Version 2.4 feedback

Would be sweet if earth map for Rise of Mankind had more civs to play with (perhaps all of them)/ and or adding giant earth map to the game. I noticed that those quests to build libraries or a huge ship fleet etc... don't come up? that would be a nice addition as well. Otherwise, very sweet mod. Thanks!

Would be sweet if earth map for Rise of Mankind had more civs to play with (perhaps all of them)/ and or adding giant earth map to the game. I noticed that those quests to build libraries or a huge ship fleet etc... don't come up? that would be a nice addition as well. Otherwise, very sweet mod. Thanks!

Check out the maps thread. I made Genghis Kai's Giant Earth Map compatible with ROM, if somewhat shoddily.

Every game I start all bases immediately jump to legendary culture status the turn they are founded and as soon as someone gets three bases they win if culture victory is on.
Even with culture victory turned off it still happens and is a real pain on the smaller maps as 3 or more players spawning close to each other all getting legendary cities right from the start sees some major problems as the last player in the turn sequence knocks territory off all the others.

Any ideas what the problem is?

These settings. Always modern age and quickstart. All mods on except Revolution. 1 game with 2.31, 2 with 2.4 and 1 with 2.41. One of them was with a small map, but it crashed anyways.

I never started a war and ,y card is a Gforce 8400 GS with 512MB, so i don't think it is a MAF.
Does it crash with every different map type you choose or just with that one? I'm leaning towards mapscript issue with this one - I'll check if Johny Smith has made any corrections to those new map scripts since I downloaded them... When testing the mod, I tend to pick one map script randomly and for my real civ games I always use Smartmap script (I just love it how you can customize the planet with that script).

I made your suggested correction and also did the obvious of enabling Python Error Pop-Ups! So what does this signify (I'm assuming then this IS due to the BUG meddling you did in 2.41):
View attachment 192465

And here are the logs:
View attachment 192466
Hmm, there might be still some bug left with BUG's autolog component. I'll have to check again BUG's files from their svn and see if I missed some updated file.

Zappa first I want to say nice MOD one of my favorites, was wondering if the Giant and Gigantic maps were removed in version 2.41 as well as the Blitz and Snail speeds, or did I get a bad download.
If so I would suggest returning them in 2.5(since cannot go over 18 players now), but even without them great MOD loved it since I discovered it.
Those should be still there in v2.41. I hope you installed the patch correctly on top of RoM v2.4?

Starting up RoM, i get the same artstyle_barbarian problem on 2.41 as 2.4...
this is what the XML Error popup says:

Tag: UNIT_ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

same for the 2nd one too, so maybe you should look there for an irregularity. You could download your own mod and see how the mod differs after the dl to the one you have, Zap and see if theres a corruption of data somewhere.;)
Just a hunch but check if you have modular loading = 1 in Civ4config file as well in Rise Of Mankind.ini. Barbarian artstyle is included in modular format so I think the problem might be somewhere with this system.

Hey Zap

First, love RoM, thanks for all the work

The 2.4 patch has a few issues though in my opinion
1) Really don't like the marshes, maybe in a few spots around the planet, but there are everywhere
2) The change in color scheme for the map as a whole. Is it possible to make this optional?
3) Super Spies. The promotions listed in sevopedia don't really make sense. Alchemist and inquisitor have the same listed skill set

Just feedback, appreciate all the hard work again

FB
1) I fiddled with the mapscript little bit before releasing v2.4 - I tried to lower the amount of marsh plots but my changes didn't seem to affect it at all so I left the default code to release version.
2) v2.4 included all new terrain textures (were included with Marsh component) and I changed also the water textures and the textures in pedia sneak peek window. If you want to "disable" new terrain textures, look into Rise of Mankind\Assets\Art\Terrain... folders. Rename or remove textures from those terrain types you don't like to have, just DO NOT REMOVE swamp terrain files or you'll end up with pink map plots as the game can't find texture for that type.
3) I combined them as they were in the original component and I didn't look really into their modifiers as I thought those had tested values for that particular mod component. I don't know how the mod component is coded, so not sure what modifiers spies are now really able to use.

I've been reading these forums and noticed that there's possibly issue with Revolution mod component's bombard functionality ie. bombard is not always available for siege units. I also looked through some source files and seems the accuracy rates set for siege units doesn't affect the calculations at all since the actual modifier is not included in the algorithms!!! I hope these issues will get fixed once new RevDCM is released with new DLL file.

Edit: Seems new Revolution mod version has been released by jdog500 today so there will be probably update to glider's RevDCM mod too next week or the week after that (I hope). After glider releases his new mod version, I can combine it to RoM 2.5.

Next week I'll be moving to new apartment so instead of modding Civ, I'll be packing up my stuff. So I might not be as much around here for while - things should be back to normal in couple weeks so you'll have to "survive" without any emergency patches... I'll try to get that Extra civ addon pack update uploaded today...

Having trouble with game transferring in WinZip. I've downloaded from Filefront 3 times. however when I extraxt from WinZup, WinZip freezes up 2 bars from final extraction. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can complete download?

Update on the UNIT_ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN bug. I found out a workaround(?) for it. It seems that the mod folder needs to be named exactly "Rise of mankind". I like to rename the folder to reflect the version as well (like "Rise of mankind 2.41"), and that causes the message. Perhaps there is a wrong relative path somewhere in there?

Also three more things:
  • When this bug is present, I cannot start the game. I can select all the options and stuff, but when I start it, it just freezes at the point where it says "Setup map" (about 3/4 of the progress bar). After renaming the folder it works again;
  • When the bug is present, the ThemeParser.log file contains the following lines:
    Code:
    [Oct 26, 2008 - 10:40:12] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
    Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
    Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
    Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
    Error   : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
    Error   : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
  • 2.4/2.41 does not use Blue Marble. 2.3 and before had it, but 2.4 looks...umm...not so pretty. :)

Does it crash with every different map type you choose or just with that one? I'm leaning towards mapscript issue with this one - I'll check if Johny Smith has made any corrections to those new map scripts since I downloaded them... When testing the mod, I tend to pick one map script randomly and for my real civ games I always use Smartmap script (I just love it how you can customize the planet with that script).

I used Smartmap in a game, with 2-5 random continents, the other options in "normal" and a standard map, and it also crashed. Btw i installed the game in my laptop pc and loaded one savegame, and it keep crashing there too.

There seems to be a problem with the "Fantasy Realm" map script. Fantasy realm has these crazy combinations, like forest on top of desert, jungle on tundra etc., but with ROM 2.41 the map is completely normal, with none of the crazyness...

Well, Here we go again. I started another game yesterday and played ALLLL yesterday. I'm up to 1980 this time and the crash is back. Awesome mod just so fustrating. I even have a save thats like 10 turns before and the crash still starts everytime at 1980. Not sure what's going on. Here again are logs and the save....

EDIT- Save is attached and here is the logs link, won't let me upload another logs to this thread and it's the second time it's happened... This time it's 2.41, I've tried fresh installing ETC.

LOGS

Attachments

• Andy AD-1984.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 92
EDIT- Save is attached and here is the logs link, won't let me upload another logs to this thread and it's the second time it's happened... This time it's 2.41, I've tried fresh installing ETC.
Checked logs and I'm starting to see pattern forming with those logs. There's 2 things always at the end of python debug logs:

1. Revolt has started somewhere
2. AI unit attack odds have changed ie. there's fight somewhere

I think those both are related to what's happening in game on that turn with Revolution mod...

oh ok, Well I guess it has to do with the rev mod then, I'll just turn it off in the future. Love the RoM mod.

Just a hunch but check if you have modular loading = 1 in Civ4config file as well in Rise Of Mankind.ini. Barbarian artstyle is included in modular format so I think the problem might be somewhere with this system.

checked, modular loading was already on, but hearing from Vilx-, sounds like i gotta rename the mod back to Rise of Mankind (i too like to name the mod the version that it is) but, it doesn't hurt gameplay in anyway so far.

checked, modular loading was already on, but hearing from Vilx-, sounds like i gotta rename the mod back to Rise of Mankind (i too like to name the mod the version that it is) but, it doesn't hurt gameplay in anyway so far.

I had reported this earlier. It was also why I asked zappara about the Config Setting file still naming the Mod 2.2, which zap addressed in the 2.41 patch.

So Basically Yes. If you cahnge the Name of the Mod to anything Other than "Rise of Mankind" you get the Barb Artstyle error and the Map Setup bar stops at 2/3rds.

JosEPh :)

Need some help as I did not get any responses to earlier thread.
Having trouble with game transferring in WinZip. I've downloaded from Filefront 4 times. however when I extraxt from WinZup, WinZip freezes up 2 bars from final extraction. I moved ROM 2.3 to a temp folder and renamed. I've even reinstalled WinZip.
Any ideas or suggestions on how I can complete download?

use winrar instead of winzip.

I had reported this earlier. It was also why I asked zappara about the Config Setting file still naming the Mod 2.2, which zap addressed in the 2.41 patch.

So Basically Yes. If you cahnge the Name of the Mod to anything Other than "Rise of Mankind" you get the Barb Artstyle error and the Map Setup bar stops at 2/3rds.

JosEPh :)

...but the game still loads all the way:confused:

Update on the UNIT_ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN bug. I found out a workaround(?) for it. It seems that the mod folder needs to be named exactly "Rise of mankind".

Tried that and it seems to take care of the issues I reported earlier.;)

Download 2.4 and patch 2.41 and after setting up game it stalls out upon loading and crashes. What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom