Vanilla 1.74 - Double Team

I resent the game. Sorry for the delay, I don't always receive new post emails. If I ever don't answer for more than a day, feel free to email me.

Hello,

I've sent the 1360 game again. I had played it a few days ago but it might be possible it didn't reach Mike.
I've resent it aswell :)

OK, it looks like we figured that one out. For some reason, I never received that file.

I played it, and sent it on.

Thanks!

The miracles of the internet :p
Well, I think we all need to start posting in this thread when we send a file... would make sense from now on. So we avoid losing a savegame on the internetZ

1360bc sent.

Lost a scout to the lions :mad: 19 turns to Oracle now in London, still finishing the settler in Moscow.

I'm thinking we might want to start lining up a fourth player. Elros is MIA. Do you guys want me to talk to Ulfang about joining my team, since he was our 5th, iirc?

The only problem with that is because of the order, it would go EU-US-UK-US (whatever Belgium's two-letter code is). Too bad, we could have had a regular old Atlantic rivalry match if we'd known earlier...

Also, I'm thinking about transferring some of my hut pops from Moscow to London, since Cathy has 150:gold: and I only have 45:gold: and I'm the one that's going to be having the :commerce: problems. Maybe I should do that before we get another fourth player eh?

1320bc sent.

ARGH, I lost a scout aswell, to a wounded panther... my luck!
Anyway, most of my close territory is revealed anyway.

Axeman due next turn, then i'll start on the settler in 3 turns so I grow to next size and can start using my cottages. Our team science rate is way too low...

Regarding replacing Elros, well, it's ok with me if it's ok for Ulf :)
Since you know each others, it will make it easier. Let's bring him along.

Port?

Man, I'm glad we're back on a roll. Both of my PBEM games died were lost at the same time.

I just finished a settler, so I'm bringing my Archer who has been exploring back home, and I'm going to start a city just to the north west of my capital. I'll be starting to crimp off the land mass that way, and getting at least 1 gold resource.

My scout was beaten to within an inch of his life by some wild animal. I'm not sure since I didn't see it happen.

I'm perfectly fine with Ulfang joining up. To be honest, if we wanted to restart and change the play order, or even the teams, that's fine by me too. The classic start games are much faster to get going.

1320bc sent.

I'll send a PM to Ulfang then.
I don't really want to start over again. I think we can manage this way alright.

I sent the turn off. I was kind of curious about his instructions though, he asked me to use his entire civilization to wear down the enemy, selflessly sacrificing themselves so that my civilization can walk in unchallenged.

Go figure.

I also finished the settler in Moscow. I sent him with the archer to the east. I'm thinking of settling them at the spot 5 tiles directly east. I have a basic dotmap for the east planned out, but I want to let Ulfang or whoever gets the new spot choose for themselves, although this one's about to be chosen for them. Here's the plan I've got so far. I don't like the one I'm about to settle simply because it's resourceless, but it should make a decent cottage city up to pop 7 or 8. I count about 6 good grasslands tiles (plus a farm), plus some coastal tiles, and then fill in what I can on the plains.

I'm thinking about moving it up one to grab some hills so it can actually produce stuff, though. I don't like having to rely on just plains for my production - I'd like at the very least one mined hill. But then the city above it will need those tiles before long, so it's somewhat pointless.

Welcome, teammate!
The strat thread is here, I suggest you subscribe:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=298170

The rules are, iirc, full coop, no secret messages, and regular "reports" until ~1000ad, and from there we'll figure out how to turn a coop game into a team match. Definitely check out that strat thread before making any moves.

To let you know, your scout is wounded and healing for ~4 turns, your worker's making a mine, and your settler is heading due east 5 tiles from the capital. Savegame should be in your mailbox when Port gets to it, or if you PM me your e-mail I could forward it to you (I think I forgot your e-mail). I've been playing your start off as a high-GNP guy to match with my productive wonder/GP start, so hence the cottages.

My next move was going to be a work boat after the archer for you. It was, of course, for my sake, so you can choose something else if you like, but I'll be whining for some health soon enough, just to let you know ;)

Top Bottom