Version 2.4 feedback

That's what I said...

Does this happen only with those pre-made maps or also when you start new game with random map? I'd assume we'll have to modify those map files and check what artstyles barbarians are set to use... I'll try installing whole mod again from the zip files on weekend and see if I can get those errors (I test all updates this way anyway always before uploading), maybe I've missed something.

- ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN errors on loading the mod

- BUG init fail & missing stack units in-game (haven't tried any other maps, but these are new errors that 2.3 didn't have; I haven't touched the map - yet - so it's a 2.4 thing period.)

In 2.4, a vassal wanted to give me his "liberated" city, but there was no options in the civ diplomacy screen :S I had to refuse (press esc) and just continued to play until I got a sudden diplomacy victory from the religious diplomatic wonder :p

ok i must be a complete n00b or something but i am now having issues with loading a saved game from 2.4 in 2.41 is there something I am doing wrong here?

says something about failed to uncompress data and quickly closes...

i love this mod but this is the second save game that will not load for me after updating (2.3 to 2.4 2.3 saves wont load... new game in 2.4 now wont load in 2.41.. i must be missing something here??)

ok i must be a complete n00b or something but i am now having issues with loading a saved game from 2.4 in 2.41 is there something I am doing wrong here?

i love this mod but this is the second save game that will not load for me after updating (2.3 to 2.4 2.3 saves wont load... new game in 2.4 now wont load in 2.41.. i must be missing something here??)

version 2.4 is not save compatible with 2.3 saves because of the unit/terrain/building changes. Im guessing why 2.41 isn't save compatible with 2.4 is because of the battle effect changes. Current 2.41 data doesn't match up with the 2.4 game, so it won't start because it freaks out.

coal can be found in marshes...i think. at least of peat i m sure and i somewhat recall it being able to form coal.
Oh yeah! Will add it to marsh terrain plots in v2.5

Here are the logs from right up to when another foreign AI tried to initiate something with me that I couldn't reply to again.
Looks like the BUG mod component can't deal with Continents&Islands.py file name as seen in those logs (python error). I looked through RoM files and it doesn't have such map script included so my guess is that you got it somewhere else (custom assets?). I didn't see that file in Civ4, Warlords or in BtS folders, so it must be some custom map script? Try changing that 'Continents&Islands.py' file name to format Continents_Islands.py and see if it works then.

Note for everyone: if you have any custom assets downloaded and installed, you better turn them off when you start RoM. This can be done by editing Rise of Mankind.ini -file and set NoCustomAssets = 0 to 1. Most custom assets, like having BUG installed as custom asset folders and then running RoM (which has BUG included as well), will certainly cause problems.

No, I have that too. More frequent after ranged bombing a unit stack I think. Some single unit comes from nowhere to join the battle a little late.
Maybe it's Active Defense mod component from Influence Driven War which is causing it to happen as this mod component spawns extra defenders if certain conditions are met. This is done in SDK so I don't think I can change it in anyway (or fix it).

- ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN errors on loading the mod

- BUG init fail & missing stack units in-game (haven't tried any other maps, but these are new errors that 2.3 didn't have; I haven't touched the map - yet - so it's a 2.4 thing period.)
I reinstalled last night RoM v2.4 and patch 2.41 again to see if I could replicate this bug. I didn't get any errors about barbarian artstyle... Have you tried cleaning BtS cache files? Maybe those are causing some kind of conflict.

Last night I went and looked through all those maps that were made for RoM v2.3, works fine for me. Just noticed few maps had still Aluminum resources on them so I fixed them for v2.5.

Generally I'd say that saved games won't work at all any time you patch up mod to next version. So it's always better to finish up current game with current version and patch the mod after that. Basic rule is that if anything is added to mod's XML files, the earlier version saved games stop working but if there's only modified settings and no new stuff, then the saved games will work.

I like this mod so much that i have already started 4 games, and all of them have crashed in 20 turns or so :lol:

I reinstalled last night RoM v2.4 and patch 2.41 again to see if I could replicate this bug. I didn't get any errors about barbarian artstyle... Have you tried cleaning BtS cache files? Maybe those are causing some kind of conflict.

Last night I went and looked through all those maps that were made for RoM v2.3, works fine for me. Just noticed few maps had still Aluminum resources on them so I fixed them for v2.5.

OK, that's good. I care less about the barb artstyle messages (which doesn't interfere with gameplay), than stack units not showing buttons: to select a unit in a stack I had to unstack the viewable unit (i.e. move it 1 square), then the next unit button shows. Actually, it's just units that are in the same square, for instance a city: only 1 unit shows up selectable. That's just obnoxious gameplaywise.:(

I like this mod so much that i have already started 4 games, and all of them have crashed in 20 turns or so :lol:
With what settings and what mod version? So far I've played about 2000 turns with v2.4 without problems - one save is now around 1960's but it's getting so slow that I'll probably run into MAF problem once all hell breaks loose with world war. 2nd game I've started is now on medieval age :)

These settings. Always modern age and quickstart. All mods on except Revolution. 1 game with 2.31, 2 with 2.4 and 1 with 2.41. One of them was with a small map, but it crashed anyways.

I never started a war and ,y card is a Gforce 8400 GS with 512MB, so i don't think it is a MAF.

Attachments

• civ.JPG
    civ.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 71
Looks like the BUG mod component can't deal with Continents&Islands.py file name as seen in those logs (python error). I looked through RoM files and it doesn't have such map script included so my guess is that you got it somewhere else (custom assets?). I didn't see that file in Civ4, Warlords or in BtS folders, so it must be some custom map script? Try changing that 'Continents&Islands.py' file name to format Continents_Islands.py and see if it works then

I made your suggested correction and also did the obvious of enabling Python Error Pop-Ups! So what does this signify (I'm assuming then this IS due to the BUG meddling you did in 2.41):
Diplomacy Error.JPG

And here are the logs:
View attachment Diplomacy Error Logs.zip

Zappa first I want to say nice MOD one of my favorites, was wondering if the Giant and Gigantic maps were removed in version 2.41 as well as the Blitz and Snail speeds, or did I get a bad download.
If so I would suggest returning them in 2.5(since cannot go over 18 players now), but even without them great MOD loved it since I discovered it.

Okay, in regards to the building requirements, I decided to pull up you XML file and look around a bit. My first comment is that the XML for this game is a lot bulkier than the last game I worked with. That aside, maybe you could try poking at this.

When you put multiple items in the prereqbonus tag, you can build the building if any one of the items is available. What happens if you put multiple items in the prereqbuilding tag? Does it then need every building in the city, or would it work as long as any of them are available?

Starting up RoM, i get the same artstyle_barbarian problem on 2.41 as 2.4...
this is what the XML Error popup says:

Tag: UNIT_ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

same for the 2nd one too, so maybe you should look there for an irregularity. You could download your own mod and see how the mod differs after the dl to the one you have, Zap and see if theres a corruption of data somewhere.;)

Hey Zap

First, love RoM, thanks for all the work

The 2.4 patch has a few issues though in my opinion
1) Really don't like the marshes, maybe in a few spots around the planet, but there are everywhere
2) The change in color scheme for the map as a whole. Is it possible to make this optional?
3) Super Spies. The promotions listed in sevopedia don't really make sense. Alchemist and inquisitor have the same listed skill set

Just feedback, appreciate all the hard work again

FB

not sure if this is a bug or is supposed to be that way.

When I build a unit in a city, the city stops growing. It's as if I''m building a settler/worker. I'm trying to build an axeman for example, but while the city is building that unit, it stops growing.

Is this suppsed to be like that?

not sure if this is a bug or is supposed to be that way.

When I build a unit in a city, the city stops growing. It's as if I''m building a settler/worker. I'm trying to build an axeman for example, but while the city is building that unit, it stops growing.

Is this suppsed to be like that?

Are you running the Military Training civic? That causes military units to be produced with food.

Are you running the Military Training civic? That causes military units to be produced with food.

I see... yes I'm running Military Training civic, didn't know that this causes that issue. Hmm, not sure if it's worth it running that civic then.

Thnks for the reply.

...by the way it's not a bad idea to stop a city from growing while it is building military units. Military units should represent a part of the empire's population. You can't just keep on popping up military units with no impact whatsoever on the empire's working population. Halting the city's growth while it's building military units is realistic in my opinion. It also reduces the armies' size, I don't particularly like huge armies in the game.

can't say i agree with halting growth for military units

keep in mind growth constitutes thousands of births depending on city size

a military unit produced would not be inkeeping with that

Top Bottom