• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Varica: In Haeka's Name

Gibraly Empire
Ruler: Lord Thomas II/thomas.berubeg
Cities: Gibral(7,500), Morc (2,500), Adrit, (2,500)
Ruling Tribe: Gibral/7
Income: 4/1/0
Trade Routes: None
Vassal Tribes:
Purgal – 4, Content
Terca – 4, Apathetic
Military: 100 Archers, 100 Spearmen
Summary:

By the will of Lord Haeka and lord Hroth, the Followers of the Prophet Gibral set out into the wilderness 120 years ago. Through thier faith in Lord Haeka, they were privileged to establish a City, named after thier King, Lord Gibral. Lord Gibral was a wise and loyal ruler, a favorite of Lord Hroth. Under his rule, the Gibral people, as they became known, prospered, and, though the strength and will of Lord Haeka, brought The native people of Purgal and Terca to the light. over the generations, the Tribe grew, and settlers founded two new cities, rivals to Gibral in greatness and Splendor...

Would it be possible to start as a Confederacy not formerly linked to the Varican Empire on the first turn? The rules seem to imply that it can only be done after the first turn, which is why I ask.

Would it be possible to start as a Confederacy not formerly linked to the Varican Empire on the first turn? The rules seem to imply that it can only be done after the first turn, which is why I ask.

I might allow a few. I want to make sure I have a suitable number of Varicans first (at least 6).

Hope you get the map up soon and we can get plotting ;)

Teraldur
Ruler: Tyrion Warrior King/Tyrion
Cities: Teral (15,000)
Ruling Tribe: Tera/7
Vassal Tribes:
Heras – 4, Apathetic
Islar – 4, Apathetic
Summary: The Empire of Teraldur was formed shortly after Tyrion ascended the throne within his own tribe. After forming a coalition with his uncles tribe of Angter, Tyrion led the tribes in the subjugation of Heras, Tera's closest neighbour. Upon hearing of the subjugation of their most feared enemy, Heras, the Islar approached Tyrion with an offer of their loyalty in exchange for a worthy position in his empire and protection from the threats surrounding them

12 CP (Creation Points)

Spend 5 CP on an additional settlement, Aster.
Spend 4 CP on an additional Vassel. Angter
Spend 2 Points on a Vassal Loyalty increase for Angter
Spend 1 Point on Extra people for Aster.

Fulton, do you want a spending point breakdown?

If so,

10 Points for two new settlements
2 point to change Vassal loyalty, purgal

I'll be lurking, sci fi NESes are usually too confusing for me.

I'm expressing my interest in joining as the Varicans, and I will. Though don't expect too much in the way of stories from me until after mid-May :D

Hazkaven
Ruler: King Korgen Kav/Charles Li
Cities: Haznakan (7,500) Cainsian (3,000)
Ruling Tribe: You king’s tribe/8
Vassal Tribes:
Haznac– 4, Apathetic
Corndon – 4, Apathetic
Yaxkuz-4, Apathetic
Summary: The Hazkaven are the civilized outposts in the Land of Fish an Wheat, or so they say. They could have easily straddle a lesser range or lied. (Mod decides, then I edit). But they have aided three other tribes on a path to civilization... Now, what will the Future hold?

12 CP
- 4 for 1 vassal
- 5 for settlement of Cainsain (cain- SY -an)
- 1 for 500 settlers to Cainsian
- 2 to King's power

You know I will play this Fulton, but it is past midnight now so I'll do a write up in the morning.

EDIT: Useless but still a good read.

Kaven Kings

Any travelers might assume as they reach Hazkaven, or known as Hasven to the merchants, to see a barbaric and uncivilized city with slaves and warriors. But one look proves them false... the capital Haznakan is the center of three apathetic vassals, each half their own strength. And at a junction the bustling town of Cainsian channeled travelers to the Land of the Wheat and Fish.

One reason is the Kaven Kings. Formally from a Varican Knightly Clan. They escaped the chaos with 5,000 noble souls for the fabled lands of the Fish and Wheat. Revia Kov and 500 of his men didn't survive the first winter encampment. His son, Kinvik, was leading a scouting mission for food and shelter when they stubbled upon the Haznac. The friendly people sheltered the growing tribe and the next year, 4,900 men including 400 children marched to build Haznakan.

Their population skyrocketed. Barely 5 years since they came they outnumbered the Haznac. A minor barbarian intrusion convinced that the weakling now made great can protect them. The Yaxkuz War was fought. For 5 years more they fought, the free villages of Corndon merged into a city and became a vassal. At the end of the war peace was called. All we happy that the war ended.

However, just 7 years later, 17 years since they escaped the growing violence of their homeland, Kinvik was assassinated by Blowdart. In an epic struggle they won the admireation, if not only grudingly, of the Yaxkuz. They accepted Vassalage IF they can continue to raid enemy villages. And so, the Hazkaven Confederacy formed. And the Norzkav tribe is as strong as ever.

(sorry for spelling :D)

@ thomas.berubeg,
Welcome aboard! Approved.

@ Abbadon,
The map is almost finished. My friend just has to do a few finishing touches and teach me how to edit it easily.

@ Tyrion,
Welcome aboard! Approved.

@ Lord_Iggy & alex994,
I am afraid that the Varican Empire itself is not playable. It has an income of almost four times the other PC nations. Varica will spend much of the game fighting the Northern Tribes and internal rebels. I may be willing to let people play the Northern Tribes, Gamars, or the Yumin however. They are slightly more powerful than other PCs, but they have rather unique situations.

@HunterG24,
It’ll be good to have you.

@ Charles Li,
You can only start off in the Homelands and migrate outwards afterwards. I will show you where starting players can settle once the map is up. Otherwise, just give a name to your king’s tribe in your stats, and you’re pretty much ready to play.

Waiting for a map, especially since it seems that it will come quickly. I assume that we can take some creative liberties with regards to past history, as long as it adheres to the canon established on the front page?

Waiting for a map, especially since it seems that it will come quickly. I assume that we can take some creative liberties with regards to past history, as long as it adheres to the canon established on the front page?

Yes. Have fun with it.

Basics:

Dynasty: Kaven

King: Korgen Kav

Confederacy Name: Yuxukkavia (yuks-u-KA-vi-a)

Royal Tribe: Hazkaven (haz-ka-VEN)

Here are edited stats and discription:

Yuxukkavia
Ruler: King Korgen Kav/Charles Li
Cities: Haznakan (7,500) Cainsian (3,000)
Ruling Tribe: Hazkaven/8
Vassal Tribes:
Haznac– 4, Apathetic
Corndon – 4, Apathetic
Yaxkuz-4, Apathetic
Summary: The Kavian kings are often the first towns travelers that tell of 'The Land of the Fish and Wheat' arrive in. They already have a strong warrior culture and befriended many lesser tribes, of which Haznac was with them from the begining. Many wanted to travel there, but the king said that until they get enough troops to protect them all in the far away land, they will expand to the south slowly for more effective out/trading posts.

I am expressing my tentative interest.

This looks interesting... I'll most likely join upon seeing the map.

@ Charles Li,
Approved! Welcome aboard.

Nine players in various degrees of consideration and three ready to play. Not a bad start.

Top Bottom