Version 2.4 feedback

"The blinking hint "press Alt + Ctrl + O to customize BUG Mod" in the mainscreen gets a little anoying. I couldn't find an option for deactivate."

It's one of the first checked boxes under one of the tabs (can't remember which one specifically though) in the bug mod.

I'm in about 1860 and I get a CTD, I have it saved up to the CTD. No idea why I get the CTD but I can't advance.

I'm on 2.4, I doubt it's anything computer related I have a really sick computer. I'll keep checking the thread as much as I can for updates. Really love this mod but it puts a hold on everything.

Here is my logs.

EDIT- I added the save game if needed too.

hello? :(

You must build the Granary 1st no matter the Era. Then build Bakery and Irrigation canals BEFORE you build Modern Granary. If you follow that sequence you will get All the goodies. Build a Modern Granary 1st and kiss those 2 goodbye.

This also occurred in RoM 2.31. That's where I discovered the "proper" sequence of building. :)

There's a similar sequence with barracks/shipyards.

JosEPh ;)

Patience my friend.

Since zappara resides in Finland it may take a day for an answer, or longer.

Maybe Strategyonly or kalimachus will see your post.

I'm not a modder just a long time player.

JosEPh :)

I just noticed, shouldn't salt appear on marshes as well? there are salt marshes in the world...

You must build the Granary 1st no matter the Era. Then build Bakery and Irrigation canals BEFORE you build Modern Granary. If you follow that sequence you will get All the goodies. Build a Modern Granary 1st and kiss those 2 goodbye.

This also occurred in RoM 2.31. That's where I discovered the "proper" sequence of building. :)

There's a similar sequence with barracks/shipyards.

JosEPh ;)

The problem gets really anoying if you start the game at a later area or if you conquer cities were are already the modern granary is build and the irrigation canals are missing. There should be another solution.

Thanks for your thoughts!

"The blinking hint "press Alt + Ctrl + O to customize BUG Mod" in the mainscreen gets a little anoying. I couldn't find an option for deactivate."

It's one of the first checked boxes under one of the tabs (can't remember which one specifically though) in the bug mod.

Yes, quite right. I found it under the tab system. Thanks for the info :D!

Ummmmm, is it just me? or do other people get the occasional random unit graphic that runs across your screen? I've had it since v2.2, and it became progressively more common each proceeding version.

Ummmmm, is it just me? or do other people get the occasional random unit graphic that runs across your screen? I've had it since v2.2, and it became progressively more common each proceeding version.

It does the same thing in unmodded mode, just a funny little civ 4 bug . I lmfao every time it happens. It's like the characters went to go get some coffee while you weren't looking at them and rush back to the scene when it's their act.:lol:

Download patch v2.4->v2.41

Version 2.41 release notes:
Spoiler :
Python
------
- Changed: Spy spawning disabled from Revolution component due to possible CTD issue - if civ doesn't have palace (ie. no capital, is this possible?) and his spy successfully completes mission and then can't return to palace, the game crashes
- Changed: Spy unitcombat group enabled in BugUnitNameOptionsTab.py (also added to 'Unit Naming.xml')
- Fixed: Chevron stacker adjustments restored to default settings - apparently my changes in v2.31 weren't working as suppose to

Units
-----
- Fixed: Russian cossack upgrade paths
- Fixed: French Dragoon upgrade paths

Terrain
--------
- Changed: Marsh added to Battle effect for Forest terrain list (not working correctly yet)
- Added: Battle effect for Marsh terrain (not working correctly yet)

Mod Components
--------------
- Disabled by default: Battle Effects, after Marsh & Peat bog terrain features were added, these effects started to act incorrectly - possible bug with indexing terrain features?

Gametext
--------
- Fixed: Civ4lert messages (same text defines in 2 files were overwriting each other)

Events
------
- Changed: Coastal Reef event may happen more often

Other
-----
- Changed: Removed old BUG config info from 'Rise of Mankind.ini' and changed mod name+description
- Added: All RoM unit classes added to 'Adv Unit Naming.ini'

With this patch, Battle Effects are disabled by default so that the terrain won't act weirdly during wars.

Ah ok, just really really enjoy the mod and I'm stuck atm :(
I've downloaded your saved game file and will try to find time to check it later today or on weekend.

I just noticed, shouldn't salt appear on marshes as well? there are salt marshes in the world...
There is? Where? :D If anyone else can think of resources that should be appearing on Marsh plots, just let me know and I'll make changes for it to v2.5.

The problem gets really anoying if you start the game at a later area or if you conquer cities were are already the modern granary is build and the irrigation canals are missing. There should be another solution.

Thanks for your thoughts!
I'll try to figure some kind of solution for it in v2.5.

:lol: I haven't seen that happen. Does it happen on certain era or any time?

With Patch 2.4->2.41 I still get these errors:

- UNIT_ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN in Info class was incorrect (xml\Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos) twice on loading the mod

- BUG init: cannot find XML file for BUG init (after loading RoM 2.4 Huge Earth 18 civs)

- stacked units don't show up properly; only 1 unit is shown and only 1 button (in-game).:(

I'm playing with the 2.41 patch and now can't reply in AI initiated negotiations:

Cant Reply.JPG

With Patch 2.4->2.41 I still get these errors:

- UNIT_ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN in Info class was incorrect (xml\Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos) twice on loading the mod

- BUG init: cannot find XML file for BUG init (after loading RoM 2.4 Huge Earth 18 civs)

- stacked units don't show up properly; only 1 unit is shown and only 1 button (in-game).:(
Does this happen only with those pre-made maps or also when you start new game with random map? I'd assume we'll have to modify those map files and check what artstyles barbarians are set to use... I'll try installing whole mod again from the zip files on weekend and see if I can get those errors (I test all updates this way anyway always before uploading), maybe I've missed something.

I'm playing with the 2.41 patch and now can't reply in AI initiated negotiations:

View attachment 192363
Hmm, I'm sure I didn't touch diplomacy in any way.. could you enable logging as described in first post of this thread and then post them so I could take a look at them to see if there's some python errors?

coal can be found in marshes...i think. at least of peat i m sure and i somewhat recall it being able to form coal.

Hmm, I'm sure I didn't touch diplomacy in any way.. could you enable logging as described in first post of this thread and then post them so I could take a look at them to see if there's some python errors?

Here are the logs from right up to when another foreign AI tried to initiate something with me that I couldn't reply to again.

Attachments

• Can't Reply.zip
    695.9 KB · Views: 65

No, I have that too. More frequent after ranged bombing a unit stack I think. Some single unit comes from nowhere to join the battle a little late.

I have got another permanent CTD if you want to take a look. I guess it is related to the pink civilization, since it does not happen if you obliterate them with the world editor. Version 2.4

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    296.5 KB · Views: 68
:lol: I haven't seen that happen. Does it happen on certain era or any time?

Any era, usually associated with foot units (soldier units, horse units), it's just weird.

"UNIT_ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN in Info class was incorrect (xml\Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos) twice on loading the mod" Does this happen only with those pre-made maps or also when you start new game with random map? I'd assume we'll have to modify those map files and check what artstyles barbarians are set to use... I'll try installing whole mod again from the zip files on weekend and see if I can get those errors (I test all updates this way anyway always before uploading), maybe I've missed something.

I get it too, it's not when you're loading a map, just loading the mod.

Top Bottom