federal gov't's eastern oriented policies and huge population growth. By this time, Alberta's population had swollen to nearly 8 from 3 million, BC to 7 from 4 million, and Saskachewan to 3 from 1 million. Despite the civil war in Ontario and Quebec, the western provinces of Saskachewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and the Yukon and Northwest Territories, enacted the seperation clause of the constitution and began the process.

However, something went terribly wrong, in the elections of 2014, the Republican Presidential candidate Condoleeza Rice captured only 8% of the popular vote after a dismal and disastrous campaign. In an effort to satisfy her ambitions, she launched a military coup with the full support of the US Marine Corps, US Air Force, and the CIA. Even though the civil war lasted a mere year and a half, over 10 million Americans were killed and the eastern seaboard and California were laid waste. Seeing this sudden dissolution of the North American continent shocked the world as it watched in silence. In droves, the individual states left and formed their own alliances to protect themselves from aggressive neighbours. Condy was killed on New Years Day 2015, nine months after hostilities commenced.

Meanwhile, up in Canada, a civil war raged from Toronto to Quebec City. Newfoundland also left the federation and placed itself under the protection of Great Britain. The Maritime provinces (PEI, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia) left and formed their own coalition to ward off attack.

In western Canada, British Columbia and the Yukon Territory, tired of Alberta's squabbling and created their own nation (British Columbia). Alberta, Saskachewan, and the Northwest Territories created an alliance.

Washington state and Oregon, united by Ted Kulongoski and Christine Gregoire under a military dictatorship, became the Oregon Territory. However both being the old bags they were, ruled weakly and there was much strife and corruption within the gov't.

In British Columbia, Gordon Campbell swept to power after the dust settled (he had been Premier for the last 14 years) and named himself Governor General of a fragile one-party "democracy". But people grew so disillusioned with his rule that the gov't quickly lost control on Vancouver Island and everything east of the Okanagan Valley. Eventually gov't control diminished to the Lower Mainland and the Sunshine coast with the capital in Vancouver.

On Vancouver Island, Keith Martin (a former federal Finance Minister), was elected Prime Minister.

It is your duty to play as either the Oregon Territory, British Columbia, or the Vancouver Islanders and lead your people to regional dominance. British Columbia is in a locked war with both rivals (a war of defence against American expansionist policies and unity war to regain control of Vancouver Island) but Vancouver Island and the Oregon Territory are free to do as they wish with each other. But watch out! There is a surprise for those who play Vancouver Island.

Credits: Thanks to Mr Black who made this map, all i did was put the overlays on and make up a story line:goodjob: .

If you want to use alternate graphics, i would recommend using the The Cold War 1.6 terrain and city and rescource graphics, they are very good.

Instructions: dl to desktop and unzip it into your scenarios>conquests folder. Should work fine since i didnt add any new graphics to it. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Van-Vic Map v1.0.zip
    59.7 KB · Views: 290
hehe yea, it is my first scenario i put on line. ive made quite a few for personal enjoyment though. and i had alot of fun coming up with the story line, so i hope people enjoy it. the map is pretty sweet.

nice map

i'll give it a try after the exams ;-)

A chance to blow up stuff in Canada? I'll take it!!! It would be pretty cool if you included all of North America though....

well you know... i was thinking about making a sequel with a larger map, maybe of the whole continent, or large pieces thereof, but i dont have time untill i finish my exams.

anyways, what do people think of the scenario? feedback/comments/criticism are welcome.

looks cool, but the story line's just a little weird. Its generally regarded as a central tenet of politics in America that no matter how badly one party screws up, they still get a minimum of 40% of the vote... though it is still funny. nice job overall though.

lol i know its pretty out there. and i also dont live in America so i dont know those things...

This is the part where I should point out that there isn't going to be an American presidential election in 2014.
Whose side is Manitoba on? (Ontario/Federalist would probably make the most sense)

what's with the city locations in Washington? they're all wrong. :confused: san juan isn't a city it's an island (and it's on the wrong island; friday harbor is the city). bellevue is east of lake washington (which isn't even on the map). where everett actually is, isn't even on the map. bellingham should be closer to where everett is currently placed. i think the canadian cities are closer to where they should be but i don't know for sure (i'm from Washington). oh, also if the scenario is going to include everett, then everett should be the capitol as it is the most important (naval base, port, county seat, etc.), not to mention largest, city north of seattle. not trying to be harsh but as a native of Washington i felt the need to point some things out. anyway, the story, while a bit fantastic, is interesting and i plan on trying out the scenario when i have time.

p.s. point roberts was right on :D

Interesting premise, although the scenario is a bit... dull.

If you could expand it to include all of NA, or at least all of Canada, this could be an awesome scenario, especially with the storyline you already have set out.

Top Bottom