Varietas Delectat Revived

I'm thinking about adding civs that came after IV like the Brazilians, the Indonesians, the Moroccans, the Venetians, and the Huns, though there needs to be complete unit sets for those civs, of which wouldn't be hard to add for the most part.

I'm thinking about adding civs that came after IV like the Brazilians, the Indonesians, the Moroccans, the Venetians, and the Huns, though there needs to be complete unit sets for those civs, of which wouldn't be hard to add for the most part.
Dawn of Civilization has a complete set of units for the Indonesians and has Industrial and Modern units for Brazil. After we finish Bohemia we will work on a unit set for the Almohads which use Moroccan units so you could use that.

Until now we have something like this:
Spoiler Bohemia :
Bohemia Unit Pack.JPG

No modern units yet, I'm still working on the Donkey and the Horse for the settler. Also no Naval units yet.
I will try to create an Explorer and a Worker next but today I won't be at my computer for most of the day.

I have ideas for some of the modern units for Japan:

Heavy Tank: Either a reskinned Tiger tank or either the Type 4 or Type 5 heavy tanks (both of them being featured in World of Tanks)
Jet Bomber: Yokusuka Tenga
Attack Aircraft: Mitsubishi F-1
AFV: Type 60 APC, Type 98 So-Da, or Type 1 Ho-Ha
Modern Artillery: Type 99 SPH
Advanced Tactical Fighter: Mitsubishi X-2 Shinshin
Armored Car: Vickers Crossley AC
Recon Car: Chiyoda, Type 91, or Type 93 ACs
Humvee: Komatsu LAV
Mobile SAM: Type 81, Type 93 SAM mounted on a Toyota Mega Cruiser, or Type 03 Chu-SAM

Now of course there needs to be some qualified modellers out there who can make these models exist, unless I am mistaken.

Last edited:
I should note that I have been working on revising the unit art for the industrial and modern units for many civs for years, and I have shown a small sample of what I did (though one unit isn't showing up due to a glitch):

While Korea's and the Inca's units are self-explanatory, the other sample civs (Byzantium, Carthage, and Holy Rome) are slightly tricky but I did figure out that the first one would be more based on Bulgaria and Greece, the second on France, Italy, and Algeria, and the last one on Austria plus Germany and the other modern countries that inhabit where the Holy Roman Empire used to be.

And speaking of glitch, apparently when I play as Holy Rome, the UI doesn't show up and that when I put in HR's early plane, the game crashes, which might explain things, so I might have to fix that (afterall, the revision is a WIP).

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 368
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 366
That crash you are having is a broken KFM thing. Either that or broken XML. And your missing unit means your XML is broken and points to the wrong nif.

Top Bottom