Version 1.0.1.221a Available

Works great for me. Free worker! Free great person makes up for losing the library in early game.

I'm seeing some graphics improvements as well. The rather bland looking farms of previous versions are more vibrant.

*gives Ryan a hug*

odd. I can't find any new patch information on the steam webpage and my copy of CiV hasn't updated. Is this because I'm in Asia?

Just d/l'ed, and getting ready to fire it up.

+5 to AspyrRyan for the continued good work!

Thanks!

Graven, I have no information on that. Except for Mac specific issues, our patches are based entirely on the PC version of the patch. If Firaxis implements hotseat on PCs, then it won't be too far behind for the Mac.

Graven, I have no information on that. Except for Mac specific issues, our patches are based entirely on the PC version of the patch. If Firaxis implements hotseat on PCs, then it won't be too far behind for the Mac.

Gotcha...thanks for the quick response.

My only update is that the patch is now available via Steam. The patch notes are available here:
http://blog.gameagent.com/2011/04/18/latest-civilization-v-mac-patch-released/

Thanks. I noticed that it was downloading something as I played this morning before work (WoW Maintenance day don't you know).

I can't say I see a lot of difference, but that's because I'm at about 1750AD in my current game and Trading Posts now give +2g etc. But I do notice the changes in looking around.

Thanks for the Patch Aspyr!

Cheers.

Seems to play quite a bit better. i came here today to complain. I haven't played this game in months... I'm on Spring Break, so I fired it up. Unplayable on the mac side. I booted to Boot Camp, and it played wonderfully. Same system... different OS. So i was going to b-tch about how poorly it played on the Mac. Hopefully, this patch seems to have fixed some of the bugs (knock wood).

Still really slow with any sort of graphics.

I downloaded the patch and immediately started a new game, as a lot of game balance stuff was early on. I'm Spain for the first time, still no Polynesia, but I haven't played with everyone yet...

I didn't change my strategy much. One big thing is you now have a reason to build stables. Also Marble went up in value in my opinion as before I didn't know it helped build wonders at all.

I like Tradition more now obviously too. I opted for a modified National College start I guess. I had my capital and researched mining and eventually stone query so I could use my marble. Work boats have gone up in cost, this is actually a big deal as they are my favourite things to buy as they are basically disposable.

I founded a second city to cut off the isthmus and build my two libraries, then national college then great library. I still think I was not in the lead technologically. I didn't get to do much exploring but I did find the city of gold, do you get a huge whack of cash when you do that?

I think I built a scout then a worker but I possibly built a monument first, I also took the new social policy where I got free monuments in my first four cities and then I expanded to four cities and stayed there for a while.

I'm in second after many turns which is good for a new patch and a civ I never played before. I'm playing King I think which for me is difficult to win at, I've only done it once.

Oh things seem darker overall graphically, but it runs OK, it is the later turns where it really drags so I'll give it a few more turns during the Canucks game I guess.

I may have missed it, but what does this patch bring the version too? I'd like to be able to compete in the HOF Gauntlets and was hoping this would allow me too. Edit: I assume it brings it to the name of this thread, but want to be sure.

Top Bottom